12 Jul 2012
By: cOd_assasin909

1 Posts

The file system on the system storage is corrupted and will be restore - ERROR

50 Replies 43,197 Views Created 12-07-2012
I turned on my ps3 and an error poped up that said the file system on the system storage is corrupted and will be restored and the only choice was OK so I clicked it it started and finished the restore and restarted but when i turned it on it asked me the same thing again i did many times it didn't go , I tried the recovery menu but it didn't work because my ps3 is the original one and not the slim one (the one with 4 USB ports) I need my ps3 but I don't know what to do help me please. ...
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 51 (43,197 Views)
Level 5

Re: The file system on the system storage is corrupted and will be restore - ERROR

Try a different HDD, and see if you still get the same error. If not, then your original HDD has developed a serious fault, and as such is no longer usable.

My PSN Profile

All blank friend requests will be refused.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 51 (43,124 Views)
0 Kudos

Re: The file system on the system storage is corrupted and will be restore - ERROR

im getting the same error msg and have the original ps3, have you found a way to fix it?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 51 (42,910 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

The safe mode should still be usable on the original ps3. Have you tried accessing it?
Follow fi8767 on Twitter
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 51 (42,867 Views)
0 Kudos

i have been getting the same problem i tried the safe mode and still preparing after 14 hours so let me know if yoo find away to fix it .

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 51 (42,768 Views)
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I would advise Safe Mode for this issue.  If that does not help then there may be a fault with the console.  In this incidence you should contact PlayStation Support for further assistance.

SFZ

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 51 (42,762 Views)
0 Kudos

i did the system storage  is corrupted download but after  i do the download my tv goes blank

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 51 (39,653 Views)
0 Kudos

My file system messed up too.  when i was loading something up, it was taking an extreamly long time, si i unpluged it.  next time i turned the system on, it said the file system was corrrupted and will be restored.  i clicked ok and it evetually loaded to 100%.  then the screen went black for a long time.  then i got the same message, the file system is corrupted and will be restored.   i clicked it again and it did the same thing.  it's been doing this like a never ending cycle.   i then went to the and my safe mode and clicked rebuild database and it's taking forever.  i really have no idea what to do.  i cant access the main menu or anything. i really love sony and my ps3.  i need help plz:Help

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 51 (38,860 Views)
0 Kudos

exact same as mine right now please help

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 51 (34,581 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

mines just done the same and ive the slim ps3! im not happy and need me ps3 im lost without it :smileysad: ive not tried safe mode. ive just unplugged everything atm 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 51 (34,522 Views)
0 Kudos