03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Game to help loosen weight

63 Replies 2,965 Views Created 16-04-2012

Hi there!

I have had my PS3 for almost a year now but somehow i want to push the hardware a little bit. what i mean is i'm looking for a game to help loosen-up weight. one that really makes up a sweat.

Now, i don't know if a fitness game or a Move competition games or an action game would be ideal but what would you guys recommend to me?

I stand 6 feet and weighs 100 kilos so that makes me "clinicaly obese".

I also want my wife to come along play with me and she mentioned that she also want to loosen weight.

A standalone game for just me or a game for both of us?

Please advice.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

Same companey

Yes the 360 is the one higlighted but does not mean it was exclusive to them.

Taken from the report "China may be using child labor."

0 Kudos

Re: Game to help loosen weight

[ Edited ]

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
/16
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LittleBigDragonz
Accepted Solution

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

Same companey

Yes it does as it clearly says in your link ( These workers manufacture Xbox 360s. )

Or this link.. http://www.electronista.com/articles/10/04/14/microsoft.mice.made.in.poor.work.conditions/

KYE has denied the claims and said it was socially responsible. Microsoft didn't deny the charges but did say it had "commenced an investigation" into the report, which included photographic evidence of many of the practices. ( No Sony )

All i'm pointing out is what EMW80 said is correct from what has been brought to light?

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

Same companey

Yes it does as it clearly says in your link ( These workers manufacture Xbox 360s. )

Yes it says in  the link.

But I stand by what I say as many things get taken out of content and mistranslated.

The only ones come forward

If these factorys are slave shops and chils labour as claimed how many people would come forward? Not many.

They can't even be sure if they were made for 65c

but as stated in my edit, it has nop proof just "may have"

0 Kudos

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
/16
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LittleBigDragonz
Accepted Solution

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

Same companey

But I stand by what I say as many things get taken out of content and mistranslated.

If these factorys are slave shops and chils labour as claimed how many people would come forward? Not many.

No if's or buts about it.. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/microsoft-studies-claims-of-child-labour-abuse-at-ch...

The computing giant Microsoft is investigating claims that Chinese factory staff are working in sweatshop conditions to make its products.

A three-year undercover investigation by a workers' rights campaign group found that teenagers lived and worked in cramped conditions at factories in the Guangdong province of China, earning just a few dollars a day.

The Pittsburgh-based National Labor Committee (NLC) published photographs smuggled out of the factory, showing workers slumped asleep at factory lines during a half-hour break. It said that workers were forbidden to talk or go to the lavatory during production hours, and workers who dropped products were punished by being made to clean the bathrooms. It says a typical shift is from 7.45am to 10.55pm, before workers retire to 14-room dormitories.

Microsoft said it is "committed to the fair treatment and safety" of workers employed by its vendors. All sub-contractors have to sign up to a code of conduct with promises they will "pay living wages under humane conditions". No one under 15 can be employed under the code, and under-18s have to be kept away from hazardous work.

"We are aware of the NLC report," a Microsoft spokesman said, "and we have commenced an investigation. We take these claims seriously, and we will take appropriate remedial measures in regard to any findings of vendor misconduct."

( It happened )

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LittleBigDragonz
Accepted Solution

Getting back on topic...

If losing weight  for you and your partner is what you have in mind why not go out jogging, swimming, ect. That could be good for you both.

0 Kudos

/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

Same companey

No if's or buts about it.. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/microsoft-studies-claims-of-child-labour-abuse-at-ch...

The computing giant Microsoft is investigating claims that Chinese factory staff are working in sweatshop conditions to make its products.

A three-year undercover investigation by a workers' rights campaign group found that teenagers lived and worked in cramped conditions at factories in the Guangdong province of China, earning just a few dollars a day.

Microsoft said it is "committed to the fair treatment and safety" of workers employed by its vendors. All sub-contractors have to sign up to a code of conduct with promises they will "pay living wages under humane conditions". No one under 15 can be employed under the code, and under-18s have to be kept away from hazardous work.

"We are aware of the NLC report," a Microsoft spokesman said, "and we have commenced an investigation. We take these claims seriously, and we will take appropriate remedial measures in regard to any findings of vendor misconduct."

( It happened )

I can only go on what I read.

In the first link  you gave me it  says "may have"

Never seen the other before.

Though MS should investigated the companey before they gave the contract out the companey is blame, yes MS should shoulder some of the blame for not investigating but how many companies investigate others fully for contracking and sub contrackting?

0 Kudos

Below is a Signature

/16
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LittleBigDragonz
Accepted Solution

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

( It happened )

Though MS should investigated the companey before they gave the contract out the companey is blame, yes MS should shoulder some of the blame for not investigating but how many companies investigate others fully for contracking and sub contrackting?

MS have investigated ( as shown by link ) but is STILL using them even when proof was made available by the NLC with photographs smuggled out of the factory, showing workers slumped asleep at factory lines during a half-hour break, ect. This could mean ( IMO ) what emw80 was on about.

0 Kudos

/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

( It happened )

MS have investigated ( as shown by link ) but is STILL using them even when proof was made available by the NLC with photographs smuggled out of the factory, showing workers slumped asleep at factory lines during a half-hour break, ect. This could mean ( IMO ) what emw80 was on about.

I find it hard to understand emw80 is ever on about that's why I tend to question them.

I used to fall asleed in my break lol

0 Kudos

Below is a Signature

/16

Martain2

92%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Martain2
Accepted Solution

Fallout 3, that game crashes so often you'll lose loads of weight getting up due to having to restart the PS3 while playing so much.:Lol:

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

LATEST PLATINUM: 3D Dot Game Heroes

*Click here to view my PSN Profile*

/16

futsio

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
futsio
Accepted Solution

About 2 years ago I was over 15 stone at 5' 11". I Decided as part of my mid-life crisis I'd get fit and gave EA sports active 2 a whirl.

Excellent  game. It will get you fit, and you will lose weight. 

Plenty of variety in the workouts, a 9 week program, and an introductory 'cardio blast' program that lasts 3 weeks, plus a diet helper that helps track your food intake.

As a side note. I also used to smoke. I stopped smoking whilst halfway through the 9 week program, and have to say how scary it is to see how much your heart rate drops using the monitor.

Excellent piece of kit and really cheap at the minute.

Move fitness is worth a punt. Plenty of variety and good goals (Goals are very important!)

My fitness coach club has plenty of scope but can be very hard work if you want to keep up with the instructor on some excercises.

As an excercise 'game'  I would have to recommend 'The Fight lights out'. It has its niggles, but it's worth downloading the bonus content workouts. When you workout, you level up your fighter in the actual game.

Steer well clear of UFC Trainer. Awful. Good workouts, just a pity that the game doesn't track your movements. I'm not sure whether the programmers had actually seen a move controller!

All of these will get you fit and lose weight, but you have to stick with it. You will feel like a muppet prancing around in front of the telly for the first few times and sweating like a pig, but stick with it. It's really worth it.

I now weigh 11.5 stone and I'm looking forward to doing my first half marathon. Hopefully a full one next year.

0 Kudos

/16

Triklops

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Triklops
Accepted Solution

Hey Martain2 just a quick question for  you off topic,

Im still fairly new to these boards.  With the portable ID tag, like the one you have, that shows your trophy levels etc, 

I tried to get one myself using the link that someone gave me.  The site generated one, and I don't know what happened after that.  When I hover the cursor over my name in these forums, it shows my stats, and shows my portable ID, but when I post on the threads, it doesn't show at the bottom of my messages, 

how do I get it to show up like yours is??

0 Kudos

/16

bible-man

97%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bible-man
Accepted Solution
With EA Active how stretchy is the tension band? I'm trying not to stretch it to much in case I snap it lol

To get a portable ID you need to copy the details
(usually something like this.. "http://eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/bible-man.... but longer

from the PSN site and paste them on to your signature in 'My Settings' on the forum. If you search the forum you should find a better guide ;)

0 Kudos

/16

darrenj1

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
darrenj1
Accepted Solution
I thought that it would be able to handle anything I could throw at it, but I just didn't like it much, so I changed to some dumbbells, you can set this preference in game settings to dumbbells and most exercises will change the image, some like the seated rows require the band still.

I just found it easier and quicker to pick up some dumbbells instead of getting the band right on my feet and hands every time.
0 Kudos

/16

bible-man

97%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bible-man
Accepted Solution
Might give that a try. I'm sure I have some in the loft some where, it shows how much I used them

In fact I think they were last used as a door stop lol
0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

THE_FORCE

• Award Winner
89%
13 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
THE_FORCE
Accepted Solution

darrenj1 wrote:
I thought that it would be able to handle anything I could throw at it, but I just didn't like it much, so I changed to some dumbbells, you can set this preference in game settings to dumbbells and most exercises will change the image, some like the seated rows require the band still.

I just found it easier and quicker to pick up some dumbbells instead of getting the band right on my feet and hands every time.

How much headroom do you need when using either the band or bells with EA Active 2 ? I've just ordered it, but have also just watched a video of a bloke doing exercises with his arms stretched in the air.

I've got fairly low ceilings in my gaf, and think that now I might not be able to use the software because I don't have Victorian House stylee ceiling heights ! :meh:

0 Kudos

/16

leggy1975

90%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
leggy1975
Accepted Solution

THE_FORCE wrote:

darrenj1 wrote:

How much headroom do you need when using either the band or bells with EA Active 2 ? I've just ordered it, but have also just watched a video of a bloke doing exercises with his arms stretched in the air.

I've got fairly low ceilings in my gaf, and think that now I might not be able to use the software because I don't have Victorian House stylee ceiling heights ! :meh:

you do need to stretch your arms up fully for the tricep and shoulder stuff. Depends on how big you are and how low your celings are really. Although if a problem you could always just do them kneeling down

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

THE_FORCE

• Award Winner
89%
13 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
THE_FORCE
Accepted Solution

Cheers leggy - looks like I'll have to do them sitting down. :/

0 Kudos

/16

leggy1975

90%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
leggy1975
Accepted Solution

bible-man wrote:
With EA Active how stretchy is the tension band? I'm trying not to stretch it to much in case I snap it lol

its pretty rubbish to be honest. I invested in some proper resistance bands from AMazon and think were only a tenner but would recommend to go with the game

0 Kudos

/16

bible-man

97%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bible-man
Accepted Solution
Might invest in some but I will wait and see if I keep using it or forget about it after a couple weeks.

Any recommendations?
0 Kudos

/16

leggy1975

90%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
leggy1975
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

/16

bible-man

97%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bible-man
Accepted Solution
Thanks, they were the ones I was looking at earlier. Might get them if I keep using it
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel