68%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Clock changes

22 Replies 501 Views Created 25-03-2012
When the clocks go forward or backwards, is there a setting so that the playstation clock changes automatically, or do we have to do it manually with each change?
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Beta Tester
/16

McNeilio

• Beta Tester
95%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
McNeilio
Accepted Solution
daylight saving
0 Kudos

Re: Clock changes

Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956
/16

LarasAider

90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LarasAider
Accepted Solution

For some apparent reason, the PS3 still doesn't do any thing automatically, so you'll have to select Daylight saving in the Time and Date settings: XMB, but you might want to configure with the internet just to make sure it's the correct time.

*Automatic time function doesn't work* it needs fixing.  It's the function that's supposed to keep your PS3 at the correct time automatically, but the PS3 didn't change daylight saving settings nor does it keep the correct time; as the PS3 clock still remains a few minutes slow.

0 Kudos

To Gaming... Always Faithful.

Error: Undergoing Maintenance
Award Winner
/16

shanethegooner

• Award Winner
95%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
shanethegooner
Accepted Solution

:D

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

McNeilio

• Beta Tester
95%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
McNeilio
Accepted Solution
^^^^^ :):) ^^^^
0 Kudos

Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956
/16

jfontyman

94%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jfontyman
Accepted Solution

Oh No!!!!!!!!

Quick everybody hide before the class action lobbyists come.........

:Peace:

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
MVP
/16

mont348

• MVP
97%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mont348
Accepted Solution

LarasAider wrote:

For some apparent reason, the PS3 still doesn't do any thing automatically, so you'll have to select Daylight saving in the Time and Date settings: XMB, but you might want to configure with the internet just to make sure it's the correct time.

*Automatic time function doesn't work* it needs fixing.  It's the function that's supposed to keep your PS3 at the correct time automatically, but the PS3 didn't change daylight saving settings nor does it keep the correct time; as the PS3 clock still remains a few minutes slow.

The automatic time update added in FW 4.10 does work it needs enabling in time and date settings upon signing in the time and date is syncronised daylight saving option still needs toggling but not many countries mess about with it anyway just us brits, aussie's and a few others.

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

shanethegooner

• Award Winner
95%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
shanethegooner
Accepted Solution

mont348 wrote:

LarasAider wrote:

The automatic time update added in FW 4.10 does work it needs enabling in time and date settings upon signing in the time and date is syncronised daylight saving option still needs toggling but not many countries mess about with it anyway just us brits, aussie's and a few others.

Yeah, not many countries. Just about half the world. 

0 Kudos

/16

JOHNY--BRAVO

89%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JOHNY--BRAVO
Accepted Solution
well its never worked since the ps3 release and it failed to change automatically yet again, on the other hand my grandmother mentioned yesterday that the uk is doing away with putting clocks forward / back, is this right? or is she imagining things? i take what she says these days with a pinch of salt
0 Kudos

/16

frodouk

94%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
frodouk
Accepted Solution
It will never stop. Half the world do it.
0 Kudos

/16

Mikal_Drey

96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mikal_Drey
Accepted Solution

JOHNY--BRAVO wrote:
well its never worked since the ps3 release and it failed to change automatically yet again, on the other hand my grandmother mentioned yesterday that the uk is doing away with putting clocks forward / back, is this right? or is she imagining things? i take what she says these days with a pinch of salt

JOHNY--BRAVO wrote:

go to the shops and buy her some flowers.  you owe her an apology :)  (sorta)

Last weekend, the clocks went back in the UK, reigniting the debate over British Summer Time. The Government are considering a three-year trial of a new system, aimed at providing lighter evenings, which would see the UK adopt Central European Time. In other words, clocks would be set to what is now BST in winter time and a new 'double summer time' would be introduced.

Sauce

The Government is ready to back plans for clocks in the UK to go forward by one hour all year round, but only if Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland agree to the change, it was announced today.

Prime Minister David Cameron said he is “interested” in the issue, but believes it can only happen if all parts of the UK are content with the change.

Ministers will support a Private Member’s Bill which would pave the way for moving the UK in line with Central European Time (CET) for a trial period of three years.

But they are tabling amendments to the Daylight Savings Bill requiring consultation with the devolved authorities in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Any “clear opposition” would mean the plans were dropped.

Moving to CET would mean lighter winter evenings, which supporters claim would cut road deaths, boost tourism and reduced energy use.

Moar Sauce

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

Kermit1970

• Award Winner
100%
16 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Kermit1970
Accepted Solution
IIRC this was tried in the 70s and didn't work so was changed back
0 Kudos

/16

metallicorphan

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
metallicorphan
Accepted Solution

yeah my PS3 has been an hour fast forever because eveytime i change it,it always manages to go back to an hour fast some how,not been on actually since the clocks went forward so i will see what time it says later

0 Kudos

FF14:ARR-Mancunian Metal

/16

guyinatux

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
guyinatux
Accepted Solution
If you go to the Time and Date settings>Daylight Saving>Daylight Saving then set your clock with internet time it should be OK.
I think the problem is that you need to toggle the daylights savings option to standard, it doesnt do that automatically.
0 Kudos

/16

JOHNY--BRAVO

89%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JOHNY--BRAVO
Accepted Solution

thanks for that info, i actually thought she had made it up, much appreciated.

0 Kudos

/16

SickMick_UK

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SickMick_UK
Accepted Solution
Yeah just need to enable Daylight Saving which I don't think Sony can do automatically.
0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

fski

• Award Winner
97%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fski
Accepted Solution

Kermit1970 wrote:
IIRC this was tried in the 70s and didn't work so was changed back

That's right, from the late 60's until the early 70's it was changed to 'British Standard Time' but it caused some problems for the Jocks and was scrapped.

0 Kudos

/16

guyinatux

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
guyinatux
Accepted Solution
So its our fault then eh fski ?
Just kidding, it seems a daft idea but it stops people goin to work an kids goin to school in the pitch black come winter.
0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

fski

• Award Winner
97%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fski
Accepted Solution

guyinatux wrote:
So its our fault then eh fski ?
Just kidding, it seems a daft idea but it stops people goin to work an kids goin to school in the pitch black come winter.

:p

I think that was the problem with Ecosse, it meant kids in Northern Scotland ended up going to school and going home in inky darkness. I think...not sure...

0 Kudos

/16

Mikal_Drey

96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mikal_Drey
Accepted Solution

thats exactly whats preventing it.

yes it would mean less road deaths etc but the long term and country wide implications are that certain parts of the country suffer worse than others. 

there is a map floating about somehwere (produced att ime of initial announcement) where it showed the hours of darkenss around the country.

remember that this is an ALL year round change.  

interesting read : http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201011/cmselect/cmenergy/writev/562/m05.htm

sunrise/sunset calculator : http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=136&month=3&year=2012&obj=sun&afl=-11&day=1

I doubt the law will get passed.

0 Kudos

/16

guyinatux

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
guyinatux