17 Feb 2013
By: IVIAKAV3L1 Member 195 Posts
Level 3
Accepted Solution

The database on the system storage will be rebuilt???

8 Replies 1,056 Views Created 17-02-2013

For a reference check here first... http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/General-Discussion/The-database-on-the-system-storage-will-be...

If you are familiar with this perticular one of the PS3s apparently VAST number of errors, you will know that aside from other things, this removes all album information.

I had nearly 200 DVDs ripped to my PS3, mostly seasons of TV shows all in named albums, so when I sort using the square button they all appear to be in organised folders. Now all I have is over 800 files in 1 folder, in the most random order possible ... eg ... 10 x S01E01  then followed by 10 episodes named S01E02

Is there anyway I can recover this or do I have to waste hours re-doing it, also knowing that this may just happen again someday and I will have to do it again.

Its funny to think, what if I wasted this much of Sonys time, i would expect a bill for at least £100 or maybe even a court case. Never mind it being my only night off from work this week and I had planned to relax and play some gran turismo 5 then get in bed with a season of The Big Bang Theory playing while I go to sleep. Now unless I spend time renaming those It will be alternating different shows...  Quite a pain in the butt!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9 (1,056 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Re: The database on the system storage will be rebuilt???

Sad to say, you'll have to waste hours redoing all this. Sorry D:
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (1,054 Views)
Level 3

[ Edited ]

Damn that is a total bummer, thanks for your help though much appreciated... may I have any reasons this happened or any ways of preventing it in future please?

If I spend days renaming them, then it happens again, I fear I might actually kill someone. (exaggeration)

Thanks

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9 (1,045 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

"If issues continue to persist and you select this option please note that data will be removed during this process.

The following information will removed:
- User changes to Information Screens
- User changes to Picture under Photos
- Video Thumbnails
- Video Playback History
- Video Resume Information
This process may take same time to complete"

This data is removed because it's the stuff that's most likely to go wrong, become corrupted or otherwise go wonky. The best way to avoid it happening in future is to always ensure the console turns off properly by using the "Turn off the System" option the PS button, XMB or the front power button.

Sometimes it'll give you the option to press circle to cancel the rebuild. If that's available the system will bypass it and boot normally :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (1,037 Views)
Level 3

Okay but I have always turned it off the correct way. Anything else that could have caused it please?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9 (1,034 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

IVIAKAV3L1 wrote:
Okay but I have always turned it off the correct way. Anything else that could have caused it please?

Occasionally a crash or failed shutdown from a game misbehaving can cause it. There's nothing you can do about that though sadly. It's the game developers fault if that happens.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (1,032 Views)
Level 3

Ok I shall have to go onto their forums and make them aware of this to prevent it possibly happening to anyone else. Thank you very much for your help and solution. Much appreciated.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9 (1,029 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

No bother at all :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9 (1,026 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I was told on the Assassins Creed 3 forums ... ''typically this is the first error you will start to get with a failing hard drive. rebuilding the data base (can) purge your drive of all the data not needed (movies, music, playlists)''

My PS3 is less than 2 months old :-(

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9 (987 Views)
0 Kudos