06 Jan 2013
By calpol5

Playstation Staff

Ultraviolet UK

6 Replies 9,993 Views Created 06-01-2013

Morning,

Does any one know how to access Ultraviolet movies for the Playstation 3, I have downloaded 3 to my flizster account but I'm unable to download.

Also I have tried to access the video files on my laptop but again no luck.

I know US PS3 users are able to run an app called VUDU on my channels but the UK version does not have this option.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7 (9,993 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: Ultraviolet UK

I have the same problem I have ultraviolet titles and PS3 UK doesn't appear to have any options to watch them

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (9,934 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I don't think this is possible on the UK PSN yet. Vudu is an american streaming service.

I think you can grab it by creating a new user on your PS3 and setting your location in PlayStation Store to America on that user then rebooting. Don't sign up for PSN when trying this as it'd break the terms of use and get you into trouble.

After that it should appear in the TV or Video section of the XMB.

Vudu accounts are free but I've not signed up and haven't a clue how the service works, or if it'd even connect in the Uk. Try it at your own risk.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (9,930 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Help - it appears that ultraviolet works on the other well known gaming device - not PS3?

There must be a solution Sony!!!!!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (9,412 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Nothing to do with SCE. UV license was created by US movie studios, the UK licensed vender is flixster, not Vudu.

https://redeem.flixster.com/ultraviolet/

PS, Flixster care so little about UV that they have not even bothered to update there site with any links to the Xbox app for the 172 UK UV licensed content... naff all... has been done...

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. User of... VM cable, SKY+HD, Game Capture HD II. Mobile 14 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43.
Amazon Fire TV, chromecast... and Sky Go PS4.
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (9,401 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Stumbled across this thread.

You can add UV titles to Tesco's Blinkbox service and play them using the Blinkbox app on the PS3 in the UK.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (705 Views)

Playstation Staff

You sir deserve a medal for finding this I have been looking all over for a way to play my UV movies and TV shows and nothing came up so thanks a lot now I have access to almost off of the movies (some don't show but that is not an issue)

Thumbs up from me :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7 (299 Views)
0 Kudos