03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

How The Playstation 3 can win the console war

132 Replies 706 Views Created 15-04-2012

Speaking from the heart

I have supported the Playstation 3 from day one and paid a lot of money in the console cost and games and accesories. I would like to make some suggestions as to how Sony can finally win the console war and secure the win. The Playstation 3 is a superiour machine however there are some things that need to be tackled that havent been delt with for years. These have needed to be done for years.

Backwards Compatability

Restoring this feature will allow your PS3 users access to a bigger games library and will allow them to play there favouritie PS2 games on there PS3 system. This will be very convinient and will also encourage or give incentive, motivation for the developers of the PS2 game supported on your PS3 to develop a Playstation 3 title or sequal to the Playstation 2 game on the Playstation 3. This will also allow new people to the Playstation Franchise see what being a Playstation 3 fan is all about and the advantages of this will greatly pay off in the long run.

The Playstation 3 could use more sequals and getting the classic Playstation Franchise  games comming

back as sequals on the Playstation 3 will make many anti Playstation fans quickly jump ship resulting in more games and console sales. Again in the long run this will pay off and will be exactly what you need.
Also on the Xbox 360 if you put in GTA San Andreas for example you can play this and even play this with upscaled graphics and better sound. Perhaps a Playstation 3 version of the Direct X driver to do this with Playstation 2 games could be possible. With the right people and team this can be done.

Restore Linux

Lets be fair here no one was happy with the problems caused when Sony removed this feature and ended up suing geohot for restoring this feature that was originaly promised to us. Also because of sony angering its users PSN ended up getting breached which just isnt what anyone wanted to ever happen. Decissions like removing linux is the reason why people lose confidence in the Playstation 3.This should be returned to the users and having this removed because of the actions of pirates , resulting in Playstation 3 users suffering over someone elses actions isnt fair. The Playstation 3 users have not done anything to deserve this and should not have there features removed. The issue is with the pirates not the Playstation 3 users we should be left out of it. Restoring this feature allows people to have there console be more than just a gaming machine. The hardware inside the Playstation 3 is capable of even runnings Windows 8 flawless for gods sake so keep Linux support on.

Developers to start using Full Blu Ray Disc Capacity

How long has the Playstation 3 been out for years and years yet there has been no incentive given or no motivation to developers to start making there games bigger and last longer. The Blu Ray drive was built for the sole purpose of offering people bigger and longer games over the rival Xbox 360 console yet barely any developers have took advantage of this. The games should be bigger and massive yet they are not and are just the same as the rival Xbox 360. This should be tackled because that would mean the Blu Ray Drive isnt been used for what it was originaly used for. Yes the Xbox 360 fans would complain but when it comes down to it there beefs would be with Microsoft.

Get the popular exclusives back

Resident Evil,Metal Gear Solid,Final Fantasy,Tekken have all gone to the Xbox 360. What needs to be done is to get all of these titles back as exclusives to the Playstation 3. If not then why not get us exclusive titles for these series on the Playstation 3. This way the Playstation 3 will still have exclusive games for it that people will want to play and own. This should of been tackled quickly but sadly was not. Doing this will make more and more people want a Playstation 3 and more people will jump ship.

Globalise Playstation Network

Making all the world content availible to everyone will allow other countries to purchase extra content and will make PSN stand out above the Rival Xbox Live. This would also make PSN a lot more interesting and would make a lot of people jump over to PSN. This would also give you a much superiour service and make the service amazing. The long term benenfits of doing this would greatly pay off.

Sequals to popular Playstation game series

Broken Sword, Destruction Derby,Music,Discworld etc we have not seen any HD remakes of the PS1 classics on the PS3 or sequals for the PS3 to these games and many more popular PS1 and PS2 games. Making sequals to the games that where popular from the previous Playstation 1 and 2 franchise will get a lot of people wanting a Playstation 3. This has not happend for years and needs to happen now. Owning a PS3 ment you had multiple advantages over other consoles yet for some bizzare reason Sony have not done this.

So there you have it exactly what Sony needs to do to restore peoples trust and to cripple the competition. Disagree with this all you want but the fact is the Playstation 3 is no where near what it is supposed to be doing and the issues should of been tackled ages ago.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
PlayStation 4 Thread Worth Reading check out

http://www.avforums.com/forums/ps3/1574671-playstation-4-a.html
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LittleBigDragonz
Accepted Solution

gazberotten wrote:

Interesting you lot you say nobody wants the PS2 backwards compatability yet the post above confirms people do. And then theres Youtube users and many other independant wesbites out there more than clearly wanting this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBxdvz39pK4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OCeF4i19Kc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDeMd1aN2rk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyyxRNB8Oi0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnKWoE3c5aE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOt87hajrUQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fD5xsLOWWA

Heres webpages of people wanting it back

http://voices.yahoo.com/two-reasons-bring-backwards-compatibility-back-5729986.html

http://uk.gamespot.com/forums/topic/27535124

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.306639-Poll-Ps3-backwards-compatibility-petition

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/4665087?start=0&tstart=0

http://uk.gamespot.com/forums/topic/28210677/ps3-needs-to-become-backwards-compatible-again

Read the comments on this one

http://www.destructoid.com/ps3-tidbits-no-backwards-compatibility-confirmed-50-off-at-amazon-119414....

All this was found within a 60 second google search the facts are out people want it back. God knows what someone else could of found with more time.

Sony Explain Why The PS3 Slim Has No Backwards Compatibility.

"Now that we're at a point where we're three years into the lifecycle of the PS3," 

"There are so many PS3 disc-based games that are available that we think — and noticed this from our research — that most consumers that are purchasing the PS3 cite PS3 games as a primary [reason]".

"And it's not just like 50 or 60 percent. It's well into the 80 or 90 percentile range who are purchasing it for PS3 [games].

We do know that there are next gen consumers wanting to come over to the PS3. Most of those are consumers who have not utilized their PS2 for a little while and they're ready to jump into the PlayStation 3."

So that's it.  Nothing more nothing less.

And lets face it, when PS4 gets released which ( might not use PS3 backward conpatibility ) people will still buy it to play PS4 games lol.

0 Kudos

Re: How The Playstation 3 can win the console war

/16

gazberotten

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
gazberotten
Accepted Solution

Hmm lets see a way round this

Make software based emulation this can be done on any ps3 without the need for any PS2 chipsets since its been proven with pc owners via pcsx2, NeutrinoSX2. The PS3 can read the PS2 discs. All sony need to do is make there own version of pcsx2, NeutrinoSX2 for the PS3 keep it on and not remove it ever again and you wont see threads like this and countless youtube videos and websites complaining.

With updates easy and affordable to make this would make the Playstation 3 do everything hence Sonys slogan.

0 Kudos

MVP
/16

mont348

• MVP
96%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mont348
Accepted Solution

gazberotten wrote:

Make software based emulation this can be done on any ps3 without the need for any PS2 chipsets since its been proven with pc owners via pcsx2, NeutrinoSX2. The PS3 can read the PS2 discs. All sony need to do is make there own version of pcsx2, NeutrinoSX2 for the PS3 keep it on and not remove it ever again and you wont see threads like this and countless youtube videos and websites complaining.

With updates easy and affordable to make this would make the Playstation 3 do everything hence Sonys slogan.

They won't update the firmware to run Ps2 disk based games when Sony can make money selling emulated titles on the store.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

ytevo79

• Beta Tester
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ytevo79
Accepted Solution
*disc :Thumbs:
0 Kudos

/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

gazberotten wrote:

As already said no matter who want they are not going to do it.

People will complain no matter what it is our god given right but that's not going to change the fact that Ps2 disc play is not returning.

1, they can sell it again on PSN

2, They can sell it again with HD upgrades

So why would they put it back in when they can make more money doing it this way.

0 Kudos

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
/16

gazberotten

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
gazberotten
Accepted Solution

Perhaps we should just let Sony bring out there PS4 and see if they repeat the same mistakes. Im pretty sure they will struggle to sell PS4's after all the uproar over the Playstation 3 users being forced to remove features against there will.

And off topic i won a PS3 slim from mcdonnalds a few weeks ago arrived few days ago

0 Kudos

/16
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LittleBigDragonz
Accepted Solution

gazberotten wrote:

Perhaps we should just let Sony bring out there PS4 and see if they repeat the same mistakes. Im pretty sure they will struggle to sell PS4's after all the uproar over the Playstation 3 users being forced to remove features against there will.

And off topic i won a PS3 slim from mcdonnalds a few weeks ago arrived few days ago

What mistakes?

Not at all.

Not true as Sony gave people an Option / Choice with PSN and PS3 features.

0 Kudos

/16

cool9911

54%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
cool9911
Accepted Solution

come on guys , think about all the things that the ps3 has got that others dont! good lord theres so much!

free full-length  music videos

free online 

bbc iplayer, 4OD , itv/stv/utv player

the ps3 does have some faults , but when you look past those the ps3 is a legandary consoles 

youre forgetting sony started motion - gameplay with the ps2 eye toy , not the wii . i had a ps2 for 6 years !

you cant keep a xbox 360 for that long , it will probably break itself one way or another 

the wii and the ps3 are both legandary , top-noch consoles and always will be.

0 Kudos

/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

cool9911 wrote:

come on guys , think about all the things that the ps3 has got that others dont! good lord theres so much!

free online 

the ps3 does have some faults , but when you look past those the ps3 is a legandary consoles 

youre forgetting sony started motion - gameplay with the ps2 eye toy , not the wii . i had a ps2 for 6 years !

you cant keep a xbox 360 for that long , it will probably break itself one way or another 

360 has those

i still have a working 360 from dec 2005 yeah it sounds like the space shuttle taking off but it works lol

they are all great consoles

the console war is for fanboys

console compertion is for gamers

0 Kudos

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
/16

cool9911

54%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
cool9911
Accepted Solution

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

cool9911 wrote:

free online 

360 has those

i still have a working 360 from dec 2005 yeah it sounds like the space shuttle taking off but it works lol

well forgive me if it does but the only music app i have on my xbox is zune and the longest running free video is 5 mins 

also, the xbox dosent have 4OD e.t.c microsoft had the clever idea of replacing this all with apps that only work in america like hulu ! ***** the point in that?

your xbox wont sound like that if you install it into your hard drive.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

cool9911 wrote:

well forgive me if it does but all i have for music on my 360 is zune and the longest free video's on that is 4 minutes and no the xbox dosent have 4OD and that lot ,  the xbox replaced these with hulu which only works if you live in America so whats the point? 

i suppose your right there is not really a war i hardly believe that , they're all good but i think the PS3 kicks the most ass

you're xbox wont sound like that if you install the game onto you're hard drive

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

cool9911 wrote:

free online 

360 has those

360 does have 4OD

360 does have BBCi player

360 does have 5OD

360 does have VEVO full music music video's

360 does have MUZU full music video's

360 does have Netflix

360 does have lovefilm

also it has more

The rest typical fanboy response

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Below is a Signature

/16

cool9911

54%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
cool9911
Accepted Solution

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

cool9911 wrote:

well forgive me if it does but all i have for music on my 360 is zune and the longest free video's on that is 4 minutes and no the xbox dosent have 4OD and that lot ,  the xbox replaced these with hulu which only works if you live in America so whats the point? 

i suppose your right there is not really a war i hardly believe that , they're all good but i think the PS3 kicks the most ass

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

cool9911 wrote:

free online 

360 has those

360 does have 4OD

360 does have 5OD

360 does have Netflix

360 does have lovefilm

also it has more

so your saying the xbox gives FREE music vids 

so your saying the xbox gives BBC IPLAYER 

well it dosent i'v tried to find them and i can't any where as i was sending this message i searched for the second time . Nothing

0 Kudos

/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

cool9911 wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

cool9911 wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

cool9911 wrote:

free online 

360 has those

360 does have 4OD

360 does have 5OD

360 does have Netflix

360 does have lovefilm

also it has more

well it dosent i'v tried to find them and i can't any where as i was sending this message i searched for the second time . Nothing

Have to be gold but that cheap enough to have video access

BBCi player is free  by law!

If you want free online fine Ps3 is great also has great games but as I gamer I find both 360 and ps3 great console they both have things the others do not.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Below is a Signature

/16

cool9911

54%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
cool9911
Accepted Solution

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

cool9911 wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

cool9911 wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

cool9911 wrote:

free online 

360 has those

360 does have 4OD

360 does have 5OD

360 does have Netflix

360 does have lovefilm

also it has more

If you want free online fine Ps3 is great also has great games but as I gamer I find both 360 and ps3 great console they both have things the others do not.

i know the BBC iplayer is free thats not what i meant , you obviously misunderstood what i typed 

and i too enjoy the features of both consoles , i just enjoy PS3 features more and therefore in my opinion the PS3 is slightly better 

0 Kudos

/16

cool9911

54%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
cool9911
Accepted Solution
i hope they bring the simpsons hit and run on the PS store that game was sick!
0 Kudos

/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

cool9911 wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

cool9911 wrote:

i know the BBC iplayer is free thats not what i meant , you obviously misunderstood what i typed 

and i too enjoy the features of both consoles , i just enjoy PS3 features more and therefore in my opinion the PS3 is slightly better 

Right yes BBCi Player is on 360

Not knocking opinion I just enjoy gaming best off all worlds

0 Kudos

Below is a Signature

/16
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LittleBigDragonz
Accepted Solution

cool9911 wrote:

snip

Well this is what you posted.." think about all the things that the ps3 has got that others dont! " Then placed BBC iplayer.?

CrustyJockStrap then explained that in fact BBC iplayer is on other systems?( 360 )

In which you then asked " so your saying the xbox gives BBC IPLAYER " CrustyJockStrap answered saying that BBC iplayer is free by law? and shown that in fact it's on 360 as we speak?

So how has he " obviously misunderstood what you typed " ? Or better still what part of the BBC iplayer being free on other formats ( 360 ) do you not understand?

0 Kudos

/16

cool9911

54%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
cool9911
Accepted Solution

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

cool9911 wrote:

snip

Well this is what you posted.." think about all the things that the ps3 has got that others dont! " Then placed BBC iplayer.?

CrustyJockStrap then explained that in fact BBC iplayer is on other systems?( 360 )

In which you then asked " so your saying the xbox gives BBC IPLAYER " CrustyJockStrap answered saying that BBC iplayer is free by law? and shown that in fact it's on 360 as we speak?

So how has he " obviously misunderstood what you typed " ? Or better still what part of the BBC iplayer being free on other formats ( 360 ) do you not understand?

(sigh)wat i meant by that was that he had stated that you get bbc iplayer for free by law and i never said you couldnt , i said you couldnt get it on other consoles,jesus.

0 Kudos

/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

cool9911 wrote:

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

cool9911 wrote:

snip

(sigh)wat i meant by that was that he had stated that you get bbc iplayer for free by law and i never said you couldnt , i said you couldnt get it on other consoles,jesus.

you can

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Below is a Signature

/16
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LittleBigDragonz
Accepted Solution

cool9911 wrote:

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

cool9911 wrote:

snip

lol.

As Crusty explained.  You can get BBC iplayer on other consoles ( on xbox 360 ) so he didn't misunderstand you whatsoever did he. :Stupid:

In fact he was just pointing out what you said was incorrect. Then stated why. http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bbcinternet/2012/03/bbc_iplayer_xbox_360.html

Users of Sony Playstation 3, Nintendo Wii, and the Xbox 360 all have access to the BBC programmes they know and love for free, using BBC iPlayer

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

gazberotten

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
gazberotten
Accepted Solution

And what about the Internet Browser On the PS3 that hasnt been tackled and still has issues on Youtube despite an update. If you have the browser on the PS3 perform  close to flawless and allow it to access more websites then thats a big plus.

Also Sony should start by allowing certain friendly programs on the internet like software, not to mention other types of suitable applications  that could give the PS3 a massive advantage over the Xbox 360 by allowing friendly applications to run and be installed  on the PS3 being after downloaded of the browser.

Things like Word Processors, graphics editing software and not to mention other great programs that could open the PS3 to a world of potential. It would also allow people to get full use of the PS3's hardware

That would cause there rivals all kinds of problems

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel