04 May 2012
Playstation Staff

Urgent Help Needed

8 Replies 277 Views Created 04-05-2012

hello this message is about my playstation account DaUnusualSuspect and a problem with resetting my password i was not thinking straight one night and changed my psn password and now i cant remember it and i can reset via email as my email adress is locked as i forgot the password on that to i am auto logged in on the account but really need my password reset can some one please help me 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9 (277 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 14

Playstation Staff

Re: Urgent Help Needed

Your only option is to phone Sony support. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9 (275 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

srsly omg this is gunna be a long ride
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9 (273 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

u know if thay will reset it for me for sure as i dont want to run up a phone bill just to be toald thay cant do it

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9 (269 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Contact Customer Support on your local number. All their numbers are available here.

They will require you to answer questions to prove your identity. If you are unable to do that then they may ask for documentation to prove your ownership of the account, eg a bank statement. This is to ensure people can't just pretend to be their friends and gain access to their accounts.

They'll help you as best they can to ensure you get your account back, it's part of their job :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9 (264 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 14

Playstation Staff

MistaGrimReefer wrote:

u know if thay will reset it for me for sure as i dont want to run up a phone bill just to be toald thay cant do it

Isn't there any "forgot password" option when you try to sign-in to your email account?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9 (262 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

thank you il give it a try and there is but it sends the password link to my inactive email

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9 (255 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

are these numbers expensive to ring

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9 (250 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

The 0845 number is around 5p a min on a BT line, however if you call 020 7859 5000, it's the same price as calling a friends house, which is free on some house phones. :smileywink:

Note that the 020 number is Sony UK support and you'll need transferred to PlayStation Support, however it may save you a bomb

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9 (245 Views)
0 Kudos