16 Feb 2012
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

YLOD - Transfer Purchases

3 Replies 2,316 Views Created 16-02-2012

Hi,

Ok my old bulky 40gb suffered YLOD yesterday after about 4-5 years of good working order! I've found out it is going to be cheaper and easier to buy a new PS3. Problems are:

1) Will I be able to retrieve my trophies? (wouldn't make sense if I could as the old system is dead!)

2) Purchases.. I bought lots of stuff from the Playstation Store, has this all been lost? Or like itunes can I just set up a new PS3, sign into PS Store and then redownload?

Any help would be good as I feel like I've spent a fortune on stuff and am going to lose it all !

Thanks

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4 (2,316 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Re: YLOD - Transfer Purchases

As long as you use the same PSN that was on your old PS3 your trophies and downloads are safe.

To get your trophies back, all you need to do is resync them.

To get your DLC/PSN games back, all you need to do is go to your downloads list on the store and they will be there.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4 (2,313 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Wow! Thanks for the reply, so i'd just set myself up as 'Stormboiz' again, it won't say 'this name has been taken'

If this is the case I am now very happy :Smile:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4 (2,308 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

stormboiz wrote:

Wow! Thanks for the reply, so i'd just set myself up as 'Stormboiz' again, it won't say 'this name has been taken'

If this is the case I am now very happy :Smile:

When you go to the create account screen,it asks you if you wish to use an existing account.

Just select YES - And use your login details (email & password) - And your PSN account "stormbioz" will be all there.

Sadly,you will have to download all your purchases & updates again - Instead of just plonking your old hard-drive in.Not a problem if youve only downloaded a few games of the store.

But for someone like myself,whos downloaded over 100 PSN titles - Its a major,major headache.

And a major oversight from SONY.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4 (2,297 Views)
0 Kudos