93%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Cheapest in-Store PS3 Games?

17 Replies 580 Views Created 08-03-2007
What shop can I go into and buy PS3 games for £40? I know websites like HMV have them for £40 but will they sell them for that much in store or online only?
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

madgamerze

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
madgamerze
Accepted Solution
the RRP of PS3 games is £39.99, so it should be £39.99 everywhere
0 Kudos

Re: Cheapest in-Store PS3 Games?

/16

[Bob_Smith]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[Bob_Smith]
Accepted Solution
the RRP of PS3 games is £39.99, so it should be £39.99 everywhere

That only applies to first part games. Gameplay have dropped the third party prices to the same , at least most of them.

VF5 still costs £49.99
0 Kudos

/16

V8_Vantage

93%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
V8_Vantage
Accepted Solution
Thanks, I thought the RRP was £49.99 like what the 360 titles were at launch.
0 Kudos

/16

JohnnyCullenBUP

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JohnnyCullenBUP
Accepted Solution
All first party titles (Sony games that are developer/published) are £39.99. All 3rd party titles (Non Sony games that developer/published) is £49.99.
0 Kudos

/16

madgamerze

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
madgamerze
Accepted Solution
Has the RRP of 3rd party games been confirmed?
0 Kudos

/16

[SuthoEFC89]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[SuthoEFC89]
Accepted Solution
Just buy the third party games of the internet, some websites have them for £40 and then buy the others instore
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution
Not realy likely. Shops Know that Parents/students will just pick up games of the shelf no matter what price the games are. The real console owners will shop around for the cheapest price. Past shopping exprence shows that these shops Virgin. Woolworths. Whsmiths, Dixons chain stores and Comet, are the most expensive for just launched games. This has the side effect of forcing the Sale/Discount clearance to arrive earlyer as they have massive stock to clear. (if they stopped over pricing they wont need to do this.) next up are the shops that actualy do try to compete with prices. These do have special price drops, HMV, ARGOS (check the instore price not the cataloge), GAME, Gamestation and supermarkets Tesco and Asda . Edit: If the game has no Online content, You can get even more money of by buying the American version online. $1.89=£1
0 Kudos

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester.

I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to youtube
Free Plex app for PS4 AND PS3 out now...

Black screen on PC remote play showing up as windows GPU driver miss match, visit Intell, AMD, Nvidia to change your driver, downgrade of GPU driver may be required.
/16

Yt7

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Yt7
Accepted Solution
Asda/ Tesco you will prob save about 12p with it being 39.87 or somat.

ChoicesUK online are selling 1st party games for £36.99 so I don't know what their stores will be selling at. Avoid WH Smith, Dixons Currys etc.

Maybe Argos? or Game?
0 Kudos

/16

V8_Vantage

93%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
V8_Vantage
Accepted Solution
Asda/ Tesco you will prob save about 12p with it being 39.87 or somat.

ChoicesUK online are selling 1st party games for £36.99 so I don't know what their stores will be selling at. Avoid WH Smith, Dixons Currys etc.

Maybe Argos? or Game?

Asda and Tescos usually are good for game, I totally forgot about them.
0 Kudos

/16

Resistance100

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Resistance100
Accepted Solution
Has the RRP of 3rd party games been confirmed?

its up to the developers to decide how much they charge :gr8:
0 Kudos

Follow Me on Twitter

/16

[JPage]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[JPage]
Accepted Solution
Gameplay are consistently awesome. Not the cheapest, but not far off, and you'll always get your stuff on time.

Offline it has to be supermarkets generally.
0 Kudos

/16

[pigfister]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[pigfister]
Accepted Solution
amazon .com, import from the usa. MotorStorm brand new Amazon Shop $59.99 = £30.50 Cheapest New $50.17 = £25.97 *edit* shipping scammer will find another example!!! http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000JLIYLC/ref=dp_olp_2/102-7895908-2959350?ie=UTF8&qid=11734... http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/102-7895908-2959350?ie=UTF8&nodeId=596194 Standard International Shipping CDs, DVDs, music cassettes, VHS videotapes, vinyl Per Shipment $4.49 = £2.32 Per Item $2.49 = £1.28 so £26 + 1.28 = 27.28 + import fees if applicable = £27.82 atm! standard shipping to the uk has never been more than 10 days in my experience. AMAZON USUALLY MID PRICED TO IMPORT FROM THERE ARM MANY COMPANIES CHEAPER FOR FILMS AND GAMES!
0 Kudos

/16

Yt7

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Yt7
Accepted Solution
add £10 import fees to be honest, its a dear game. I would stick to UK to be honest, I'd rather pay an extra couple of pound if I have to.
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution
Videogamesplus.ca, no import fees. but you have to pay postage. American games with American English + a few japan versions yesasia.com, no imports fees, no postage charge at all. as its allready included in the price. Every version of any PS3 game that has been released including JAPAN versions. The only reason to Buy an over priced UK version of a game, is If the game is online with a local server only. BUT I made that big because as people Know just because America and japan have a lag free service doesn't mean the European PSN service will be as good. (we are still only getting the left over scraps again)
0 Kudos

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester.

I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to youtube
Free Plex app for PS4 AND PS3 out now...

Black screen on PC remote play showing up as windows GPU driver miss match, visit Intell, AMD, Nvidia to change your driver, downgrade of GPU driver may be required.
/16

[pigfister]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[pigfister]
Accepted Solution
add £10 import fees to be honest, its a dear game. I would stick to UK to be honest, I'd rather pay an extra couple of pound if I have to. it was $9 about 4.50 not £10 but thats why i said import scammer but it still worked out cheaper as did the amazon.com deal. import duty is not that much and has always worked out cheaper than anywhere in the uk but you have to wait a week or two for your game. Videogamesplus.ca, no import fees. but you have to pay postage. American games with American English + a few japan versions yesasia.com, no imports fees, no postage charge at all. as its allready included in the price. Every version of any PS3 game that has been released including JAPAN versions. The only reason to Buy an over priced UK version of a game, is If the game is online with a local server only. BUT I made that big because as people Know just because America and japan have a lag free service doesn't mean the European PSN service will be as good. (we are still only getting the left over scraps again) i use yesasia.com they have fast great service and mid to low price as well but uk kids haven't a clue about imports, they all think import tax is £20 on top as is portrayed in the media so its futile posting on this forum, they need a +21 area only as the sony pr will be in here going noob and such like! update from yesasia.com sony are blocking imports from them!
0 Kudos

/16

Yt7

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Yt7
Accepted Solution
Import duty varies from item to item trust me, they tell you how much it is to get your item, you have to pay it. We are 2 weeks to launch and prices are looking really competitive, I'm not going to risk importing to save myself £5 or so.
0 Kudos

/16

badboysouter

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
badboysouter
Accepted Solution
some games that are getting released i.e NFS carbon will be selling for £49.99 but games lyk motorstorm and RFOM will be £39.99
0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel