Support

PS3 Support

PS3 Support

19 Mar 2013
By: obug3

1 Posts

ps3 freezing up on start up

4 Replies 3816 Views Created 19-03-2013

I"ve had my ps3 a couple months all of a sudden it freezes up on start up. it shows the waves then stops there. what is the problem and what can i do to fix this problem?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (3,816 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Re: ps3 freezing up on start up

obug3 wrote:

I"ve had my ps3 a couple months all of a sudden it freezes up on start up. it shows the waves then stops there. what is the problem and what can i do to fix this problem?

Hi obug3,

If you are getting the waves and not the XMB try starting the console up in Safe Mode.

This will give you a number of options related to formatting on the HDD as there may be a software issue on the console. Start with option 2, and check after each option if the console starts normally.

It is worth knowing that optionns 4 and 5 will result in data loss if you have to do them.

Rabid

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (3,798 Views)
0 Kudos

Re: hey rabid walker can u help me fx my ps3

i played black ops 2 multiplayer then i found a match after i finish the match ive gone black screen like this i found this in youtube this one look like 

Untitled.png

then i wait 10m i said   what the #$^* then i close my ps3 sounded like beepbeep  somthin like that then after 10m again  the green color and blue on ps3 stil wont turn off

there then i turn of my ps3 in the back then i open it again i tried to play it one more id still not work then i  close again my ps3  played assassin creed 3 pls help me i dont think if its frezze or its on the ps3 or cd

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (3,767 Views)
0 Kudos

I have the same problem right now my ps3 is freezing at same spot... So did a reboot in safe mode and worked a treat but when I tried playing games I wasn't allowed to save or even autosave so watch.... I then backed up my saves and did a FULL system restore file system everything so I basically had a new system again. Uploaded backup saves onto ps3 and yay I can save my games again.... However after playing it for bout an hour or two the thing crashes and so had to hold power button and sure enough got "beepbeepbeep" oh how I love that sound :smileymad: anyway when I tried to turn back on freezes on the bars again soooooo rebooted in safe mode again.... And yep cant save..... So my ps3 is taking me in circles crashing and everything so contacting customer service once again to see what they can do :'( sorry your having same problem :/
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (3,641 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

NSwinnerton615 wrote:
I have the same problem right now my ps3 is freezing at same spot... So did a reboot in safe mode and worked a treat but when I tried playing games I wasn't allowed to save or even autosave so watch.... I then backed up my saves and did a FULL system restore file system everything so I basically had a new system again. Uploaded backup saves onto ps3 and yay I can save my games again.... However after playing it for bout an hour or two the thing crashes and so had to hold power button and sure enough got "beepbeepbeep" oh how I love that sound :smileymad: anyway when I tried to turn back on freezes on the bars again soooooo rebooted in safe mode again.... And yep cant save..... So my ps3 is taking me in circles crashing and everything so contacting customer service once again to see what they can do :'( sorry your having same problem :/

If you've been through Safe Mode twice and you're still having the same freezing issue then there's probably some fault in your console hardware causing this. Unless you're good at hardware diagnostics there's probably not much you can do to save it yourself but if it's out of warranty a local repair shop may be able to fix it.

Sony will replace it with a refurb for free if you're still in warranty, or for £130 if you're out of warranty. If you want to arrange that then give your local Customer Support department a call.

Sorry it's not good news :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (3,637 Views)
0 Kudos