Reply
Want to join in?

Sign in to continue

I have a PSN account

Welcome back!

I'm new!

it only takes a minute or two

  • 117

    New messages in the last hour

  • Get a response within minutes

  • 92%

    92% percent of messages responded to

23 Jan 2011
By Im_und3ad_

Im_und3ad_

  • Offline
64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Crysis 2 MultiPlayer Demo

19 Replies 960 Views Created 23-01-2011

Heard that crysis 2 mp demo is commig tommorw (24th january)?

is it true or ?

Reply
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Award Winner
05
/16

T-e-X

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
T-e-X
Accepted Solution

only on xbox 25th

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Crysis 2 MultiPlayer Demo

[ Edited ]
02
/16

PlayerUMD

  • Offline
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PlayerUMD
Accepted Solution

T-e-x, you should be more specified.

 

On Xbox 360 for Xbox LIVE Gold members.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Crysis 2 MultiPlayer Demo

Next-Gen Console Picks: Nintendo Wii U & Sony PS4!
Award Winner
05
/16

James91

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
94%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
James91
Accepted Solution

PlayerUMD wrote:

T-e-x, you should be more specified.

 

On Xbox 360 for Xbox LIVE Gold members.


:|
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Crysis 2 MultiPlayer Demo

Award Winner
05
/16

T-e-X

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
T-e-X
Accepted Solution

 


PlayerUMD wrote:

T-e-x, you should be more specified.

 

On Xbox 360 for Xbox LIVE Gold members.


 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Crysis 2 MultiPlayer Demo

02
/16

Sick_Sorry

  • Offline
60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Sick_Sorry
Accepted Solution

This is Punishment for trading my my 360 and Kinect for a PS3. haha. Typical.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Crysis 2 MultiPlayer Demo

Award Winner
05
/16

T-e-X

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
T-e-X
Accepted Solution

 


Sick_Sorry wrote:

This is Punishment for trading my my 360 and Kinect for a PS3. haha. Typical.


 

how can a no Demo access be Punishment?

 

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/War-Shoot-Em-Ups-General/Crysis-2-Screenshots-Built-to-max-ou...

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Crysis 2 MultiPlayer Demo

Beta Tester
10
/16

ytevo79

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ytevo79
Accepted Solution
How specific do you need to be on the Official PlayStation Forums? :|
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Crysis 2 MultiPlayer Demo

03
/16

RossMcManus

  • Offline
78%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RossMcManus
Accepted Solution

I find it weird how we haven't seen any footage from the PS3 version and now we don't get a demo for it before release. Was going to be a day one purchase but I think I will wait now.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Crysis 2 MultiPlayer Demo

Beta Tester
05
/16

BAZ1307

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
89%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BAZ1307
Accepted Solution
I was also going to buy this game near release, but considering we haven't seen any PS3 footage at all as well as the 360 getting the demo exclusively, I'm going to give the game a miss.

I would imagine that the PS3 version is going to look like a crap 360 port, then the online servers will be messed up on PS3 and Microsoft will pay Crytek for exclusive 360 DLC. The Demo would have at least made me consider buying the game, but with Crytek's attitude towards the PS3 edition, they can stuff right off.

You know, I once thought Crytek were great devs, but now I'd say they're part of the scum of the gaming industry along with Activision.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Crysis 2 MultiPlayer Demo

Beta Tester
10
/16

ytevo79

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ytevo79
Accepted Solution
Never played the original Crysis so why anyone would expect me to skip the original and jump straight into a sequel I don't know?

It's like watching Saw 2 and totally ignoring the first film. ''who's he? what's his name?'' etc.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Crysis 2 MultiPlayer Demo

Award Winner
05
/16

T-e-X

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
T-e-X
Accepted Solution

He revealed to Steinman that the footage shown, i.e the dynamic lighting, explosions, environments were generated on the PS3, and not on a PC like most of us would presume.

Furthermore, after seeing the footage in front of him, Steinman concluded that the game looked better than ‘almost’ anything he had ever seen on a PS3.

 

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4DOtCxSJvg&NR=1

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvQNhVwEOyI&feature=related

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Crysis 2 MultiPlayer Demo

[ Edited ]
Award Winner
05
/16

James91

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
94%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
James91
Accepted Solution

 


BAZ1307 wrote:
You know, I once thought Crytek were great devs, but now I'd say they're part of the scum of the gaming industry along with Activision.

Because they put a demo on only the Xbox? I'll admit it wasn't a smart move but it hardly makes them "scum."

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Crysis 2 MultiPlayer Demo

Beta Tester
10
/16

ytevo79

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ytevo79
Accepted Solution
Aren't demos up to Sony as well? It takes 2 to Tango no?
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Crysis 2 MultiPlayer Demo

Beta Tester
05
/16

BAZ1307

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
89%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BAZ1307
Accepted Solution

James91 wrote:

 


BAZ1307 wrote:
You know, I once thought Crytek were great devs, but now I'd say they're part of the scum of the gaming industry along with Activision.

Because they put a demo on only the Xbox? I'll admit it wasn't a smart move but it hardly makes them "scum."

 


Fair enough, maybe I went over the top by calling them scum. I'm just annoyed that they, Microsoft, or possibly even EA have chose to release the demo on the 360 only.

To be fair, it should be the PC that gets the exclusive Demo since they're the ones who made Crysis as popular as it is today. Wasn't the 360 version supposed to be graphically the worst version of the bunch? I just don't understand why the Demo is exclusive to one platform in the first place TBH. I thought the reason for a demo was to pursuade people to buy the game, well doing what they've done is only making me decide to do the exact opposite.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Crysis 2 MultiPlayer Demo

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
09
/16

chrisa3211

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
92%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
chrisa3211
Accepted Solution

 


BAZ1307 wrote:

James91 wrote:

 


BAZ1307 wrote:
You know, I once thought Crytek were great devs, but now I'd say they're part of the scum of the gaming industry along with Activision.

Because they put a demo on only the Xbox? I'll admit it wasn't a smart move but it hardly makes them "scum."

 


Fair enough, maybe I went over the top by calling them scum. I'm just annoyed that they, Microsoft, or possibly even EA have chose to release the demo on the 360 only.

To be fair, it should be the PC that gets the exclusive Demo since they're the ones who made Crysis as popular as it is today. Wasn't the 360 version supposed to be graphically the worst version of the bunch? I just don't understand why the Demo is exclusive to one platform in the first place TBH. I thought the reason for a demo was to pursuade people to buy the game, well doing what they've done is only making me decide to do the exact opposite.

If the demo is anything like what they had on at Eurogamer, then you're really not missing much ;)

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Crysis 2 MultiPlayer Demo

Award Winner
05
/16

James91

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
94%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
James91
Accepted Solution
I'd say it's a Microsoft backed decision as yeah I agree Crytek should have it on PC [the demo] as PC gamers made them what they are, and EA love the PS3 so my only guess is MS did some fiddling to get it onto 360.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Crysis 2 MultiPlayer Demo

Award Winner
07
/16

fski

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
97%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fski
Accepted Solution

The PS3 has had exclusive MP demos too. Weren't BFBC2 and Assassins Creed Brotherhood PS3 only?

 

If I'm right it's swings and roundabouts really.

 

PS - Yeah I know they were called betas. They were MP demos with a posh name.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Crysis 2 MultiPlayer Demo

02
/16

Im_und3ad_

  • Offline
64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Im_und3ad_
Accepted Solution

Soo no Mp demo for ps3 players?

How about upcomming betas for ps+

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Crysis 2 MultiPlayer Demo

Award Winner
07
/16

fski

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
97%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fski
Accepted Solution

I think plus users are getting Socom 4 (:smileymad:) soon. Don't know about Crysis 2, it's possible at some point I guess.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Crysis 2 MultiPlayer Demo

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel