By Logicintuwisdom

Logicintuwisdom

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Are you happy with the custromer service you're getting from Sony with regards to your PS3?

[ Edited ]
54 Replies 478 Views edited 24-05-2012

I chose to purchase the PS3 over the XBOX, because of the Blue Ray player; but above all, because it was supposed to have a BROWSER!

The parts that work on it connected to my CRT TV are fine - the Blue Ray Player works ok, but the PS3 doesn't work 100%, not because it has a fault (well as far as I know it doesn't have a fault - it's difficult to tell, because of Sony's anathema for providing comprehensive advisory/error messages, especially when the PS3 crashes), but because apparently it has secret limitations you only find out about once you've reached them - not whilst you're getting to them!

When trying to find out about these covert limitations, I then became exposed to the indifferent and smug customer services both on the phone & online, which I found perplexing because Sony is a Japanese company & I normally associate this race with thoroughness - what have been your experiences please?

Have you experienced their concept of SUPPORT which they seem to think means just FEEDBACK, not SOLUTIONS?!!!

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

Logicintuwisdom

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Logicintuwisdom
Accepted Solution
dannyjt wrote:It's Blu-Ray, not Blue Ray. For somebody who is critical of others mistakes, you sure make some pretty big smeg ups of your own.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Noooooooooooooooo! I didn't leave on an extra little old 'e' did I well there's only one thing for it then....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIaORknS1Dk
0 Kudos

Re: Are you happy with the custromer service you're getting from Sony with regards to your PS3?

/16

Muttykins

92%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Muttykins
Accepted Solution

Logicintuwisdom wrote:

I chose to purchase the PS3 over the XBOX, because of the Blue Ray player; but above all, because it was supposed to have a BROWSER!

The parts that work on it connected to my CRT TV are fine - the Blue Ray Player works ok, but the PS3 doesn't work 100%, not because it has a fault (well as far as I know it doesn't have a fault - it's difficult to tell, because of Sony's anathema for providing comprehensive advisory/error messages, especially when the PS3 crashes), but because apparently it has secret limitations you only find out about once you've reached them - not whilst you're getting to them!

When trying to find out about these covert limitations, I then became exposed to the indifferent and smug customer services both on the phone & online, which I found perplexing because Sony is a Japanese company & I normally associate this race with thoroughness - what have been your experiences please?

Have you experienced their concept of SUPPORT which they seem to think means just FEEDBACK, not SOLUTIONS?!!!

I think your problem is that customer services can't give you an answer when it relates to stupidity.

Blu-ray is a high definition source so running it on a crt tv will cause limitations if you can't figure that out then your an idiot.

Try using a dvd player for a crt tv problem solved.

0 Kudos

Re: Are you happy with the custromer service you're getting from Sony with regards to your PS3?

Award Winner
/16

Warren_Jeeves

• Award Winner
98%
15 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Warren_Jeeves
Accepted Solution
Yep, what sort of idiot would buy a "BLUE RAY" player when they don't have a HD TV and then complain?
0 Kudos

/16

Logicintuwisdom

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Logicintuwisdom
Accepted Solution
Warren_Jeeves wrote:
Yep, what sort of idiot would buy a "BLUE RAY" player when they don't have a HD TV and then complain?
Well as I've just explained to the last numpty - I can play dvd games and films on my BluE Ray player within my PS3 via my CRT TV, so what have you got to say to that genius?
0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

Warren_Jeeves

• Award Winner
98%
15 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Warren_Jeeves
Accepted Solution

Logicintuwisdom wrote:
Warren_Jeeves wrote:
Well as I've just explained to the last numpty - I can play dvd games and films on my BluE Ray player within my PS3 via my CRT TV, so what have you got to say to that genius?

Not much really (apart from what DVD games you  have for your PS3?) but like the last loser I was talking to today I shall say this......."No thanks, I don't want to go large for an extra 30p today"

Thank you for calling me a genius too, I'm thrilled.

0 Kudos

/16

Logicintuwisdom

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Logicintuwisdom
Accepted Solution
Warren_Jeeves wrote:
Logicintuwisdom wrote:
Warren_Jeeves wrote:Yep, what sort of idiot would buy a "BLUE RAY" player when they don't have a HD TV and then complain?Well as I've just explained to the last numpty - I can play dvd games and films on my BluE Ray player within my PS3 via my CRT TV, so what have you got to say to that genius?Not much really (apart from what DVD games you  have for your PS3?) but like the last loser I was talking to today I shall say this......."No thanks, I don't want to go large for an extra 30p today" Thank you for calling me a genius too, I'm thrilled.
If only people would speak in English!
0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

Warren_Jeeves

• Award Winner
98%
15 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Warren_Jeeves
Accepted Solution
Your hole is getting deeper youngster.
0 Kudos

/16

Logicintuwisdom

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Logicintuwisdom
Accepted Solution

Youngster?!

There was no quotation, so I'm not sure who you were referrring to - oh well never mind, I don't think we're on the same page (excuse the pun - we're at the top of this one though - bo bom)!

There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in, but they're only small and round, that's why the rain is thin!

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Award Winner
/16

Warren_Jeeves

• Award Winner
98%
15 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Warren_Jeeves
Accepted Solution
I was calling you youngster, youngster.
0 Kudos

/16

Strangesam

98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Strangesam
Accepted Solution

Logicintuwisdom wrote:

Youngster?!

There was no quotation, so I'm not sure who you were referrring to - oh well never mind, I don't think we're on the same page (excuse the pun - we're at the top of this one though - bo bom)!

There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in, but they're only small and round, that's why the rain is thin!

Why would you be posting if you did not know who he was referring to?

0 Kudos

/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

Ahhh bless him a CRT TV.

Why should sony include the cables you want?  Don't be tight by them, or a HD TV, or a PC then you post's will look normal.

Cables about £3

HD TV from about £80 (14" but still much better than CRT)

PC you can get cheap if you look in the right place.

Once on HD TV you will see how PS3 games high deff moves are meant to look.

As for the browser nah don't bother not worth the trubble tbh use a PC much better job

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
/16

Tribble6

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Tribble6
Accepted Solution

Logicintuwisdom wrote:
shanethegooner wrote:
Whydoyouquotelikethis?
As I have explained at least a trillion times before - I don't own a PC/laptop...

To get perfect results in PS3 browser, on resolutions below 1080i/p; after clicking Quote button, switch to HTML view (click tab) and if you're entering more than one paragraph, "tag" paragraph by putting <p> at start and </p> at end, plus line break (for your readability). Also, you'll need to separate each paragraph with blank paragraph, <p>&nbsp;</p>.

The PS3's handy auto complete feature will help you as it remembers HTML tags and entities (e.g. &amp; for &, &lt; for < and &gt; for > ) you enter.

Entered using PS3 browser with 480p resolution :smileyhappy:.

P.S. To avoid tears, copy HTML to clipboard before posting.
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

ThinkPad T61 (2GB / 2.4GhZ dual core),
PS3 (256MB), PS2 (32MB), PS1 (2MB)
Commodore Amiga (512k), Amstrad PC-1512 (512k --> 640k + Nec-v30),
Atari 800XL (64k), Atari 400 (16k), Commodore Vic-20 (3.5k).

The PlayStation 3 Internet Browser Thread
/16

Logicintuwisdom

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Logicintuwisdom
Accepted Solution

Muttykins wrote:

Amongst a load of unnecessary rudness at least one interesting statement:-

"Try using a dvd player for a crt tv problem solved.!

The trouble with the above statement, is like with most cases I've experienced with people who possess tech knowledge - a condescending assumption of knowledge - i.e. it might have been nice if you would have taken less time with the insults and more time on not assuming I have the same knowledge as you have and explaining this last statement a bit more!

By the way I have no problem playing games or watching BluE Ray films on my PS3 - so I'm not convinced this is where the problems lies, but I'm not above being educated - are you?

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel