29 Oct 2012

Playstation Staff

ps3 motion controller won't work

2 Replies 874 Views Created 29-10-2012

Hey guys, I've spent the past 2 days searching for an answer but I can't find to seem somebody with the exact same problem.

I've recently bought a second motion eye controller and I can't seem to calibrate it. When the ps3 is fully turned off, I can press the PS button and it turns on... but that's it! When in xbm the motion controller does nothing. The other one that I got with the motion pack does work though. 

It's fully charged, lights are out, I've tried every distance...

I try to go to settings to calibrate it there or to re-assign the number to it, but since the ps3 doesn't detect it, i really cant. I mean it detects it since the small red light is on (and not flickering) but pressing start, select the main button in the middle, x, or triangle doesn't seem to do anything! I also tried to hold the PS button when in game, but that doesn't work either. When I calibrate the first motion controller and try to calibrate the second one in-game (sport championship) all it does is flicker (white light on the bulb)

I'm getting kind of desperate! Since I bought it new, it can't just be defect i reckon....

Thanks very much in advance!

P.s I'm using a ps3 slim 4.3 (recently bought)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3 (874 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: ps3 motion controller won't work

tomasson08 wrote:

Hey guys, I've spent the past 2 days searching for an answer but I can't find to seem somebody with the exact same problem.

I've recently bought a second motion eye controller and I can't seem to calibrate it. When the ps3 is fully turned off, I can press the PS button and it turns on... but that's it! When in xbm the motion controller does nothing. The other one that I got with the motion pack does work though. 

It's fully charged, lights are out, I've tried every distance...

I try to go to settings to calibrate it there or to re-assign the number to it, but since the ps3 doesn't detect it, i really cant. I mean it detects it since the small red light is on (and not flickering) but pressing start, select the main button in the middle, x, or triangle doesn't seem to do anything! I also tried to hold the PS button when in game, but that doesn't work either. When I calibrate the first motion controller and try to calibrate the second one in-game (sport championship) all it does is flicker (white light on the bulb)

I'm getting kind of desperate! Since I bought it new, it can't just be defect i reckon....

Thanks very much in advance!

P.s I'm using a ps3 slim 4.3 (recently bought)

Hi tomasson08,

Have you tried using just the Move controller which is having the issue with a single player game at all? Basically making sure the other controller is not paired.

It seems that the issue may lie with the controller as all other devices are working correctly. Are you able to try the controller on a friends PS3 system at all?

Rabid

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3 (854 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: ps3 motion controller won't work

I'm having the same problem just now! I bought it a few days ago... And this happens!!!! I've tried everything, and it won't work. Someone please help..

Even if it's attached to the usb cable, it wont work. I tried with my normal controllers and they work just fine. Only my move controller won't work. I feel so ripped off.. I just bought it and it's faulty.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3 (785 Views)
0 Kudos