Reply
Want to join in?

Sign in to continue

I have a PSN account

Welcome back!

I'm new!

it only takes a minute or two

  • 80

    New messages in the last hour

  • Get a response within minutes

  • 92%

    92% percent of messages responded to

15 Dec 2009
By Hereder

Hereder

  • Offline
52%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Delete Trophies

39 Replies 1,731 Views Created 15-12-2009

There is allot of people out there who would love the option to "Delete Trophies" from their Trophy List.
I'm one of them. Sometimes when you try out a game and find it boring, it's just enjoying having the "1% Trophy" message in your Trophy List.

That's why I have made a CRAPPY Flash Movie about this dilemma, to see what you guys think about the Option to "Delete" trophies from your Lists.

I have done 2 options in this clip, First option will allow you to but the "Half-Done-Game-Trophies" to a "Pick'n Mix" section so you don’t have to see them. The other Option allows you to Delete them completely from your PSN account. But if you do so, your PS3-Level will decrease!

If you are interested: Which one do you think is best?

 

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yXaRwneMBaY&hl=sv_SE&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yXaRwneMBaY&hl=sv_SE&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Reply
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
04
/16

Micheil794

  • Offline
87%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Micheil794
Accepted Solution

Deleting them is a big no IMO, what if your account got hacked? They could have a wail of a time deleting days worth of work. The only thing you should be able to delete is 0%

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Delete Trophies

Beta Tester
09
/16

Symonator

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
88%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Symonator
Accepted Solution
they could at least enable a "public" or "hidden" feature.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Delete Trophies

Beta Tester
05
/16

BAZ1307

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
89%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BAZ1307
Accepted Solution
Being able to delete trophies would render them pointless IMO. If there was any way at all of being able to delete them, I'd simply stop collecting them. People could get into your account and delete all of your trophies, now that wouldn't make you a happy bunny would it?

Either accept that the trophies you earned are there to keep, or don't bother with them at all!

Online stats are the same thing, would you delete some deaths on MW2 just because you could? It's a bit stupid TBH. A trophy is yours to keep, doesn't matter if you have 1% or not, it won't make a difference.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Delete Trophies

05
/16

Submarine13

  • Offline
90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Submarine13
Accepted Solution

They all add to your overall level, so I don't see a problem with them. I'd rather have them, than not have them.

 

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Delete Trophies

 photo 2hgctuf.png


02
/16
84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TesticularXpress
Accepted Solution

As said above a delete trophy option comes with more problems than it would solve with account hacking and "accidental deletes"... I wouldn't want to spend hours earning one particular trophy only to slip on the DS3 and lose all that work.

 

Hiding trophies would be a much better feature, I'd be able to log into the PSN and select games I would rather not appear on my trophy list, I think there would have to be a limit though... you can only hide games if you have less than 20% of the trophies say, so you don't get people with 31 plats but nothing in their public cabinet.

 

Or even just be able to hide anything on your local PS3's trophy list, I think that's where most of the frustration comes from. I dont really care that a friend has 0% on PAIN as I only see it once in a blue moon when I compare trophies. SSHD sat at 0% on my list because I downloaded the trial annoys the hell out of me though :P

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Delete Trophies

Beta Tester
04
/16

dwad69

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
96%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
dwad69
Accepted Solution

I say dont worry about it OP, it really does not matter if you have games with 0% trophys its all about having fun bud.  I wont tell anyone if you dont :Thumbs:

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Delete Trophies

Beavis is da man Vote Stu for PM :Thumbs:
02
/16

BurnoutSam

  • Offline
21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BurnoutSam
Accepted Solution

Sadly, I am in the same situation. I have a game that I bought..tried it, and will never, ever play it again. Surely, the easiest way around this would be that once you deleted the game off the ps3, it would then give you the option to delete all game trophies off the psn as well...but guess what...SONY don't care. They have had your money, and don't care about users 'issues'. IF, and it's a big if, IF they did, they would have a contact email or contact number or something on this site..  OOOOHHH NO. They don't.

 

Something as simple as this surely wouldn't take that long to sort out, but seems like they aint listening.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Delete Trophies

04
/16

trubadman

  • Offline
89%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
trubadman
Accepted Solution

 


TesticularXpress wrote:

As said above a delete trophy option comes with more problems than it would solve with account hacking and "accidental deletes"... I wouldn't want to spend hours earning one particular trophy only to slip on the DS3 and lose all that work.

 

Hiding trophies would be a much better feature, I'd be able to log into the PSN and select games I would rather not appear on my trophy list, I think there would have to be a limit though... you can only hide games if you have less than 20% of the trophies say, so you don't get people with 31 plats but nothing in their public cabinet.

 

Or even just be able to hide anything on your local PS3's trophy list, I think that's where most of the frustration comes from. I dont really care that a friend has 0% on PAIN as I only see it once in a blue moon when I compare trophies. SSHD sat at 0% on my list because I downloaded the trial annoys the hell out of me though :P


Agree with this.  The SSHD thing was a bit a flop, luckily I bought the game!

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Delete Trophies

Beta Tester
04
/16

chalky83

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
99%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
chalky83
Accepted Solution

there should never e an option to delete any games were you have collected trophies, theproblems behind that have already beeen mentioned. Being able to delete games with 0% would be fine though, but it probably won't happen.

 

If this sort of stuff really bothers people then they should create another user on their PS3 and test games out on there if they are unsure of them.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Delete Trophies

06
/16

Squidooer

  • Offline
98%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Squidooer
Accepted Solution

If u was that bothered about the 1%s on your list you would put a bit more effort into the games and raise the percentage higher. And if u do insist on trying every crap game under the sun you could always make a 2nd account on your PS3 to try out games on so that the 1%s stay hidden on that account.

 

You could also do trophy research on a game before you even buy it if you are that bothered about not getting trophies on a game.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Delete Trophies

04
/16

trubadman

  • Offline
89%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
trubadman
Accepted Solution

 


Squidooer wrote:

If u was that bothered about the 1%s on your list you would put a bit more effort into the games and raise the percentage higher. And if u do insist on trying every crap game under the sun you could always make a 2nd account on your PS3 to try out games on so that the 1%s stay hidden on that account.

 

You could also do trophy research on a game before you even buy it if you are that bothered about not getting trophies on a game.


 

I was thinking about this last night, I have a bit of OCD with regards to 0% and 1% trophy games.  So I was thinking that in a few months I will start playing Socom Confrontation, a game that I knew little about in terms of completion at the time of purchase.  Anyway, paid a little trip to project platinum yesterday and it says 80-100 hours for platinum; this isn't even definite, according to random forum users this is a massive understatement.  I know a few people have used the hack to get the trophies, but I'll try and do it legit.  But realisticall, I'll probably struggle to even get one trophy, the trophy descriptions which are all in capitals are quite intimidating.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Delete Trophies

06
/16

Squidooer

  • Offline
98%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Squidooer
Accepted Solution

 


trubadman wrote:

 


Squidooer wrote:

If u was that bothered about the 1%s on your list you would put a bit more effort into the games and raise the percentage higher. And if u do insist on trying every crap game under the sun you could always make a 2nd account on your PS3 to try out games on so that the 1%s stay hidden on that account.

 

You could also do trophy research on a game before you even buy it if you are that bothered about not getting trophies on a game.


 

I was thinking about this last night, I have a bit of OCD with regards to 0% and 1% trophy games.  So I was thinking that in a few months I will start playing Socom Confrontation, a game that I knew little about in terms of completion at the time of purchase.  Anyway, paid a little trip to project platinum yesterday and it says 80-100 hours for platinum; this isn't even definite, according to random forum users this is a massive understatement.  I know a few people have used the hack to get the trophies, but I'll try and do it legit.  But realisticall, I'll probably struggle to even get one trophy, the trophy descriptions which are all in capitals are quite intimidating.


Some games are really daunting when it comes to trophies, I have had White Knight Chronicles sat on my shelf for over a year now. When I clear my schedule enough I might actually attempt the 600 hour platinum.

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Delete Trophies

03
/16

Clxmj

  • Offline
96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Clxmj
Accepted Solution

Lol, i know what you mean. Got off too a bad start with WKC but then it grew on us but its just getting the time to put into it which is a pain.

 

Anyways, simple solution would just be to hide 0% or 0% - 5%, im sure it could be done. To some people who dont care about trophies they're probably like W.TF but when you rent and borrow so many games it just looks a mess with a few 0 to 1%.

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Delete Trophies

[ Edited ]
03
/16

JaKeUtd

  • Offline
78%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JaKeUtd
Accepted Solution

The option to hide trophies would be good but I think the option to delete is better. However, only being able to delete 0% should be the rule.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Delete Trophies

02
/16

homerjnick

  • Offline
92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
homerjnick
Accepted Solution

 


Squidooer wrote:

 you could always make a 2nd account on your PS3 to try out games on so that the 1%s stay hidden on that account.


 

The most sensible idea for Trophy Hunters...I have a second account and "try" games on it, especially rented games....if I think I like it or will Platinum it I will play it on my main account.

 

No need then for the option to delete trophies...its not rocket science is it...

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Delete Trophies

Beta Tester
06
/16

lfcrule1972

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
97%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
lfcrule1972
Accepted Solution
Sorry but deleting trophies just doesn't interest me at all, don't see the point, well unless you have been playing Hannah Montana for the easy platinum (apparently, cough!) :D
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Delete Trophies


Beta Tester
08
/16

xLew--

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
97%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xLew--
Accepted Solution

 


BAZ1307 wrote:
Being able to delete trophies would render them pointless IMO. If there was any way at all of being able to delete them, I'd simply stop collecting them. People could get into your account and delete all of your trophies, now that wouldn't make you a happy bunny would it?

Either accept that the trophies you earned are there to keep, or don't bother with them at all!

Online stats are the same thing, would you delete some deaths on MW2 just because you could? It's a bit stupid TBH. A trophy is yours to keep, doesn't matter if you have 1% or not, it won't make a difference.

That ^^^ would make me going on a mad one!! i would try my best to get access to theirs and ruin their account. i love my trophies, i would like to remove games but only games with 0% like the xbox has.

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Delete Trophies

05
/16

foursixzero_

  • Offline
90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
foursixzero_
Accepted Solution
The forums would be full of all the clever people who give their email and passwords away saying they got "hacked" and all their trophies deleted.

I can see it now.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Delete Trophies

05
/16

sp33dking89

  • Offline
95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
sp33dking89
Accepted Solution
1% get over your self. just keep playing games and it will be at the bottom of the list/
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Delete Trophies

02
/16

Grave_24

  • Offline
60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Grave_24
Accepted Solution

 


sp33dking89 wrote:
1% get over your self. just keep playing games and it will be at the bottom of the list/

What does that have to do with what the OP said?! The fact that the game with 1% completion is still in the list at all is what annoys some people.

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Delete Trophies

Grave_24 Trophy Card
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel