14 Jun 2012

Playstation Staff

Ylod fixed, now no image and wont go into safe mode!? Help!!!

5 Replies 428 Views Created 14-06-2012

Had a 40gb YLOD system in today,

did the fix and the console powered up fine, fan stayed normal but no image on the screen on either HDMI or Composite, so i tried the usual safe mode option 3 and wont even go into safe mode, beeps to turn on hold button 1 beep continue holding 2 beeps then powers off, safe again except release after 2nd beep and still NO SIGNAL appears on the Tv, when it first starts up it says Searching for Signals then goes to NO SIGNAL so i thought it was resolution but i cant get it into safe mode to try, i've tried starting without the HDD but still no good so i've come to a dead end :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6 (428 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Re: Ylod fixed, now no image and wont go into safe mode!? Help!!!

What "Fix" did you use to "repair" your YLOD?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6 (416 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I always use the gilksy guide that i learnt ages ago but this is the first time ive come across this outcome!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6 (415 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Having just watched it, I can say that it is probably the worst method for fixing one I've ever seen short of turning it on and firing a hot hairdryer through it. At the very best that method will only give you a few days/weeks extra play tops and eventually lead to what you're experiencing.

From the sound of things you've done this multiple times which would indicate that several of the crucial components within the PS3 have been frazzled from this. It's probably damaged beyond repair at this point. Sorry. :smileysad:

The fact it has been opened and dismantled means that no store will want to touch it with a bargepole and you'd be best off selling things like the BluRay drive on eBay, and putting the money towards a new console.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6 (410 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Really... The gilksy method has seen my consoles lasts 2 years at a time before needing attention again...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6 (408 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

If you are incredibly careful you can extend the life provided the initial problem was pretty minor, though each time the process is redone more damage is put upon the chips which aren't designed to cope with such direct heat.
From what I've read, and from that video it sounds as though a chip has given up the ghost. It's even more likely if it's been done more than once.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6 (406 Views)
0 Kudos