18 May 2012

Playstation Staff

corrupt hdd

8 Replies 157 Views Created 18-05-2012

Hi, 

today i tried to restore my defaul settings, i get a messge saying "settings information corrupt press x to restore default settings and i do that but all it does it take me back to the same message what can i do

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9 (157 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Re: corrupt hdd

If the system is completely unable to start then try using this tutorial to enter safe mode.

Start at the top of the menu and work your way down to the bottom but check between each step to see if it's fixed :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (155 Views)

Playstation Staff

that was the 1st thing i tried didnt work

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9 (153 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Have you tried every option on the menu?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9 (146 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

yes even the update 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9 (144 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I have the same problem, after I tried to fast format the system I always get that corruption message .And after I press the x button I only see a black screen and I can't even reset the console after that .It looks like the console is ''frozen'' after pressing the x button .
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9 (115 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Anyone who knows a solution to fix this problem?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9 (113 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

If you've tried EVERY option in safe mode and not had any luck then your PS3 will probably need to be sent in for repairs. You can call your local Sony Helpdesk using the numbers here.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (109 Views)

Playstation Staff

The problem is the hdd you can fix it or change it with a new one, i had same problem with my ps3 unfurtunately it happended to my 1tb hdd i did from option 1 to 5 from recovery mode and none worked so i put the original 80 gb hdd and it worked, im still tryinf to fix my 1tb hdd damn i cant play all my games with only 80 gb specially bf3 with all the maps and updates + dc universe online damn!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9 (69 Views)
0 Kudos