By xxMW2ALIENxx

xxMW2ALIENxx

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Help needed...Play PS2 games on PS3 Slim...

[ Edited ]
105 Replies 44,324 Views edited 24-02-2011

Hi,

My son would like to play his PS2 games on the PS3 slim, we have looked at you tube and there are videos showing how this can be done by going to the Playstation store and into add on's.   I cannot find this on my PS3 can anyone let me know how I get around this??

Thanks

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

emw80

95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
emw80
Accepted Solution

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

emw80 wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

joshsnooker1994 wrote:
you cant play us games on a uk ps3

So why do I have Maximo and GOD HAND from the US store on my UK ps3 and it works?  (thanks to my brother who lives in the US but comes to visit me)

But does the games from your brother still work on your UK console when your brother is back in US using his account?

Yes.

SNIP

No it is not as he no longer has a PS3 in the US as he does not have time to play.

He has it on my machine as it is itmes he has paid for and wants access to them whilst home.

Edit

My console is the only one that is activated for him now.

And I can use the Ps2 games on his account as it does not need to be online or effect his trophies

I guess using a JCB digger really is MUCH better than using a shovel when digging a hole for yourself! Nice One !

It pops it's head out again does it!

And no!

I don't understand that.. because YOU grassed yourself up for gamesharing, I'm now somehow a troll? LOL Much like your excuses for gamesharing - that IS nonsense.

I'll leave it there m8.

0 Kudos

Re: Play PS2 games on PS3 Slim...

[ Edited ]
/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

emw80 wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

emw80 wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

joshsnooker1994 wrote:

So why do I have Maximo and GOD HAND from the US store on my UK ps3 and it works?  (thanks to my brother who lives in the US but comes to visit me)

But does the games from your brother still work on your UK console when your brother is back in US using his account?

Yes.

SNIP

No it is not as he no longer has a PS3 in the US as he does not have time to play.

He has it on my machine as it is itmes he has paid for and wants access to them whilst home.

Edit

And I can use the Ps2 games on his account as it does not need to be online or effect his trophies

I guess using a JCB digger really is MUCH better than using a shovel when digging a hole for yourself! Nice One !

And no!

I don't understand that.. because YOU grassed yourself up for gamesharing, I'm now somehow a troll? LOL Much like your excuses for gamesharing - that IS nonsense.

I'll leave it there m8.

you only pop your head up to have ago at people which TBH with you history here and on XB forum that is to be expected.

0 Kudos

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
/16

emw80

95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
emw80
Accepted Solution

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

emw80 wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

emw80 wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

joshsnooker1994 wrote:

Yes.

SNIP

Edit

And no!

I'll leave it there m8.

you only pop your head up to have ago at people which TBH with you history here and on XB forum that is to be expected.

I only really do it to wind people up... I really dont mean to hurt anyones feelings, I just get a giggle out of the thought that I have made someone smash their controller of computer screen because i have wound them up so much.

But In this case, you have sunk yourself.

and it is a bit of a popcorn moment for me as in the past you were very strict in telling others off about it.

Karma and all that stuff you know.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

emw80 wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

emw80 wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

emw80 wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

joshsnooker1994 wrote:

Yes.

SNIP

Edit

And no!

I'll leave it there m8.

I only really do it to wind people up... I really dont mean to hurt anyones feelings, I just get a giggle out of the thought that I have made someone smash their controller of computer screen because i have wound them up so much.

But, In the case you have sunk yourself, and it is a bit of a popcorn moment for me as in the past you were very strict in telling others off about it.

Karma and all that stuff you know.

So you will leave it their will you PSML!

He checked with both SCEA and SCEE and they said it was all right as he is registerd here now and has been for a while. Even when he leaves to go back to the US.

So unless Sony phone reps do not have a clue then their is nothing wrong with it and we will go on what they say.

0 Kudos

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
/16
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LittleBigDragonz
Accepted Solution

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

joshsnooker1994 wrote:

Yes.

( This is 100% Game Sharing  ) This isn't allowed by Sony. You're going against everything you claimed you stood for. Your Brother is also game sharing by NOT deactivating his ID on your console once leaving to go back home.

Here's what is allowed...

You can sign into another console YOU OWN using your profile and re-download all your bought content from PS-Store onto that new console. You then leave your profile ACTIVE on that other console that way  other game profiles on that console can use your content. ( everyone can play your bought content at same time online this way ) " ( IE kids, family, friends, ect ).

That is not classed as game sharing by Sony. Personal use is what sony called it as the consoles MUST BE IN THE SAME HOME and BELONG TO YOU.

Heres an example  = My kids, or friends, and other family ( or whom i choose ) can make an account on any of MY active consoles at HOME and use my personal PSN DLC. This has been confirmed by Sony. And has been confirmed that this is NOT classed as game sharing.

If i want to place my ID onto my brothers / friends console i can activate my info on their PS3, but when i am leaving and have finished using their console i MUST deactive my ID from that console, as otherwise they could still use my bought PSN content and that's when Sony classes this as Game Sharing. Which isn't allowed.

Edit

This means that YOU are using someone elses PSN Content on YOUR PS3. IE...He paid for content that you are using on YOUR PS3. That's Game Sharing. Even if he no longer has a PS3 he should NOT allow YOU to use HIS bought content.

Sony says that is game sharing and NOT personal use.

It don't need to be online HIS account only needs to be actived on YOUR PS3 to game share like your doing right now lol.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

joshsnooker1994 wrote:

Yes.

( This is 100% Game Sharing  ) This isn't allowed by Sony. You're going against everything you claimed you stood for. Your Brother is also game sharing by NOT deactivating his ID on your console once leaving to go back home.

You can sign into another console YOU OWN using your profile and re-download all your bought content from PS-Store onto that new console. You then leave your profile ACTIVE on that other console that way  other game profiles on that console can use your content. ( everyone can play your bought content at same time online this way ) " ( IE kids, family, friends, ect ).

That is not classed as game sharing by Sony. Personal use is what sony called it as the consoles MUST BE IN THE SAME HOME and BELONG TO YOU.

Heres an example  = My kids, or friends, and other family ( or whom i choose ) can make an account on any of MY active consoles at HOME and use my personal PSN DLC. This has been confirmed by Sony. And has been confirmed that this is NOT classed as game sharing.

If i want to place my ID onto my brothers / friends console i can activate my info on their PS3, but when i am leaving and have finished using their console i MUST deactive my ID from that console, as otherwise they could still use my bought PSN content and that's when Sony classes this as Game Sharing. Which isn't allowed.

Edit

This means that YOU are using someone elses PSN Content on YOUR PS3. IE...He paid for content that you are using on YOUR PS3. That's Game Sharing. Even if he no longer has a PS3 he should NOT allow YOU to use HIS bought content.

He lives here when he is home.

He is registerd to live here.

His polling cards come here

Item work accross all accounts on the ps3 he is registerd to live here and has no need to deactivate them.

Yes he does spend a lot of time in the US but he is registerd to live here

0 Kudos

Below is a Signature

/16
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LittleBigDragonz
Accepted Solution

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

joshsnooker1994 wrote:

Yes.

Edit

Item work accross all accounts on the ps3 he is registerd to live here and has no need to deactivate them.

You are STILL game Sharing as ( SOMEONE ELSES BOUGHT CONTENT ) is being played by you on YOUR PS3. He don't own a PS3 ( as you said ) so HIS content is NOT yours, which means he needs to deactive his ID from your console when ever he isn't using YOUR PS3. ( and he hasn't done so ) because your still using HIS bought content on your PS3 when he isn't there.

That's not personal use. It's game sharing. Ask Sony.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

joshsnooker1994 wrote:

Yes.

Edit

You are STILL game Sharing as ( SOMEONE ELSES BOUGHT CONTENT ) is being played by you on YOUR PS3. He don't own a PS3 ( as you said ) so HIS content is NOT yours, which means he needs to deactive his ID from your console when ever he isn't using YOUR PS3. ( and he hasn't done so ) because your still using HIS bought content on your PS3 when he isn't there.

Thier are 3 ps3 in my house who says they are all mine? edit It is and always has been a shared machine that has his stuff on.

His games are only on one PS3

I said he does not have a ps3 in the US anymore

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Below is a Signature

/16
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LittleBigDragonz
Accepted Solution

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

joshsnooker1994 wrote:

Yes.

Edit

Thier are 3 ps3 in my house who says they are all mine? edit It is and always has been a shared machine that has his stuff on.

Which you posted." My console is the only one that is activated for him now." ( thanks to my brother who lives in the US but comes to visit me )..

All i'm pointing out mate is becareful your game sharing and Sony if they read this post would agree. As a MOD of the forums would also?

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

joshsnooker1994 wrote:

Yes.

Edit

Which you posted." My console is the only one that is activated for him now." ( thanks to my brother who lives in the US but comes to visit me )..

All i'm pointing out mate is becareful your game sharing and Sony if they read this post would agree. As a MOD of the forums would also?I

I class them all as my console but they are family consoles.

Have you checked the date of the original post?

He is registerd here now not and not the US.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Below is a Signature

/16
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LittleBigDragonz
Accepted Solution

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

All i'm pointing out mate is becareful your game sharing and Sony if they read this post would agree. As a MOD of the forums would also?I

The original post date was 13-02-2012 06:14 PM from yourself.

I then asked you a question about your post in on this date 13-04-2012 01:17 PM

You then replied to my post  " But does the games from your brother still work on your UK console when your brother is back in US using his account? " ..with YES by quoting all posts in question at 13-04-2012 02:09 PM.

0 Kudos

/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

You then replied to my post  " But does the games from your brother still work on your UK console when your brother is back in US using his account? " ..with YES by quoting all posts in question at 13-04-2012 02:09 PM.

Yes but he his now registerd here unlike then 13/2/12 and accroding to both SCEA and SCEE phone support it is fine as he is now registerd here and does not have to deactivate the account like before so yes I can now play them when he is not here.

Before I could not but you asked about now.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Below is a Signature

/16
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LittleBigDragonz
Accepted Solution

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

Yes but he his now registerd here unlike then 13/2/12 and accroding to both SCEA and SCEE phone support it is fine as he is now registerd here and does not have to deactivate the account like before so yes I can now play them when he is not here.

Before I could not but you asked about now.

registered at your home doesn't matter. They are NOT his PS3 consoles that his Bought PSN Content is being played on. And where it's not his console he needs to deactivate his ID from the PS3's otherwise YOU ( like you pointed out today ) can still use his content when he is not there. That is Game Sharing. I'm only trying to point that out to you as it's not allowed ( although you knew yourself by the sounds of things ).

It's not worth game sharing as Sony could ban accounts.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

Accoding to both SCEA and SCEE phone supprt he is fine doing as it is one console active and he is registerd here.

They said people buy stuff from PSN and don't own the console as it is a family console. And that what the console with the stuff on is.

I own them all.

Famly console in the living room

My console in my bedroom

the console is my sons room.

I own them all but stuff is bought on different accounts all the time by people in my house and they don't own them.

He is only doing what he was advised by phone support!  They record calls so if they have given the wrong info out it falls back on them.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Below is a Signature

/16
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LittleBigDragonz
Accepted Solution

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

Accoding to both SCEA and SCEE phone supprt he is fine doing as it is one console active and he is registerd here.

They said people buy stuff from PSN and don't own the console as it is a family console. And that what the console with the stuff on is.

I own them all.

Famly console in the living room

My console in my bedroom

the console is my sons room.

I own them all but stuff is bought on different accounts all the time by people in my house and they don't own them.

You can sign in with ONE ACCOUNT on TWO separate consoles at same time but can only go ONLINE with one account per console. NOT two at the same time. IE ( you cannot play MW3 and Fifa online at the same time using one profile )

You can sign into another console YOU OWN using your profile and re-download all your bought content from PS-Store onto that new console YOU OWN. You then leave your profile ACTIVE on that new console YOU OWN and other game profiles on that console can use your content. ( everyone can play your bought content at same time online this way ) " ( IE kids, family, friends, ect ). That is not classed as game sharing by Sony. Personal use is what sony called it as the consoles MUST BE IN THE SAME HOME and belong to you.

Here's an example  = My kids, or friends, and other family ( or whom i choose ) can make an account on any of MY active consoles at HOME and use my personal PSN DLC. This has been confirmed by Sony. And has been confirmed that this is NOT classed as game sharing.

You own the PS3's NOT your brother yet his bought content is active on YOUR console even while he is not there or owning any console. This IS game sharing.

Personal use is when the consoles MUST BE IN THE SAME HOME and BELONG to you. ( your brother don't own the PS3's you do ) which means that for him to use YOUR PS3 he would need to activate his ID on your console. BUT when he leaves, or even goes to work he MUST deactivate his ID from YOUR console other wise that's game sharing.

0 Kudos

/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

not accroding to phone support.

It is not something we would have done without checking first.

edit

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

You can sign in with ONE ACCOUNT on TWO separate consoles at same time but can only go ONLINE with one account per console. NOT two at the same time. IE ( you cannot play MW3 and Fifa online at the same time using one profile )

whats that got to do with it? and I already know that.

edit

Seems to me sony support are still giving the wrong information out if you sre right.

We are going round in circles here lol but like I say support said it was ok.

I am only going what we were told by sony support

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Below is a Signature

/16
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LittleBigDragonz
Accepted Solution

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

not accroding to phone support.

It is not something we would have done without checking first.

edit

Seems to me sony support are still giving the wrong information out if you sre right.

We are going round in circles here lol but like I say support said it was ok.

I am only going what we were told by sony support

Ok i spoke to PS Support to see if you was right ( because i don't want to give wrong info out to you about game sharing, as i wouldn't like to have the wrong info given to myself ).

Support read the post on page 6. ( 3rd post down )  They said : It is game sharing that you are doing, and you are going against the TnC's. 

Support comfirmed that what i have placed about Game sharing and personal use in my posts is correct. It states game sharing in the TnC's.

Support also read your last post ( And that ALL calls are recorded to support ) so if you have been given the wrong info from support they could check this out.

Support also said that a Mod on the forums could point out the TnC's to you if needed.

Your choice what you do mate, but i would stop as game sharing just ain't worth the risk these days. I mean if it was allowed everyone would be happy doing it.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

looks like he will have to get back intouch with them next week in the mean time account deactivated.

0 Kudos

Below is a Signature

/16
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LittleBigDragonz
Accepted Solution

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

looks like he will have to get back intouch with them next week in the mean time account deactivated.

Better to be safe than sorry mate. I would have done the exact same thing if i was in your shoes. There's to much time and money placed into PSN to take a chance IMO.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

I just wish support new what they were talking about, he wrote down every thing that was neede let you know how it goes when he checks.

0 Kudos

Below is a Signature

/16
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LittleBigDragonz
Accepted Solution

It seems that support do know what they are talking about when it comes to game sharing, as they always point it out in the TnC's. But when you call them you say you get told a different thing to everyone else. This is why support said that all calls are recorded, so they could check what was said in a call if needed. ( as well as giving a Ref-Number to callers if needed )

Call Support and speak to someone who will look at this thread. Start with Page 6 ( 3rd post down ). Then continue from there. They will see what's been posted and tell you the correct info which should have been given to you in the 1st place. :Thumbs:

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel