mackemladlee

80%
02 Rank
Progress

Do you think PSN will be hacked again

18 Replies 461 Views Created 04-01-2012
04 Jan 2012
By mackemladlee

They say its going to get hacked and they doing it for the gamers whether they like it or not, mmmm how do i really no my details are safe with Sony.

Sony says they safe form hacking and it wont happen again, and i dont think they can get hacked..

Do you think i should remove my card details just incase,

cheers from a worried gamer (again)

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

Kermit1970

• Award Winner
100%
16 Rank
Progress
Kermit1970
Accepted Solution
They don't actually say they're hacking PSN again, just Sony Network, but since they put "whether you like it or not" I sincerely hope someone finds them, rams a loaded shotgun up their arses and pulls the trigger.
0 Kudos

Re: Do you think PSN will be hacked again

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mackemladlee

80%
02 Rank
Progress
mackemladlee
Accepted Solution

same here m8, how can they be helping gamers all i want is a games machine and play offline and online

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Chimpanzee

• Beta Tester
94%
06 Rank
Progress
Chimpanzee
Accepted Solution

No person or company is safe from hacking. If an organisation really wants to they can hack anything. All a company can do is protect their systems as best they can and I'd hope that the PSN is a lot harder to get into now than it was 12 months ago.

That said, you shouldn't live in constant fear of hacking and go around removing your information from networks, just like you wouldn't avoid going outside just IN CASE you get hit by a bus. Obviously you need to stay aware of the threat and don't give more personal information than necessary to any company, but I wouldn't overly inconvenience myself out of fear of hackers.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

castaway666

• MVP
98%
14 Rank
Progress
castaway666
Accepted Solution
Agreed with Chimpanzee, networks are cosntantly being hacked or having attempts on their infrastructure. If in doubt then remove your card details but your bank is more likely to receive far greater attempts than the PSN just to put it into perspective.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

PatC_PSN

• Award Winner
80%
12 Rank
Progress
PatC_PSN
Accepted Solution

mackemladlee wrote:

Do you think i should remove my card details just incase,

If you do then you have to balance the reduced risk of card fraud against the inconvenience of entering and deleting your card details each time you want to buy something.

Although if it's a debit card I'd say don't get it near any online servers, not just PSN.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mackemladlee

80%
02 Rank
Progress
mackemladlee
Accepted Solution

yes true, but just incase i have removed my card details off the PSN even though it was fine the last time i just cant trust Sony, i'll stick to pre paid cards much safer

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

McNeilio

• Beta Tester
95%
08 Rank
Progress
McNeilio
Accepted Solution
dont see an issue myself

my card details are on the sysytem and have been since day 1 ......never had an issue and with my bank account i have fraud protect in place which has just been tested due to me trying to buy too much too soon about 5 mins ago

had a nice 5 minute chat with some flirty bank woman and presto my transaction went thru after it so i have no fears of my details being stolen or used

0 Kudos

Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Wrathchild68

89%
04 Rank
Progress
Wrathchild68
Accepted Solution

McNeilio wrote:
dont see an issue myself

my card details are on the sysytem and have been since day 1 ......never had an issue and with my bank account i have fraud protect in place which has just been tested due to me trying to buy too much too soon about 5 mins ago

had a nice 5 minute chat with some flirty bank woman and presto my transaction went thru after it so i have no fears of my details being stolen or used

Similar thing happened to me about 6 months ago. Tried to use my card and it was blocked! Phoned the bank and they said a suspicous transaction went through so they blocked the card. Turned out it was auto-renewal for my Anti Virus software on my PC.

Quick 5 minute call and it was sorted.

0 Kudos

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Recent observations conclude that in this day and age common sense is a super power!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Jonesy-ov-s5

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Jonesy-ov-s5
Accepted Solution

mackemladlee wrote:

yes true, but just incase i have removed my card details off the PSN even though it was fine the last time i just cant trust Sony, i'll stick to pre paid cards much safer

someone correct me if im wrong, but even though you have removed your card details, they stay on the psn system for a while before completely being wiped.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
------------
now own a 12GB Super Slim with a 500GB HDD upgrade.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mackemladlee

80%
02 Rank
Progress
mackemladlee
Accepted Solution

thats not good how do i know that my details will be deleted

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

LukeInReverse

60%
02 Rank
Progress
LukeInReverse
Accepted Solution

I would be very suprised. And of course i hope they actually go and do something productive with their lives!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Comrade-Bozzey

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Comrade-Bozzey
Accepted Solution

I kinda doubt it to be honest. You never steal from the same place twice if you're a thief of any kind. It could just be empty threats to scare Sony for the SOPA support. 

Me personally I'm all about the gaming and I do not think Anon are acting in our intrests as gamers. There idea of "helping" us was to attack and bring down the very thing that made us gamers and made us connect and talk and be social. 

Anon say they want freedom for everyone on the net, so they take down the PSN which is 1 of the biggest digital social services of this gen. How does that help ? You're not helping,if anything it's hindering and attacking your own ideas and objective. 

I trust sony with my details so far even after the 1st "PSNGate" and I think it was a wake up call to them for tighter security and defence against this kind of thing. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

PatC_PSN

• Award Winner
80%
12 Rank
Progress
PatC_PSN
Accepted Solution

Comrade-Bozzey wrote:

I kinda doubt it to be honest. You never steal from the same place twice if you're a thief of any kind. 

Although perhaps with some irony, that kind of complacency can actually increase the risk of another attack. The most effective attacks are often where you least expect them.

It isn't entirely unknown for burglars to target the same house for a second time a few weeks later, knowing that what was stolen previously would have been replaced with new items by then.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

LarasAider

90%
05 Rank
Progress
LarasAider
Accepted Solution

This post features my own opinion.

Due to Sony's latest terms & conditions it say's that they will not be responsible if any details get stolen with any hacking which has taken place; so basically their saying we're the ones responsible for our own credit information. They changed the T/C due to PSN being hacked the last time.

0 Kudos

To Gaming... Always Faithful.

Error: Undergoing Maintenance

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

The-Sea-Trout

88%
02 Rank
Progress
The-Sea-Trout
Accepted Solution

Didn't Anonymous say they were going tot attack Sony again but not in a way that would affect the gamers this time??

I wish they would just disappear to be honest, if the gamers really hated Sony that much then they would simply just stop playing their PS3's.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SG-0168C

27%
02 Rank
Progress
SG-0168C
Accepted Solution

PS3, mobile phones, other hand held devices and PC's some of the silly places people choose to save bank details lol

:Stupid: Dont be stupid keep your details to yourself - The only 100% secure device is an unplugged one.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
I think therefore I am

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

michelle_tabor

• Beta Tester
92%
12 Rank
Progress
michelle_tabor
Accepted Solution

SG-0168C wrote:

PS3, mobile phones, other hand held devices and PC's some of the silly places people choose to save bank details lol

:Stupid: Dont be stupid keep your details to yourself - The only 100% secure device is an unplugged one.

I can't believe people use the bank apps on thier phones. I look at my banking on my netbook which I very rarely take out and I don't have my bank website as a favourite or have it rememeber the login. 

Yeah perhaps I'm paranoid and if someone was that bothered they could take 5 seconds to look in my history but It makes me feel a bit better, takes no longer to log in and check it and if someone who stole my laptop while out was good enough to manage to hack my bank details from my computer they will not be taking a £200 netbook from a £6 handbag in a weatherspoons.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
49%
02 Rank
Progress
Nightmareofkaito
Accepted Solution

In all honesty the likelyhood of psn getting hacked to the degree that it did last year is very unlikely as sony have ramped up security and they never want to let what happened happen again

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel