21 Jul 2012

Playstation Staff

automatic download not working properly

2 Replies 92 Views Created 21-07-2012

Hi. i got ps plus and decided to download. i set the time to 2:00 A.M to 4:00 P.M. but my ps3 didnt turn on automatically and i decided to do it my self. it started workiong but it didnt turn off automatically at 4:00 A.M. how can i make it turn on and off automatically?

*$herry*
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3 (92 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Re: automatic download not working properly

The PS3 PS+ auto turn on is Every other day..

Not every day...

It will then check the Last 5 games played for updates and download every thing in your download cue and upload your trophies and save games...

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. User of... VM cable, SKY+HD, Game Capture HD II. Mobile 14 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43.
Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast... and TV from Sky PS4.
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3 (83 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: automatic download not working properly

When you set the time zone, it will start randomly within that zone and run for upto 2 hours. I assume you meant 2.00 am to 4 am as you can only set a 2 hour slot. That means it could actually run 3.55am to around 5.55am.

If you have the 'set time automatically from the internet' option the PS+ update will run daily, otherwise, it's every other day.

It checks the last 10 games for updates, if there aren't any in that 10, it checks the previous 10. Patches might be uploaded after your scheduled run so it might not update a game you expected it to.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3 (76 Views)
0 Kudos