4 Posts

black ops 2 freezing

22 Replies 1894 Views Created 13-11-2012
Why is it freezing?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 23 (1,894 Views)
0 Kudos

Re: black ops 2 freezing

It happens to me also. Now I can't log into psn. i get error 8071053d.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 23 (1,871 Views)
0 Kudos

Is this on or off line guys?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 23 (1,845 Views)
0 Kudos

my black ops 2 keeps freezing online when i get into a lobby multi/zombies, keeps saying black ops 2 server down, i did not have this problem at fist i had to crash my ps3 four times and i very much doubt they will give me a new console if it breaks due to the game breaking it, i have all the call of dutys and black ops 2 has just let me down so far GUTTED 

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 23 (1,779 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I bought black ops 2 last week and it was fine up until yesturday lunch time. every match i entered online froze, i then today thought i would try offline and that too froze... i cant spend more than 5 minutes on this game without it freezing... £44.99 for a title screen and some freezing... this is why dlc patches are a stupid idea. game developers feel they can throw a game out on the market with MANY faults and patch it along the way...

before anyone says its my playstation i can play any other game for as long as i like and there are no problems at all.

until this is resolved ill be recommending to all not to buy this game as it is a waste of money

Fix it Treyarch and activision!

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 23 (1,346 Views)
0 Kudos

mine keeps freezing too on the loading screens and means i have to reboot my ps3 all the time which in turn has to do a check of the harddrive which is a bit of an inconvenience to say the least, i dont mind it when it cant get on the net but when i have to keep rebooting it at the machine eventually it will probably damage it.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 23 (1,284 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

[ Edited ]

corsa2323 wrote:

mine keeps freezing too on the loading screens and means i have to reboot my ps3 all the time which in turn has to do a check of the harddrive which is a bit of an inconvenience to say the least, i dont mind it when it cant get on the net but when i have to keep rebooting it at the machine eventually it will probably damage it.

Hi guys,

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the Game Data for Black Ops 2? The most recent patch was a texture pack for the online game, there may be issues here that can causing freezing perhaps?

Let me know if this helps at all.

Rabid

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 23 (1,282 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

its worked but the game still has issues with random freezes. loading is far too much for this game and it shows

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 23 (1,225 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

same thing for me my ps3 not even a year old never had a problem with any other game ontil black ops 2 :Argh: it started out getting the odd freeze here & there , then starting last week it froze every time after getting into a game zombies or multiplayer. next it started to freeze anytime it felt like it, menus in game & loading up.plus everytime it froze had to do a system file check which probably dont help the console seen as i've done about 50 restore file checks in about a week & half. now as of 2day my ps3 won't even read any discs i insert disc sounds like its trying to load for 10 sec then makes a noise like its ejecting disc but nothing comes out. what now sony cant afford another playstation seen as its christmas & i was looking forward to the holidays having time to set some records on zombies. please please reply to all of us in this thread need some answers quick :Help:

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 23 (1,140 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Dave_The_Rave_81 wrote:

same thing for me my ps3 not even a year old never had a problem with any other game ontil black ops 2 :Argh: it started out getting the odd freeze here & there , then starting last week it froze every time after getting into a game zombies or multiplayer. next it started to freeze anytime it felt like it, menus in game & loading up.plus everytime it froze had to do a system file check which probably dont help the console seen as i've done about 50 restore file checks in about a week & half. now as of 2day my ps3 won't even read any discs i insert disc sounds like its trying to load for 10 sec then makes a noise like its ejecting disc but nothing comes out. what now sony cant afford another playstation seen as its christmas & i was looking forward to the holidays having time to set some records on zombies. please please reply to all of us in this thread need some answers quick :Help:

This sounds like the console has developed a hardware issue Dave. In the instance where it is not loading discs and you have tried the system restore or Safe Mode- the console may need replacing.

It doesnt sound like the issues are related to a corrupted HDD for instance but if you were able to replace or reseat it, it may help. Otherwise you would have to contact PlayStation Support for more info- which can be found here.

Rabid

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 23 (1,118 Views)
0 Kudos