By ocelot07

ocelot07

94%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Gioteck EX-05 surround sound headphones any good?

16 Replies 2,109 Views Created 28-11-2011

Hello,

I have never been a fan of wearing headphones as I have never really needed them. Now recently I have only been able to get near my PS3 at night time. Meaning when people are in bed I have to lower my TV down witch really annoys me. So when I was out and about the other day I noticed in GameStation for £29.99.

The Gioteck EX-05 surround sound headphones. These can be used for Xbox 360, PS3, PC witch is perfect for me as all 3 are next to each other in my man cave. But are they any good? I can not find many reviews of them. The only ones I have found have been from customers from websites like play.com and amazon ect. All seem to praise these headphones. But am looking for a few more to make my mind up. Dose anyone here have these?

The wire dose not bother me since my I sit about 4ft away from my PC,360,PS3.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

I want to know as well, but have been waiting for a US user.

These have only just been released.

0 Kudos

Re: Gioteck EX-05 surround sound headphones any good?

[ Edited ]
SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester.

I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to youtube
Subscriber Plex app for PS4 AND PS3 out now... free versions built in to console OS...

Black screen on PC remote play showing up as windows GPU driver miss match, visit Intell, AMD, Nvidia to change your driver, downgrade of GPU driver may be required.
/16

teh-gamer

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
teh-gamer
Accepted Solution

I have had these headphones for about a week and they are truly amazing I am in the process of doing a review of them for my youtube channel and will hopefully be uploading the review very very soon.

0 Kudos

Teh gamer is doing a 24 hour game a thon for Shrewsbury and Telford hospital please give what you can here https://www.justgiving.com/Ifor-Edwards1
/16

ocelot07

94%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ocelot07
Accepted Solution

teh-gamer wrote:

I have had these headphones for about a week and they are truly amazing I am in the process of doing a review of them for my youtube channel and will hopefully be uploading the review very very soon.

Nice one I will subscribe now. Witch ones did you buy if you don't mind me asking wireless or wired?

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

teh-gamer

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
teh-gamer
Accepted Solution

ocelot07 wrote:

teh-gamer wrote:

Nice one I will subscribe now. Witch ones did you buy if you don't mind me asking wireless or wired?

I brought the wired version as I couldn't afford the wireless one.

@Graphite GB: I don't know if the wireless one has the same setup as the wired version but the control biox on the wired one is on a lead that sits nicely on my lap when playing games and is easy to access the seperate volume controls for voice, game and mute.

0 Kudos

Teh gamer is doing a 24 hour game a thon for Shrewsbury and Telford hospital please give what you can here https://www.justgiving.com/Ifor-Edwards1
Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

Ive seen the Wireless box in video but theres no frame of reference for size

0 Kudos

Subscriber Plex app for PS4 AND PS3 out now... free versions built in to console OS...

Black screen on PC remote play showing up as windows GPU driver miss match, visit Intell, AMD, Nvidia to change your driver, downgrade of GPU driver may be required.
/16

teh-gamer

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
teh-gamer
Accepted Solution

Review is uploaed can be found on my YouTube Channel,

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

@teh gamer

Well there are now 3 reviews on youtube including yours .

Did you use Eye create to Film yours as the audio is very low.

Only 1 review of the Wireless version still.

@ocelot

In one of the other reviews after he get over his nerves, he points out that the head set was only discounted in UK stores if you buy another Product with the headset in store, so add an extra £1 product to the sticker price.

Thats an old GAME small print. buy another product and get a discount.

But Its Discounted on online sites to the same price any way so its just a small print.  

Thats why they were able to cross out the higher price. 

So From the 3 reviews.

If you break Your Turtle beach P11 or PX21s or if you want to upgrade your Socom2 logitech Wired headsets to Game sounds, You can save a few quid and get these. 

And you wont care or notice any difference after long game play.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

/16

ocelot07

94%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ocelot07
Accepted Solution
Thanks for that Graphite. Teh-gamer I have just watched your review (decent review by the way). Now I am swaying towards going for the wired ones as I don't sit to far away from my TV. But how do you connect the headset up. I looked on the Gioteck website and there instructions look a bit complicated.

My PS3 is on the shelf under my TV. It is connected via HDMI. Now if I buy these am I right in thinking I just need to plug these into the USB port. Connect the RC wires from the control box to the RC plugs on the side of my TV correct?

Now for my next question. I am only buying these to use them in the night time. So in the day I will be wanting to use my TV speakers for game audio and these in the night for the game audio. Will I have to keep going on the settings on the PS3 and changing the settings?
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

These headsets can connect to any  RCA/phono Audio out not just PS3 or TV.

These headsets when connected to PS3 use Multi Audio Out option in sound settings. Make sure its turned on.

HDMI

Optical

and Analogue

All 3 audio out run at the same time. 

You take the RCA splitters plugs and connect it to the Analogue RCA audio out.

The USB lead goes into Any USB port, Ether direct on PS3 or via USB hub.

If you want TV audio out all the time dont connect to PS3, Yes connect to the TV. but if you want PS3 audio with out the TV on  Aka just music then you need the original analogue lead from the PS3 box.

Not colour blind are you. plug it into the Multi A/V port and connect Yellow to yellow, Red to Red...

Now go play.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

/16

ocelot07

94%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ocelot07
Accepted Solution
Thanks.
0 Kudos

/16

teh-gamer

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
teh-gamer
Accepted Solution
I did use eye create as I don't own a webcam on my PC and I can't get my PC to reconise my PSeye so I apologise for the low audio, the headset is super easy to setup vis AV cable, the USB goes into the PS3, the red and white audio jacks go into the TV, then connect the AV cable that came with the PS3 to the red and white audio jacks of the headset, boot up the PS3 change the sound to AV and enable dual audio, this will enable you to still say watch a film with family and friends through the TV speakers but late at night be able to mute your TV and still enjoy the sound through the headset.
0 Kudos

/16

ocelot07

94%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ocelot07
Accepted Solution

Thanks.

0 Kudos

/16

kirkyboy10

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kirkyboy10
Accepted Solution

how do you get the game audio on.....Settings on playstations?     mic working but no game audio.... help?

0 Kudos

/16

ocelot07

94%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ocelot07
Accepted Solution

O its just that GameStation had them in last Friday. I thought they where old considering it said on the sticker £64.99 crossed out.

I see they have made a wireless version for £49 as well from the hut. If these are any good I would buy the wireless ones.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

How big is the Mixer/broadcaster box with the volume / controlls on it.

Thats what put me off when doing research on them, theres no controlls on the headset at all.

To mute the mic you have to get up and press the button on the transmiiter, that can't be right. I did think Gioteck had the wrong page on their web site.  

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

/16

ixScott96

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ixScott96
Accepted Solution
These headphones are amazing for shooters and adventure games etc because you can hear everything in the environment around you. Initially, I got these for xmas last year and tried these headphones on MW3, BF3, Ghost recon future soldier and skyrim and the sound of the environment around you is amazing

I reccomend you to buy these 10/10 + £29.99 is a bargain because I got mine from game for £69.99

Hope this helped :)
0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel