Reply
Want to join in?

Sign in to continue

I have a PSN account

Welcome back!

I'm new!

it only takes a minute or two

  • 47

    New messages in the last hour

  • Get a response within minutes

  • 92%

    92% percent of messages responded to

22 Apr 2012
By bambaroo

bambaroo

  • Offline
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Guess the Box Art Challenge

[ Edited ]
97 Replies 1,117 Views edited 01-05-2012

Hey everyone!

 

We thought it was time to have a bit of fun with a guess the box art challenge. We will post just a small portion of a PS3 game that has been released, and we want you to guess the game that the box art belongs to.

 

The first person to guess the correct game will have their name added to the tally. The first person to be first to guess 10 games wins, and may even receive a reward ;)

 

You can guess as many times as you want, but the first person to post the correct title wins. If no one can guess the name by the following day we will add another square of the box art for another clue.

 

The rule to take note of is that the full title must be used, for example if the game has a sub-title like Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days, if someone only posts Kane & Lynch 2, it won't be an accepted answer.

 

Scoreboard

 

Retro_1973       - 8 points

Kivi95                  - 2 point

michelle_tabor - 1 point
Cimbrer              - 1 point
THE_FORCE       - 1 Point

 

Here is the latest image....

 

What game does this portion of box art belong to?

 

12.jpg

Reply
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
MVP
10
/16

strangeplaice

  • MVP
  • Offline
95%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
strangeplaice
Accepted Solution
The more I look at this thread, the more I realise I don't know what a game looks like. :(
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Guess the Box Art Challenge



05
/16

glenhomer22

  • Offline
82%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
glenhomer22
Accepted Solution

Can we try and guess the game in advance?

 

I'm thinking a wrestling game for some reason...

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Guess the Box Art Challenge

Award Winner
13
/16

THE_FORCE

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
89%
13 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
THE_FORCE
Accepted Solution

strangeplaice wrote:
The more I look at this thread, the more I realise I don't know what a game looks like. :(


You can cheat like the others in this thread:

 

Download this Google Chrome extension, then all you have to do is right click on the image and select 'Search Google With this Image' and voila.

 

Bambaroo needs to alter the image somehow so the extension can't identify the pics. 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Guess the Box Art Challenge

09
/16

Retro_1973

  • Offline
98%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Retro_1973
Accepted Solution

THE_FORCE wrote:

strangeplaice wrote:
The more I look at this thread, the more I realise I don't know what a game looks like. :(


You can cheat like the others in this thread:

 

Download this Google Chrome extension, then all you have to do is right click on the image and select 'Search Google With this Image' and voila.

 

Bambaroo needs to alter the image somehow so the extension can't identify the pics. 



Unbelievable! I assume that's aimed at me? That might be how you roll but how dare you accuse me of cheating! I have identified all the covers from memory, not with some crappy Google extension, so yeah, Bambaroo, please do alter the images so that method doesn't work now that this joker has ruined the game for you by posting that link for everyone.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Guess the Box Art Challenge

[ Edited ]

Award Winner
09
/16

shanethegooner

  • Award Winner
  • Online
95%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
shanethegooner
Accepted Solution

Retro_1973 wrote:

THE_FORCE wrote:

strangeplaice wrote:
The more I look at this thread, the more I realise I don't know what a game looks like. :(


You can cheat like the others in this thread:

 

Download this Google Chrome extension, then all you have to do is right click on the image and select 'Search Google With this Image' and voila.

 

Bambaroo needs to alter the image somehow so the extension can't identify the pics. 



Unbelievable! I assume that's aimed at me? That might be how you roll but how dare you accuse me of cheating! I have identified all the covers from memory, not with some crappy Google extension, so yeah, Bambaroo, please do alter the images so that method doesn't work now that this joker has ruined the game for you by posting that link for everyone.


:Lol:

 

umadbro?

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Guess the Box Art Challenge

09
/16

Retro_1973

  • Offline
98%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Retro_1973
Accepted Solution

shanethegooner wrote:

Retro_1973 wrote:

THE_FORCE wrote:

strangeplaice wrote:
The more I look at this thread, the more I realise I don't know what a game looks like. :(


You can cheat like the others in this thread:

 

Download this Google Chrome extension, then all you have to do is right click on the image and select 'Search Google With this Image' and voila.

 

Bambaroo needs to alter the image somehow so the extension can't identify the pics. 



Unbelievable! I assume that's aimed at me? That might be how you roll but how dare you accuse me of cheating! I have identified all the covers from memory, not with some crappy Google extension, so yeah, Bambaroo, please do alter the images so that method doesn't work now that this joker has ruined the game for you by posting that link for everyone.


:Lol:

 

umadbro?



Yeah because I don't like being called a cheat. Howboutyoubro?

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Guess the Box Art Challenge

[ Edited ]

Award Winner
13
/16

THE_FORCE

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
89%
13 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
THE_FORCE
Accepted Solution

Why so defensive Retro ? It wasn't aimed at you solely by the way !

 

Edit: In fact I hadn't even noticed your posts. ;)

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Guess the Box Art Challenge

[ Edited ]
09
/16

Retro_1973

  • Offline
98%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Retro_1973
Accepted Solution

THE_FORCE wrote:

Why so defensive Retro ?



Because when people do well at something there's always others that try to make themselves feel better by saying they must have cheated and it leaves a very sour taste in the mouth TBH. This was just a bit of fun before your post came along. Why would you feel the need to post something like that anyway? And then link to a way for people to cheat???

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Guess the Box Art Challenge


Award Winner
13
/16

THE_FORCE

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
89%
13 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
THE_FORCE
Accepted Solution

Because I can nigh on guarantee that someone will be using the method that I posted - it was done ages ago in General Discussion. How would you feel if you were unknowingly losing to someone that was cheating ?

 

All I was doing was highlighting the flaw in this quiz.

 

However, if Bambaroo simply flips the image on the horizontal plane before cropping it, the Chrome Extension shouldn't be able to identify it.

 

Like this for example:

 

 

I think that evens the odds out a little Retro - in your favour may I hasten to add ! ;)

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Guess the Box Art Challenge

[ Edited ]
09
/16

Retro_1973

  • Offline
98%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Retro_1973
Accepted Solution

Fine by me - flip 'em BamBam!

 

I don't know what that PS3 game image you have posted there is though. lol

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Guess the Box Art Challenge

[ Edited ]

Award Winner
13
/16

THE_FORCE

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
89%
13 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
THE_FORCE
Accepted Solution

I did make it a bit tough to be honest - The Hulk ! 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Guess the Box Art Challenge

02
/16

bambaroo

  • Offline
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bambaroo
Accepted Solution
We knew there was always a possibility that people could cheat, but we love you guys and will always give you the benefit of the doubt. However we have every intention of making them more difficult as we progress.

Apologies for not posting one this morning, we will post another at 7pm tonight so that more people get a chance to take part :)
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Guess the Box Art Challenge

02
/16

bambaroo

  • Offline
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bambaroo
Accepted Solution

Time for a difficult one :P

 

The image is reversed and in black and white.

 

1.jpg

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Guess the Box Art Challenge

[ Edited ]
09
/16

Retro_1973

  • Offline
98%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Retro_1973
Accepted Solution

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Guess the Box Art Challenge

[ Edited ]

02
/16

bambaroo

  • Offline
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bambaroo
Accepted Solution

If anyone guesses this one..... 

 

2.jpg

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Guess the Box Art Challenge

[ Edited ]
09
/16

Retro_1973

  • Offline
98%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Retro_1973
Accepted Solution

That was a tough one but I'll go with Just Cause 2... :)

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Guess the Box Art Challenge


Beta Tester
06
/16

hashegotabeard

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
hashegotabeard
Accepted Solution

Streets of Rage 2

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Guess the Box Art Challenge

Beta Tester
12
/16

michelle_tabor

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
92%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
michelle_tabor
Accepted Solution
Sega Megadrive ultimate collection
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Guess the Box Art Challenge

05
/16

curtis_mufc

  • Offline
90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
curtis_mufc
Accepted Solution

It's from Just Cause 2. Also reversed!

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Guess the Box Art Challenge

02
/16

kivi95

  • Offline
92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kivi95
Accepted Solution
Warhammer 40000: Space Marine :D
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Guess the Box Art Challenge

02
/16

kivi95

  • Offline
92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kivi95
Accepted Solution
To late :(
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Guess the Box Art Challenge

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel