01 Jun 2012

Playstation Staff

Unable to connect: DNS error 80710102

4 Replies 7,457 Views Created 01-06-2012

Hey guys.

Having a bit of grief hooking up my PS3 to the network with an Ethernet cable. Getting a DNS error: 80710102.

Whats strange is that when I had the PS3 in my room which has no ethernet ports but is in Wireless range of my router, the PS3 would happily autoconnect to the network. Howver now that I have moved it away from the house out of Wireless range and need to use an Ethernet cable it is giving me grief.

I am aware I am by no means the first to have this problem. My ISP's online help gave a Primary and Secondary DNS, however those still don't help the connection. All online solutions I have found of entering a free DNS or resetting the router and PS3 don't help the PS3 connect either. The PS3 can retrieve the IP Address I asigned it, it just cannot connect to the interent.

I have tried contacting my ISP, but they claim they are unable to help and that I should contact Playstation. The Playstation Helpdesk number on the forums for New Zealand sounds disconnected. So now I'm not sure who to go too...

Any help is much appreciated. :smileyhappy:

GW

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5 (7,457 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: Unable to connect: DNS error 80710102

Goldwidow wrote:

Hey guys.

Having a bit of grief hooking up my PS3 to the network with an Ethernet cable. Getting a DNS error: 80710102.

Whats strange is that when I had the PS3 in my room which has no ethernet ports but is in Wireless range of my router, the PS3 would happily autoconnect to the network. Howver now that I have moved it away from the house out of Wireless range and need to use an Ethernet cable it is giving me grief.

I am aware I am by no means the first to have this problem. My ISP's online help gave a Primary and Secondary DNS, however those still don't help the connection. All online solutions I have found of entering a free DNS or resetting the router and PS3 don't help the PS3 connect either. The PS3 can retrieve the IP Address I asigned it, it just cannot connect to the interent.

I have tried contacting my ISP, but they claim they are unable to help and that I should contact Playstation. The Playstation Helpdesk number on the forums for New Zealand sounds disconnected. So now I'm not sure who to go too...

Any help is much appreciated. :smileyhappy:

GW

Hi GW,

Just out of interest is it wired into a wall plug, the router or the modem directly?

Rabid

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5 (7,447 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I've been having the same problem here in the US. t worked perfectly fine on wireless when I was at school, but now that I moved home, it is no longer working. I tried both wireless and wired connections and get the same issue of being able to get an ip address but not being able to connect to the internet. Any help would be awesome.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5 (7,402 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Hi SuperTurtle880,

Have you tried reseting your Network setting? Go here to find out more information on how to do it:

Wired connection: http://faq.en.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/205/p/491

Wireless connection: http://faq.en.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/204/p/491

Regards,

Cream.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5 (7,387 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

It's connected on the CPU Tower

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5 (2,953 Views)