• Beta Tester
86%
04 Rank
Progress

Game.co.uk >> LittleBigRipOff

44 Replies 1,417 Views Created 11-12-2010
11 Dec 2010
By V00D00CHARL1E

I for one was very annoyed by the initial announcement of an inferior EU LPB 2 Collectors Edition, but it was somewhat redeemed when they announced it would retail at the same price as the std edition

One important and cool thing to note is that this core Collector’s Edition, with all of the exclusive additional content, has the same recommended retail price (RRP) as the standard edition.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/11/17/littlebigplanet-2-round-up-grabinator-featurette-collector...

So why are Game selling it online for an extre £5???

http://www.game.co.uk/search.aspx?&s=LittleBigPlanet+2+(Move+Compatible)

The offical response from Playstation on their blog...

Is there any reason why Game are charging an additional £5 for the Collectors Edition, when it clearly stated on here it would be the same RRP as the Std Edition.

Posted on 8 December, 2010 at 12:59 pm by James Gallagher

I’m pushing for an answer on this, but the basic gist is that we can only provide a RRP (Recommended Retail Price) to retailers, which, in this case, is the same across the two versions. How much they actually sell it for is down to them, which is why prices vary.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/12/07/the-first-of-many-december-treats-for-plus-members/

0 Kudos
LABELS:

* Earn cash back on your game purchases @ Quidco or find the cheapest prices online @ Gamecrawler *
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

stephenc87

• Beta Tester
98%
07 Rank
Progress
stephenc87
Accepted Solution
I don't think the problem is finding the £5, it's them charging more when Sony have said the LE would have the same RRP.
0 Kudos

Re: Game.co.uk >> LittleBigRipOff

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

emw80

95%
05 Rank
Progress
emw80
Accepted Solution

stephenc87 wrote:
I don't think the problem is finding the £5, it's them charging more when Sony have said the LE would have the same RRP.

Thats exactly it,,

But you get these morons who try to twist it around on people and make it out like "oh its only £5 cant you afford that". damn sheeple!!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

iWiLLsaVeU2

80%
02 Rank
Progress
iWiLLsaVeU2
Accepted Solution

Problem is... if they now list them at the same price people will mass pre-orders of the collectors edition, meaning GAME will lose out on money because they are not shifting out stock of the standard one. there has to be a difference in price because people like you dont want to spend 5 quid more because they are tight so making you get the standard one.

if you see a big packet of maltesers and a small packet of maltesers both 50p which one would you buy and everyone else buy ?? ...the big one. so then what does the shop do with the small packets ??

seriously though... just use your game points :|
0 Kudos

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original account - iWiLLsaVeU, forgot my password to it :(

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

V00D00CHARL1E

• Beta Tester
86%
04 Rank
Progress
V00D00CHARL1E
Accepted Solution

ArsenalMark wrote:
:| Really is a non-issue, surely you can spare £5 :|

I can spare the money alright, but why should I when it should be £39.99

But as pointed out earlier, its not as bad a Zavvi

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/littlebigplanet-2-collectors-edition/10288399.html

£54.95 :(

0 Kudos

* Earn cash back on your game purchases @ Quidco or find the cheapest prices online @ Gamecrawler *

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

V00D00CHARL1E

• Beta Tester
86%
04 Rank
Progress
V00D00CHARL1E
Accepted Solution

Official repsonse from Game

'As an independant retailer we pirce our products at a rate which we think is appropriate and our company does not use the price that Sony suggest the game should be priced at.

Therefore there are sometimes price differences...'

Well you can kiss my @55 Game :(

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

PsychoboyUK

• Beta Tester
81%
05 Rank
Progress
PsychoboyUK
Accepted Solution

WOW :O an extra fiver :xRolleyes:

think about all the DLC your getting with it:

5 PSN avatars Normally 20p each which works out to a £1.00 (Free)

3 Premium Costumes (Toy Stroy alien, Tron and Gonzo) Normally £1.49 each (Free)

More animal costume Pack (Contains 4 coustumes) (Non premium costume pack I.E MM own Creations) Normally about £2.40 (Free)

Your looking at at LEAST £8 worth of bonus DLC so paying an extra fiver for that is fine its cheaper at half the price!!! Also throw in the steelbook case makes for decent purchae.

so a fiver is nothing its great game and worth the money!!!!So you either get it or not your choice!

EDIT: See now the Zavvi one is a RIP OFF i would go to game and get mine for £10 cheaper So sorry Zavvi!!!!

PsychoboyUK

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

V00D00CHARL1E

• Beta Tester
86%
04 Rank
Progress
V00D00CHARL1E
Accepted Solution

Your missing the point completely :(

The actual cost is not the issue here, its the fact that SCEE have tried to make amends to the loyal fans, by offering the collectors edition at the same price as the std edition. And personally,  I can see little point in Sackboy costumes or avatars as they do not enhance the game at all.

It just gets my back up when, by their own admission, they completely ignore the RRP and charge what they like.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

PsychoboyUK

• Beta Tester
81%
05 Rank
Progress
PsychoboyUK
Accepted Solution

V00D00CHARL1E wrote:

Your missing the point completely :(

The actual cost is not the issue here, its the fact that SCEE have tried to make amends to the loyal fans, by offering the collectors edition at the same price as the std edition. And personally,  I can see little point in Sackboy costumes or avatars as they do not enhance the game at all.

It just gets my back up when, by their own admission, they completely ignore the RRP and charge what they like.

I see your point totally man yeah!! BUT let me be hypathetical for a second yeah!!

Retailers do NOT have to stick to RRP's if they did then NOONE would make profit, So what do they do?? They buy in said game at say £40 a copy Say 150,000 which is about £6000. Alot of stores do this Tescos being one of them!!!

So The company management say to make a profit of this for the first couple weeks we sell at £45, which gives them an extra £5 per copy becouse they went stright to sony/distributer and paid for them so very little if anything goes back to sony/MM coz they already have thier money.

So The Stroe then sell it at £45 for the first 2 weeks and say they sell out (Hypathetacly) they only make £750 after they get thier £6000 back. But sell it on or under the RRP then they would break even or make a loss!

Thats why (In my opinion) stores and or Independets ALWAYS add an extra fiver here or there to thier in store prices.

Personally I dont mind paying the extra fiver for LBP 2 LE coz i know the game itself is worth it! i feel the extra Fiver is for the DLC but that's my opinion!!!

PsychoboyUK

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Skykid360

• Beta Tester
97%
08 Rank
Progress
Skykid360
Accepted Solution

It may not be morally right, especially for the Consumer.

But Game have the right to charge whatever they want. The RRP is just a guide, Game can and are allowed to charge whatever they feel like, be it £5 more or £5 less. It's how they decide to run their business. 

At the end of the day, it's down to whether the consumer want's to pay for it at that price....if people want it badly enough then they will pay it, and Game knows this (as i doubt the majority know that the Standard and Collectors are to be recommended to sell at the same price).

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

PsychoboyUK

• Beta Tester
81%
05 Rank
Progress
PsychoboyUK
Accepted Solution

Skykid360 wrote:

It may not be morally right, especially for the Consumer.

But Game have the right to charge whatever they want. The RRP is just a guide, Game can and are allowed to charge whatever they feel like, be it £5 more or £5 less. It's how they decide to run their business. 

At the end of the day, it's down to whether the consumer want's to pay for it at that price....if people want it badly enough then they will pay it, and Game knows this (as i doubt the majority know that the Standard and Collectors are to be recommended to sell at the same price).

Thats the point iam trying to make too :)

I used to work for GAME so i kinda know how they work ;)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

shanethegooner

• Award Winner
95%
09 Rank
Progress
shanethegooner
Accepted Solution

PsychoboyUK wrote:

Ahaha! That explains a lot of things. XD

0 Kudos

OPC Football Bingo Results

[2013/2014] [2014/2015]

[2015/2016] [2016/2017]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

PsychoboyUK

• Beta Tester
81%
05 Rank
Progress
PsychoboyUK
Accepted Solution

shanethegooner wrote:

PsychoboyUK wrote:

Ahaha! That explains a lot of things. XD

OI LESS OF THAT lol

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

stephenc87

• Beta Tester
98%
07 Rank
Progress
stephenc87
Accepted Solution
They don't buy games for £40 a copy though. They don't buy games for the RRP. I haven't ever worked for Game but I understand pricing. It's just pure greed. That is all. Selling at the RRP still gives them profit.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

shanethegooner

• Award Winner
95%
09 Rank
Progress
shanethegooner
Accepted Solution

Maybe I'm missing something but the RRP on the site is £54.99 and they're selling it for £44.99. So what's the problem?

Even the RRP for the normal edition is £49.99 so I don't get it?

0 Kudos

OPC Football Bingo Results

[2013/2014] [2014/2015]

[2015/2016] [2016/2017]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

aaronsimo

90%
04 Rank
Progress
aaronsimo
Accepted Solution
what i can see happening is that the standard edition will be sold about £2 of pound cheaper
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Megarosizer

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Megarosizer
Accepted Solution

Our Collectors Edition isn't even a Collectors Edition!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

jordan579

90%
03 Rank
Progress
jordan579
Accepted Solution
The game isn't out until next year. I'm pretty sure closer to release game will lower the price to increase pre-orders. People get wound up over the smallest things.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CRASHBASHUK

93%
06 Rank
Progress
CRASHBASHUK
Accepted Solution

i think game and gamestation are the only 2 seeling the CE

0 Kudos

try my LBP2 BUZZ quiz level: http://lbp.me/v/wx-k51

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

gazberotten

98%
03 Rank
Progress
gazberotten
Accepted Solution

Voodoo Charlie ever heard of Price Comparison websites. Christ mate £5 is no big deal let it go.

0 Kudos

PlayStation 4 Thread Worth Reading check out

http://www.avforums.com/forums/ps3/1574671-playstation-4-a.html

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

V00D00CHARL1E

• Beta Tester
86%
04 Rank
Progress
V00D00CHARL1E
Accepted Solution

@ jonngizmo heres the link, just states that the rrp will be the same as the std edition

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/11/17/littlebigplanet-2-round-up-grabinator-featurette-collector...

gazberotten wrote:

Voodoo Charlie ever heard of Price Comparison websites. Christ mate £5 is no big deal let it go.

Please dont jump on the end of a thread unless you have read the whole thing :(  I've already stated several times that IT IS NOT the value that is the problem. Its the fact that SCEE were trying to make amends for a crappy collectors edition, by giving it to us for the same price. And companies like Game, BY THEIR OWN ADMISSION, completely ignore the RRP so they can make more profit.

It comes down to exclusivness. Game will happily pay companies for exclusive content / editions in order to prize sales away from the smaller retailers. That way they can charge the general public over the top prices

And yes I have heard of price comparison sites thank you, in fact you will find a particularly good one in my signature :( but if you had cared to look, they do not list the collectors edition :( :(

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

addyjones1234

90%
04 Rank
Progress
addyjones1234
Accepted Solution
Sorry but the RRP of a game is £49.99 (Bar Call of Duty titles). Game retailers then choose their pricing accordingly. Sony sell it for the same RRP so what is the problem? RRP is recommended retail price, not the actual price you pay....
0 Kudos

Twitter user and editor on EverythingPlaystation.com. Click my sig to take a look at EPS or my twitter!
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel