Reply
Want to join in?

Sign in to continue

I have a PSN account

Welcome back!

I'm new!

it only takes a minute or two

  • 9

    New messages in the last hour

  • Get a response within minutes

  • 92%

    92% percent of messages responded to

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
14 Nov 2011
By ZiggyBoo1975

ZiggyBoo1975

  • Offline
84%
02 Rank
Progress

BF3 vs MW3 : The worst hyped battle!

21 Replies 825 Views Created 14-11-2011
14 Nov 2011
By ZiggyBoo1975
We heard it for months, read it all the magazines etc, Battlefield 3 will topple Modern Warfare, their graphics engine is dated etc & blah blah blah! I'm just talking about the campaigns as I've got internet problems at the moment but BF3 is not a good campaign! Its not bad, its not Homefront or anything & a couple of levels were really good but it just wasn't that exciting. I'd go as far to say that I preferred BFBC2s campaign more! Graphics were good as well as sound. Now on to MW3, after playing the opening level it was obvious that it was seriously intense, really enjoyable, graphics & sound were ace & nothing in BF3s campaign was as good as this! I'm no fan boy of either game, I loved BFBC2 over MW2 any day but loved COD4 the best! No doubt I'll really enjoy both new games multiplayer modes equally but I'm getting sick of this hype for the big game face offs! EA you have also got to get a decent story! I know some people just live for multiplayer but I wouldn't buy Uncharted 4 without single player!
Reply
0 Kudos
Reply
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
06
/16

JOHNY--BRAVO

  • Offline
89%
06 Rank
Progress
JOHNY--BRAVO
Accepted Solution
both games were hyped and both suffer with their own annoying online problems, unfortunately neither of the games have performed as players expected them too and no doubt purchasers are waiting patiently for the developers to patch and fix their games, both are purchased like you say for mainly online play and it would have been good for either of the developers to deliver non problematic online gameplay, i just guess we sit back and wait for the fixes and hopefully they will eventually deliver
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: BF3 vs MW3 : The worst hyped battle!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
06
/16

nx13

  • Offline
99%
06 Rank
Progress
nx13
Accepted Solution
I DONT UNDERSTAND THIS ' COD IS GOOD CAMPAIGN'.

It has okay gameplay, if your not on veteran then it has a boring endless amount of mobs rolling in to fight you so you have to throw tactics out the window.

It has a plain overdramatic story which most multiplayer based FPS seem to suffer from ' terrorist steals/wants to blow ***** up, need to stop em by using American might!'.

It has annoying collectables ( I HATE COLLECTABLES :( )

Really, when reviewing both games, singleplayers should be scrapped, cause no-one will be putting more than 12 hours ( at very very max) into singleplayer, whilst they can easily put 20 days into multiplayer.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: BF3 vs MW3 : The worst hyped battle!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
06
/16

ArsenalMark

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
95%
06 Rank
Progress
ArsenalMark
Accepted Solution

Both [and almost every single FPS released now] of them single player campaigns are a waste of time and shouldn't even be there, they should just concentrate on multiplayer rather than making 3 hours of linear corridor shooting broken up by the occasional linear turret section.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: BF3 vs MW3 : The worst hyped battle!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

IrishViper1

  • Offline
96%
05 Rank
Progress
IrishViper1
Accepted Solution

The campaign in MW3 is better than the campaign in BF3 but most people purchase COD games for the MP and this time around the MP is the worst I've ever seen it just reminds me of Haze,on the other hand the MP in BF3 is so far ahead of the MP in MW3 it's shocking.

So in my view DICE and EA have indeed toppled the COD franchise from their pearch you haven't seen DICE or EA asking people to go to sites and up the rating score for BF3 MP reason being it's good it's very good .

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: BF3 vs MW3 : The worst hyped battle!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

Shaggy2000

  • Offline
84%
02 Rank
Progress
Shaggy2000
Accepted Solution

I havent got MW3 (and I wont get it after all the cheating on MW2) but all I know is that when MW3 got released, loads of people were playing it on the Tuesday and Wednesday night, however those people have seemed to move onot other games (Skyrim mostly)

 

I dont remember that happening with MW2, that game was played by the majority of my friends for weeks on end.

 

Personally form what I've played of BF3, the single player is average at best, pretty too look at but very little substance.  The multiplayer though is another story, the maps are HUGE with scope for squads of players to act as a team.  Last night I was in a squad with three of my mates all playing different roles and all playing to their roles strenghts.  Our sniper was spotting targets, our engineer was acting as anti air, our medic was healing and reviving and I acted as artillery with the mortar.  We held two respawn spots by ourselves and won the match easilly.

 

That is something you just dont get in modern warfare games, or for that matter CoD games in general.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: BF3 vs MW3 : The worst hyped battle!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

BigMoab

  • Offline
88%
05 Rank
Progress
BigMoab
Accepted Solution

Yeah, people on my friends list seem to play MW3 for a couple of hours and move on to another game for the next 2 days, games like GT5, Skyrim, Uncharted 3 and DCUO. I liked the BF3 campaign but the multiplayer is even better and people on my friends list have MW3 but they play BF3 a lot more....MW3 is good for the singleplayer but multiplayer, not so much, I have MW2 and Black Ops to play multiplayer lol.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: BF3 vs MW3 : The worst hyped battle!

 photo C-47DakotaSig1_zpsfa53741c.jpg

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
05
/16

T-e-X

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
95%
05 Rank
Progress
T-e-X
Accepted Solution
Comparing #MW3 to #BF3 is just as silly as comparing #Forza3/4 to #GT5
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: BF3 vs MW3 : The worst hyped battle!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
02
/16

mrrobo

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
84%
02 Rank
Progress
mrrobo
Accepted Solution

I got a copy of mw3 but put it on ebay 2 days later same old ####.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: BF3 vs MW3 : The worst hyped battle!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

The-Sea-Trout

  • Offline
88%
02 Rank
Progress
The-Sea-Trout
Accepted Solution

Im really enjoying both games.

 

I havent completed BF3 yet but the MW3 campaign is excellent, the best one for a Call of Duty yet IMO.

 

When it comes to the online I probably do enjoy BF3 more than MW3 but to be honest I think they both rock.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: BF3 vs MW3 : The worst hyped battle!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
06
/16

ArsenalMark

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
95%
06 Rank
Progress
ArsenalMark
Accepted Solution

T-e-X wrote:
Comparing #MW3 to #BF3 is just as silly as comparing #Forza3/4 to #GT5

How is that silly?

 

"Comparing FPS to FPS is just as silly as comparing Racing Simulator to Racing Simulator"

 

And why are you using hashtags on forums? This isn't twitter.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: BF3 vs MW3 : The worst hyped battle!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

BigMoab

  • Offline
88%
05 Rank
Progress
BigMoab
Accepted Solution

ArsenalMark wrote:

T-e-X wrote:
Comparing #MW3 to #BF3 is just as silly as comparing #Forza3/4 to #GT5

How is that silly?

 

"Comparing FPS to FPS is just as silly as comparing Racing Simulator to Racing Simulator"

 

And why are you using hashtags on forums? This isn't twitter.



They shouldn't be compared really, BF3 has different gameplay to what MW3 does, or atleast it should.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: BF3 vs MW3 : The worst hyped battle!

 photo C-47DakotaSig1_zpsfa53741c.jpg

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
09
/16

stme

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
99%
09 Rank
Progress
stme
Accepted Solution

Always think COD games are hyped up.  In general big games are.  By the time you get to play them you end up disappointed 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: BF3 vs MW3 : The worst hyped battle!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
06
/16

ArsenalMark

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
95%
06 Rank
Progress
ArsenalMark
Accepted Solution

BigMoab wrote:

ArsenalMark wrote:

T-e-X wrote:
Comparing #MW3 to #BF3 is just as silly as comparing #Forza3/4 to #GT5

How is that silly?

 

"Comparing FPS to FPS is just as silly as comparing Racing Simulator to Racing Simulator"

 

And why are you using hashtags on forums? This isn't twitter.



They shouldn't be compared really, BF3 has different gameplay to what MW3 does, or atleast it should.


Last I checked aslong as they're in the same genre they can be compared, especially when released right next to each other.

 

Skyrim and Dragon Age could be compared, both RPGs, just because one is third person and one is first person and both have slightly different gameplay styles doesn't mean they can't be compared.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: BF3 vs MW3 : The worst hyped battle!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

ZiggyBoo1975

  • Offline
84%
02 Rank
Progress
ZiggyBoo1975
Accepted Solution
I wouldn't like to think they would abandon single player campaigns in FPSs! COD4, Resistance 3 etc show how much fun you can have aside from multiplayer!
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: BF3 vs MW3 : The worst hyped battle!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

BigMoab

  • Offline
88%
05 Rank
Progress
BigMoab
Accepted Solution

ArsenalMark wrote:

BigMoab wrote:

ArsenalMark wrote:

T-e-X wrote:
Comparing #MW3 to #BF3 is just as silly as comparing #Forza3/4 to #GT5

How is that silly?

 

"Comparing FPS to FPS is just as silly as comparing Racing Simulator to Racing Simulator"

 

And why are you using hashtags on forums? This isn't twitter.



They shouldn't be compared really, BF3 has different gameplay to what MW3 does, or atleast it should.


Last I checked aslong as they're in the same genre they can be compared, especially when released right next to each other.

 

Skyrim and Dragon Age could be compared, both RPGs, just because one is third person and one is first person and both have slightly different gameplay styles doesn't mean they can't be compared.



MW3 and BF3 are played totally differently. MW3 is all about the rush in and kill, BF3 is more of a team work based game where you sometimes have to stop and think. MW3 is more arcade compared to BF3 and includes vehicles as well so they can't really be compared at all really.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: BF3 vs MW3 : The worst hyped battle!

 photo C-47DakotaSig1_zpsfa53741c.jpg

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

DC3893

  • Offline
26%
02 Rank
Progress
DC3893
Accepted Solution

BigMoab wrote:

ArsenalMark wrote:

BigMoab wrote:

ArsenalMark wrote:

T-e-X wrote:
Comparing #MW3 to #BF3 is just as silly as comparing #Forza3/4 to #GT5

How is that silly?

 

"Comparing FPS to FPS is just as silly as comparing Racing Simulator to Racing Simulator"

 

And why are you using hashtags on forums? This isn't twitter.



They shouldn't be compared really, BF3 has different gameplay to what MW3 does, or atleast it should.


Last I checked aslong as they're in the same genre they can be compared, especially when released right next to each other.

 

Skyrim and Dragon Age could be compared, both RPGs, just because one is third person and one is first person and both have slightly different gameplay styles doesn't mean they can't be compared.



MW3 and BF3 are played totally differently. MW3 is all about the rush in and kill, BF3 is more of a team work based game where you sometimes have to stop and think. MW3 is more arcade compared to BF3 and includes vehicles as well so they can't really be compared at all really.


 

 

I don't care how old this thread is, I feel the need to reply.

 

I'm sick of people claiming how BF3 is this game that requires thought... and if does require you to think that much - you probably aren't too bright.They're both shallow FPS games that require minimal thinking. And BF3 is just as much of a bumrush as MW3 - if anything, it's moreso. Vehicles, more explosives, more people [PC]. 

 

I mean ... CQ is probably the most intellectually demanding game mode. It's so mentally draining trying to figure out what your enemy is going to do next ...

 

Military FPS with respawn. They're very much alike, except one has vehicles and one doesn't. OHMAHGAWD! EESO  DIFF'RENT! 

 

They're both overhyped games that are showered with praise for their multiplayer, but both games are constantly plagued with online issues.

 

And considering that voice communication is non-existent on PS3... there's not much teamwork. It does amaze me how many morons I run into on the PS3 though. You sit there wondering if they're just completely retarded, or they can't function because they just smoked a joint.

 

So, yes, they can easily be compared. Don't even try to make the argument that they can't. You'll just look stupid.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: BF3 vs MW3 : The worst hyped battle!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

Robinexenberger

  • Offline
84%
02 Rank
Progress
Robinexenberger
Accepted Solution
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: BF3 vs MW3 : The worst hyped battle!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
05
/16

T-e-X

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
95%
05 Rank
Progress
T-e-X
Accepted Solution

DC3893 wrote:

BigMoab wrote:

ArsenalMark wrote:

BigMoab wrote:

ArsenalMark wrote:

T-e-X wrote:
Comparing #MW3 to #BF3 is just as silly as comparing #Forza3/4 to #GT5

How is that silly?

 

"Comparing FPS to FPS is just as silly as comparing Racing Simulator to Racing Simulator"

 

And why are you using hashtags on forums? This isn't twitter.



They shouldn't be compared really, BF3 has different gameplay to what MW3 does, or atleast it should.


Last I checked aslong as they're in the same genre they can be compared, especially when released right next to each other.

 

Skyrim and Dragon Age could be compared, both RPGs, just because one is third person and one is first person and both have slightly different gameplay styles doesn't mean they can't be compared.



MW3 and BF3 are played totally differently. MW3 is all about the rush in and kill, BF3 is more of a team work based game where you sometimes have to stop and think. MW3 is more arcade compared to BF3 and includes vehicles as well so they can't really be compared at all really.


 

 

I don't care how old this thread is, I feel the need to reply.

 

I'm sick of people claiming how BF3 is this game that requires thought... and if does require you to think that much - you probably aren't too bright.They're both shallow FPS games that require minimal thinking. And BF3 is just as much of a bumrush as MW3 - if anything, it's moreso. Vehicles, more explosives, more people [PC]. 

 

I mean ... CQ is probably the most intellectually demanding game mode. It's so mentally draining trying to figure out what your enemy is going to do next ...

 

Military FPS with respawn. They're very much alike, except one has vehicles and one doesn't. OHMAHGAWD! EESO  DIFF'RENT! 

 

They're both overhyped games that are showered with praise for their multiplayer, but both games are constantly plagued with online issues.

 

And considering that voice communication is non-existent on PS3... there's not much teamwork. It does amaze me how many morons I run into on the PS3 though. You sit there wondering if they're just completely retarded, or they can't function because they just smoked a joint.

 

So, yes, they can easily be compared. Don't even try to make the argument that they can't. You'll just look stupid.


 

yawn #Arcade FPS Vs #FPS .... end of story godnight

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: BF3 vs MW3 : The worst hyped battle!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
05
/16

T-e-X

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
95%
05 Rank
Progress
T-e-X
Accepted Solution

ArsenalMark wrote:

T-e-X wrote:
Comparing #MW3 to #BF3 is just as silly as comparing #Forza3/4 to #GT5

How is that silly?

 

"Comparing FPS to FPS is just as silly as comparing Racing Simulator to Racing Simulator"

 

And why are you using hashtags on forums? This isn't twitter.



Let me break it down for you #Arcade FPS Vs #FPS / #Arcade racing game Vs #Racing Simulator.  #####

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: BF3 vs MW3 : The worst hyped battle!

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
13
/16

Jacko_the_lad

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
99%
13 Rank
Progress
Jacko_the_lad
Accepted Solution
I don't even know why this war exists.

It's so obvious that BF3 is the better game and anyone who thinks otherwise is completely stupid.

:P
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: BF3 vs MW3 : The worst hyped battle!

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel