27%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

gta v keeps freezing when loading up!

15 Replies 6,796 Views Created 17-09-2013

ok i went out and bought gta v this morning from my local supermarket. i had to try a few times for the game to install. it kept freezing on the female cop scene and wouldnt go any further. after switching off n on again it finally installed the game. played the game fine up to the point where i had to go for a ride with chop the dog in the van. got to the yellow destination point and it froze on me. had to use ps button to quit the game. i tried loading the game again and it would allways freeze while the game was loading save data. i unistalled all gta v data and re-installed. playing again i got as far as grabbing the cash from the safe at the beggining of the game but when it came to the point where you open the shutters nothing would make them open?? if i didnt have a shaved head i would be pulling my hair out. pls help me.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

fi8767

96%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fi8767
Accepted Solution
Have you reported these issues to Rockstar? sound like bugs
0 Kudos

Re: gta v keeps freezing when loading up!

/16

cruisey79

27%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
cruisey79
Accepted Solution
yes I did. not heard anything back from them yet. got it to work after deleting game saves. got a little further n it ftoze again.
0 Kudos

/16

iamgamer1994

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
iamgamer1994
Accepted Solution
i had the same exact problem with the same mission and all. i dont know what it is. i thought it was the disc so i traded em in and got a new one. still had the same thing happen. tell me if you figure it out man, its driving me nuts not being able to play this game.
0 Kudos

/16

Hell_Raysa

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Hell_Raysa
Accepted Solution
I'm having the same issue, I play for 10 of 15 minutes then it freezes.... I've deleted every Gta V, save file then reinstalled the game and tried it again, and the same thing happened.... Does anyone know if it has anything tobdo with that blimp dlc....?
0 Kudos

/16

mcd_57

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mcd_57
Accepted Solution

I think I've figured out the solution, DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE BLIMP! If you have already you must trade in your game for a new one. Delete everything from the old one and make plenty of free space for the new one, complete steps 4 and 3 in that order for formatting, and install the new game. I did this and my game ran perfectly until I downloaded the BLIMP again, stupid. Now the game won't load anymore. Now I have to go and exchange my game for a 3rd time, and I will not be downloading THE BLIMP! Someone is making a lot money causing a lot of consoles to even crash altogether. Not so good for Rockstar with people asking for their money back. 

0 Kudos

/16

WotsHappeninSon

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
WotsHappeninSon
Accepted Solution
I got the same issue , I've got a new copy coming , have u found the problem ?? Really wanna play this game !!!!!!
0 Kudos

/16

cruisey79

27%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
cruisey79
Accepted Solution
I got a new copy today and I am having the same isues even after deleting all gta v data off my ps3. ive sent rockstar all the info aswell. serial number how much memory free. just curious what are your serial numbers off your ps3?
0 Kudos

/16

cruisey79

27%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
cruisey79
Accepted Solution
mine is 02-2745360-1576541-cech-2003a
0 Kudos

/16

cruisey79

27%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
cruisey79
Accepted Solution
all my other games work fine. I can only think it is certain model ps3s have issues. hope they get to the bottom of it. Otherwise I wasted my money.
0 Kudos

/16

iamgamer1994

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
iamgamer1994
Accepted Solution
its now the blim btw. i still havent put it in yet an i cant get passed that damn mission
0 Kudos

/16

iamgamer1994

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
iamgamer1994
Accepted Solution
not the blimp**
0 Kudos

/16

tha_gr33k18

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
tha_gr33k18
Accepted Solution

I seemed to have found a solution. As well mine has been freezing up for they last few days and has gotten progressively worse. This morning the game would freeze before it even finished loaded. However, I deleted alot of my older game installs and freed up alot of space. The game seems to be running smoothly. For now atleast. Let me know if this works with anyone else

0 Kudos

/16

cruisey79

27%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
cruisey79
Accepted Solution
yeh I tried it and it seems to be working ok. I only left gt5 game data on my ps3.to big wiv all the updates. deleted music n pics aswell as going into service menu and doin option 4 rebuild database an option 3. in that order. I then installed gta v n it seems to be working ok for now. ill post if anymore problems.
0 Kudos

/16

KushhhCloud219

34%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KushhhCloud219
Accepted Solution
Ahh I can only play for about 15 minutes(sometimes 5) before it freezes. Radio stations stop working, cars floating in the air, running into invisible *****, quality goes back to gta3 times, missing objects, randomly appearing in cars, than freezes. Playstation store just ripped me off after all this waiting. It'd be nice if they could somehow transfer the cash and delete the playstation store purchase and just send me the disc. So mad right now. Restoring my playstation and attempting the third redownload. If anything can be done about this please let me know!!
0 Kudos

/16

ussoldier83

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ussoldier83
Accepted Solution
I never downloaded that blimp and is still freezing. It was playing just fine yesterday. There was some new software update that I downloaded today and all of a sudden now it's freezing
0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel