07 Jan 2013
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

Tech Help Guide to 'Accept as Solution' & 'Like'

[ Edited ]
9 Replies 9,790 Views edited 29-08-2014

No doubt during your time on this forum (whether you've just signed up or have been posting away for years) you might need help with a technical issue and you've come to the support section of the forum. Many others have come before you, and many more will follow in years to come. Either way, your question is important to you and perhaps in the past, or future, it is important to someone else. To help others know if you have had a resolution to your question the forum allows you to mark the answer that has helped you as an "Accepted Solution". By using this simple built-in tool, you'll be helping others that are experiencing the same problem as you. :Thumbs:

This short guide aims to explain how to mark an answer as an "Accepted Solution", not only for here in the tech help section but other parts of the forum that this is incorporated. 

Mark As Accepted Solution

In the example below I recently asked a question concerning upgrading my HDD on my PS4. A helpful forumer was able to provide me with the answer I needed. As a way of highlighting their answer helped me and for others to use I clicked on the cog icon up to the top right of the response. In the drop down menu all I need to do is then click on the "Mark as Accepted Solution" option, and Bob's your uncle (or aunt if he's like that), and it's done.

Untitled.jpg

If you go back to your original post, it should now look like this:

Untitled.jpg

At the bottom of the post there is a big banner that when clicked will take you to the post that the Original Poster (in this case, me) deemed to help them the most. Simples! 

Finally, you'll see on the board you posted in, your thread will now be highlighted with a green box and tick beside it, like so:

Untitled.jpg

Along the way to finding your solution, there may be people in your thread, or in a thread you're reading who are trying very hard to help with the problem at hand.

If you think their post is helpful, or if they've given tips that worked for you, then give them a "Like" to show your appreciation. :Smile:

Untitled.jpg

Click the Like button to add to the post's count. More Likes mean that more people found the post helpful.

Remember that by using the "Mark as Accepted Solution" option and the "Like" button, you'll be helping other forumers in the future with their problems! :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (9,790 Views)
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Re: Tech Help Guide to "Accept as Solution" & "Kudos"

[ Edited ]

THIS.RIGHT.HERE! Ladies and Gentlemen, is the thread you need to take note from!

Nicely done strangeplaice [^__^]

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (9,749 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

It's bugging me that this thread doesn't have an accepted solution. :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (9,727 Views)
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Pin-Pin-Ire wrote:
It's bugging me that this thread doesn't have an accepted solution. :smileytongue:

I declare this thread solved! :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (9,707 Views)
Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Excellent work strangeplaice! Guide stickied!

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (9,638 Views)
Level 1

Playstation Staff

What are "Kudos" and what do they mean?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10 (8,413 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

speck1234 wrote:

What are "Kudos" and what do they mean?

Here's a link to the main explanation which will tell you all about Kudos :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10 (8,409 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Why can't I give Kudos to your post?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10 (8,408 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

You need to have been a member here for at least 2 weeks and have viewed at least 500 pages on the forums :smileywink:

It's easy enough to reach that target. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10 (8,404 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

thank u very much that seems to have sorted it  back gaming again

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (8,348 Views)