By PlayerUMD

PlayerUMD

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Any way of possibly to get rid of the epilepsy warning?

42 Replies 1,328 Views Created 24-04-2012

Every time I boot up my PS3 this stupid warning comes up.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
Next-Gen Console Picks: Nintendo Wii U & Sony PS4!
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Award Winner
/16

Warren_Jeeves

• Award Winner
98%
15 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Warren_Jeeves
Accepted Solution
I hate the way I have to press a button to switch my PS3 on, come to think of it I hate having to put disks in too. All this on top of that warning must be loosing me many hours of my life, if the next console doesn't turn it's self on with thought control and have a 20 disc changer inside then I'm giving up playing games and taking up yoga.

How dare these gaming companies waste my life away with their stupid warnings and on off buttons?!?!?!?
0 Kudos

Re: Any way of possibly to get rid of the epilepsy warning?

/16

FooFan73

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FooFan73
Accepted Solution

Warren_Jeeves wrote:
I hate the way I have to press a button to switch my PS3 on, come to think of it I hate having to put disks in too. All this on top of that warning must be loosing me many hours of my life, if the next console doesn't turn it's self on with thought control and have a 20 disc changer inside then I'm giving up playing games and taking up yoga.

How dare these gaming companies waste my life away with their stupid warnings and on off buttons?!?!?!?

Now you're just being silly :P

0 Kudos

Photobucket
/16

RONNYNS

92%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RONNYNS
Accepted Solution

RONNYNS wrote:

LeeRoye wrote:

I cant help but laugh at the things people moan about these days. The warnings on screen for what, 5 seconds max. You can tell these people were not around in the days of loading games from cassettes ;)

i was there and i hate that warning... now we have this warning at the start of the ps3, then you get the same warning when you loadup a game... its in the games manuals and ps3 manual forgodsake. so what the hell...and we have no choice to turn it off, that should be in the options...  this is just bs from sony.

It's not bs, it's simply Sony trying to prevent themselves from being sued by someone who spends too long gaming without breaks and then develops Epilepsy.

I you want to blame anyone, blame the over the top compensation culture which plagues the world today

i know but why not include an option to turn it of after you have read it... they have covered their butt for suing when you see it once. you get this message infront of every sony game to, and it is already been in the manual for years.. so they are well covered. this brings up another question, why dont microsoft do it with their xbox?.... do microsoft feel they dont need to do it, because it is in the manual and dont think their customers are stupid?. maybe you now understand that some people feel they are being offended, by this repetitive message abuse by sony.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
My PS3 career don't end in November 2013... Trey for life!
----
>>REMEMBER TO GIVE KUDOS IF YOU LIKE>>> Thumb up!
----

Beta Tester
/16

ytevo79

• Beta Tester
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ytevo79
Accepted Solution

Yeah so someone removes the warning. Has an epileptic fit. Mum decides to sue Sony over the fact the sign was disabled and didn't warn him, or the next person to use it that has never seen it before.. AWESOME IDEA! A removable warning sign :|

Why not remove road signs as well. We all know the speed limits..

Or the corrosive/irritant ones on various household liquids..

Lets just stop any kind of warnings and not give a fly rats about vulnerable people..

Stupidity, it just gets the better of some people :Shame:

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

FooFan73

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FooFan73
Accepted Solution

ytevo79 wrote:

Yeah so someone removes the warning. Has an epileptic fit. Mum decides to sue Sony over the fact the sign was disabled and didn't warn him, or the next person to use it that has never seen it before.. AWESOME IDEA! A removable warning sign :|

Why not remove road signs as well. We all know the speed limits..

Or the corrosive/irritant ones on various household liquids..

Lets just stop any kind of warnings and not give a fly rats about vulnerable people..

While you're about as subtle as a hand grenade you do make a valid retort towards RONNYNS :p

0 Kudos

Photobucket
Award Winner
/16

rancidpunk

• Award Winner
98%
13 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
rancidpunk
Accepted Solution
I quite like the warning, I've even tried to memorise it just in case. Alas though, I nearly always miss the chance to look at it during the brief few seconds it's actually there, in fact I'm not even sure I've managed to read it all yet. Dagnam you people who get annoyed by the warning, I envy your penchant for brief warning influenced consternation. Could you tell me what it says please?
0 Kudos

My flickr
Down with nested replies, bring back quoting
Award Winner
/16

T-e-X

• Award Winner
95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
T-e-X
Accepted Solution

what a load of **** ! ... the epilepsy warning / PSmove warning etc. are out of place and is killing a smooth visual and simple eco system. If i wanted a tutorial I would read the flippin manual or the ps3 could detect if I even own PSmove!

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

fenian

95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fenian
Accepted Solution

ytevo79 wrote:

I guess we better keep the warnings so, stupid people do stupid things without them.

0 Kudos

/16

LarasAider

90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LarasAider
Accepted Solution

I'm not bothered about a warning being in place to make people aware, but the PS3 one bothers me as it's universally placed onto the start-up screen rather than it being featured in games & films. I don't see how the menu could cos problems to epileptics unless they buy a dazzling theme or flashing wallpaper which I doubt. 

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
To Gaming... Always Faithful.

Error: Undergoing Maintenance
/16

RONNYNS

92%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RONNYNS
Accepted Solution

LeeRoye wrote:

I cant help but laugh at the things people moan about these days. The warnings on screen for what, 5 seconds max. You can tell these people were not around in the days of loading games from cassettes ;)

i was there and i hate that warning... now we have this warning at the start of the ps3, then you get the same warning when you loadup a game... its in the games manuals and ps3 manual forgodsake. so what the hell...and we have no choice to turn it off, that should be in the options...  this is just bs from sony.

0 Kudos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
My PS3 career don't end in November 2013... Trey for life!
----
>>REMEMBER TO GIVE KUDOS IF YOU LIKE>>> Thumb up!
----

/16

PlayerUMD

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PlayerUMD
Accepted Solution
LeeRoye, for your information I have cassette game consoles too, but this is just useless since I don't suffer from epilepsy or need a computer to tell me to be aware.

Stop trying to be a smartass.
0 Kudos

Next-Gen Console Picks: Nintendo Wii U & Sony PS4!
Award Winner
/16

Warren_Jeeves

• Award Winner
98%
15 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Warren_Jeeves
Accepted Solution
I worry what these people would be like if they actually had to face a real problem in life, what is the world coming to?
0 Kudos

/16

LeeRoye

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LeeRoye
Accepted Solution

PlayerUMD wrote:
LeeRoye, for your information I have cassette game consoles too, but this is just useless since I don't suffer from epilepsy or need a computer to tell me to be aware.

Whatever mate, the warning is on for 5 seconds, during which time the OS is loading anyway. I cant see the problem, if its all you have to moan about then you must lead a very privelidged life. 

0 Kudos

/16
68%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BettySwollocks92
Accepted Solution

LeeRoye wrote:

PlayerUMD wrote:

Whatever mate, the warning is on for 5 seconds, during which time the OS is loading anyway. I cant see the problem, if its all you have to moan about then you must lead a very privelidged life. 

or have no life at all :P

0 Kudos

I'm just a sweet transvestite from Transsexual, Transylvania
/16

Kogia_breviceps

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Kogia_breviceps
Accepted Solution

LeeRoye wrote:

I may be too late to do justice to your faulty assumptions, but feel I should point out that you should never laugh at others and especially not after you make such sweeping and incorrect judgements. Be a nicer person, accept that some people wish for a better world, a new hope, a land where we are all truly free equal and loved...... :Peace:

I owned a Commodore 64, I do not remember with any fondness the 45min plus loading times of cassettes, but being able to remember these things does not solely give one the right to 'complain', nor does it mean one shouldn't find room for improvement in things that have surpassed what was.

and Warren_Jeeves you may find your own life richer, fuller, maybe even happier, if you just learn to accept that whatever peoples state of being, or situations in life, they will always seek ways to improve that which surrounds them. It seems to be in our human nature and for the most part we probably wouldn't be writing this here on this web forum if this were not so. You could also benefit from the advice I so lovingly passed to LeeRoye above.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

LarasAider

90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LarasAider
Accepted Solution

I wonder whether they'll place the warning in DVD or BD players on start up. Why have they decided to input the warning solely on the PS3. Epileptic warnings should be mentioned when buying from the store and should be mentioned on anything where flashing images occur. This 'Universally Placed' warning can be mis-leading if the warning is not used as it was designed to do. 

"It's like sticking an eplileptic warning on the front door of my house".

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
To Gaming... Always Faithful.

Error: Undergoing Maintenance
Award Winner
/16

rancidpunk

• Award Winner
98%
13 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
rancidpunk
Accepted Solution

Kogia_breviceps wrote:

, accept that some people wish for a better world, a new hope, a land where we are all truly free equal and loved...... :Peace:

Indeed, the removal of the epilepsy warning will go a long way towards that as well I'm sure

0 Kudos

My flickr
Down with nested replies, bring back quoting
/16

Orbilator

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Orbilator
Accepted Solution

LeeRoye wrote:

mmm cassettes i had the first gen 128k spectrum ( befoore amstrad destroyed it) and rasputin took 12minutes to load lol. daley thompsons decathalon took 9 minutes and never ending story took 10 minutes aaaarrrrgggghhhhhh. still loved those games though....

0 Kudos

Games Assasins Creed 3: Rocksmith, Uncharted 3
PSN Games: all of them lol and a news uper slim ps3 mmm
MVP
/16

mont348

• MVP
98%
11 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mont348
Accepted Solution

I wonder if the very brief epilepsy warning boot-up has triggered epilepsy sufferers to have an attack of epilepsy. 

Great scott this is heavy even thinking of that possibility. 

0 Kudos

Nested replies sux what were they thinking?
Beta Tester
/16

TAKE-AWAY

• Beta Tester
96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TAKE-AWAY
Accepted Solution

PlayerUMD wrote:

Every time I boot up my PS3 this stupid warning comes up.

Not so stupid if you happen to have epilepsy.

0 Kudos

/16

thepdog

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
thepdog
Accepted Solution

Epilepsy warning is REALLY annoying. We should have the option of switching it off.

It's possible that people with weak hearts could get worked up playing PS and die too - or what about PS MOVE - a host of other possible pitfalls - like putting you back out playing Tiger Woods Golf.

Really annoying.

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel