03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

How The Playstation 3 can win the console war

132 Replies 707 Views Created 15-04-2012

Speaking from the heart

I have supported the Playstation 3 from day one and paid a lot of money in the console cost and games and accesories. I would like to make some suggestions as to how Sony can finally win the console war and secure the win. The Playstation 3 is a superiour machine however there are some things that need to be tackled that havent been delt with for years. These have needed to be done for years.

Backwards Compatability

Restoring this feature will allow your PS3 users access to a bigger games library and will allow them to play there favouritie PS2 games on there PS3 system. This will be very convinient and will also encourage or give incentive, motivation for the developers of the PS2 game supported on your PS3 to develop a Playstation 3 title or sequal to the Playstation 2 game on the Playstation 3. This will also allow new people to the Playstation Franchise see what being a Playstation 3 fan is all about and the advantages of this will greatly pay off in the long run.

The Playstation 3 could use more sequals and getting the classic Playstation Franchise  games comming

back as sequals on the Playstation 3 will make many anti Playstation fans quickly jump ship resulting in more games and console sales. Again in the long run this will pay off and will be exactly what you need.
Also on the Xbox 360 if you put in GTA San Andreas for example you can play this and even play this with upscaled graphics and better sound. Perhaps a Playstation 3 version of the Direct X driver to do this with Playstation 2 games could be possible. With the right people and team this can be done.

Restore Linux

Lets be fair here no one was happy with the problems caused when Sony removed this feature and ended up suing geohot for restoring this feature that was originaly promised to us. Also because of sony angering its users PSN ended up getting breached which just isnt what anyone wanted to ever happen. Decissions like removing linux is the reason why people lose confidence in the Playstation 3.This should be returned to the users and having this removed because of the actions of pirates , resulting in Playstation 3 users suffering over someone elses actions isnt fair. The Playstation 3 users have not done anything to deserve this and should not have there features removed. The issue is with the pirates not the Playstation 3 users we should be left out of it. Restoring this feature allows people to have there console be more than just a gaming machine. The hardware inside the Playstation 3 is capable of even runnings Windows 8 flawless for gods sake so keep Linux support on.

Developers to start using Full Blu Ray Disc Capacity

How long has the Playstation 3 been out for years and years yet there has been no incentive given or no motivation to developers to start making there games bigger and last longer. The Blu Ray drive was built for the sole purpose of offering people bigger and longer games over the rival Xbox 360 console yet barely any developers have took advantage of this. The games should be bigger and massive yet they are not and are just the same as the rival Xbox 360. This should be tackled because that would mean the Blu Ray Drive isnt been used for what it was originaly used for. Yes the Xbox 360 fans would complain but when it comes down to it there beefs would be with Microsoft.

Get the popular exclusives back

Resident Evil,Metal Gear Solid,Final Fantasy,Tekken have all gone to the Xbox 360. What needs to be done is to get all of these titles back as exclusives to the Playstation 3. If not then why not get us exclusive titles for these series on the Playstation 3. This way the Playstation 3 will still have exclusive games for it that people will want to play and own. This should of been tackled quickly but sadly was not. Doing this will make more and more people want a Playstation 3 and more people will jump ship.

Globalise Playstation Network

Making all the world content availible to everyone will allow other countries to purchase extra content and will make PSN stand out above the Rival Xbox Live. This would also make PSN a lot more interesting and would make a lot of people jump over to PSN. This would also give you a much superiour service and make the service amazing. The long term benenfits of doing this would greatly pay off.

Sequals to popular Playstation game series

Broken Sword, Destruction Derby,Music,Discworld etc we have not seen any HD remakes of the PS1 classics on the PS3 or sequals for the PS3 to these games and many more popular PS1 and PS2 games. Making sequals to the games that where popular from the previous Playstation 1 and 2 franchise will get a lot of people wanting a Playstation 3. This has not happend for years and needs to happen now. Owning a PS3 ment you had multiple advantages over other consoles yet for some bizzare reason Sony have not done this.

So there you have it exactly what Sony needs to do to restore peoples trust and to cripple the competition. Disagree with this all you want but the fact is the Playstation 3 is no where near what it is supposed to be doing and the issues should of been tackled ages ago.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
PlayStation 4 Thread Worth Reading check out

http://www.avforums.com/forums/ps3/1574671-playstation-4-a.html
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LittleBigDragonz
Accepted Solution

gazberotten wrote:

And what about the Internet Browser On the PS3 that hasnt been tackled and still has issues on Youtube despite an update. If you have the browser on the PS3 perform  close to flawless and allow it to access more websites then thats a big plus.

Also Sony should start by allowing certain friendly programs on the internet like software, not to mention other types of suitable applications  that could give the PS3 a massive advantage over the Xbox 360 by allowing friendly applications to run and be installed  on the PS3 being after downloaded of the browser.

Things like Word Processors, graphics editing software and not to mention other great programs that could open the PS3 to a world of potential. It would also allow people to get full use of the PS3's hardware

That would cause there rivals all kinds of problems

Or how about removing the Browser once and for all. Free up other PS3 resources which in turn could make gaming better for all of us?

What i'm pointing out is you can't please everyone, and everyone want's something different to another person 90% of the time.

0 Kudos

Re: How The Playstation 3 can win the console war

/16

gazberotten

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
gazberotten
Accepted Solution

So your saying remove another unique feature which in turn will generate more complaints and risk angering more of the PS3 userbase?

I seriously doubht sony would be stupid enough to do that

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

gazberotten wrote:

And what about the Internet Browser On the PS3 that hasnt been tackled and still has issues on Youtube despite an update. If you have the browser on the PS3 perform  close to flawless and allow it to access more websites then thats a big plus.

Also Sony should start by allowing certain friendly programs on the internet like software, not to mention other types of suitable applications  that could give the PS3 a massive advantage over the Xbox 360 by allowing friendly applications to run and be installed  on the PS3 being after downloaded of the browser.

Things like Word Processors, graphics editing software and not to mention other great programs that could open the PS3 to a world of potential. It would also allow people to get full use of the PS3's hardware

Or how about removing the Browser once and for all. Free up other PS3 resources which in turn could make gaming better for all of us?

What i'm pointing out is you can't please everyone, and everyone want's something different to another person 90% of the time.

bingo, he fails to see that.

As fot the Ps3 browser being close flawless I tried it out the other day for the first time in a few years on any flash heavy site it would go so slow or even crash so I don't call that anywhere near flawless.

The browser on ps3 is still a poor option IMO

I use the Ps3 to game and I also use it for netflix and lovefilm as my TV's don't support them.

0 Kudos

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
/16
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LittleBigDragonz
Accepted Solution

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

LittleBigDragonz wrote:

gazberotten wrote:

bingo, he fails to see that.

As fot the Ps3 browser being close flawless I tried it out the other day for the first time in a few years on any flash heavy site it would go so slow or even crash so I don't call that anywhere near flawless.

The browser on ps3 is still a poor option IMO

I use the Ps3 to game and I also use it for netflix and lovefilm as my TV's don't support them.

Agreed. After his last post it went straight over his head didn't it.

0 Kudos

/16

gazberotten

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
gazberotten
Accepted Solution

Interesting the PS3 is leading sales in Europe

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/345512/ps3-leading-european-hardware-sales-in-2012/

I wonder if this could lead to the PS2 sales dropping fast and Sony eventually bringing more PS2 games onto PSN. If they brought games people actually wanted then the BC issue and complaints from people would plummet

0 Kudos

/16

rider1

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
rider1
Accepted Solution
Cool9911, I doubt many consoles these days can last 6 or more years. You state that the 360 is the only console this gen that will not last at all. PS3 still have some reliability issues with either YLOD or Blu-ray drive errors. The reliability has improved with the PS3 slims but problems still exist. I replaced the laser on my 60gb PS3 and yet to have problems with my FF13 Lightning Edition PS3 Slim. I did replace my original 360 with the 3 year warranty with Microsoft. It took less than a week for the free replacement. I now also have the MW3 Limited Edition 360. I also have the Wii which is hardly used for the last 2 years which still works lol. I had many problems with original PS2. I replaced the laser 3 times before I bought a silver PS2 slim. The last time I remembered true reliability on consoles were the 8 and 16 bit days. My NES, SNES, Master System and Mega Drive still works today. Almost forgot the N64 was also reliable lol.
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

cool9911

54%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
cool9911
Accepted Solution

rider1 wrote:
Cool9911, I doubt many consoles these days can last 6 or more years. You state that the 360 is the only console this gen that will not last at all. PS3 still have some reliability issues with either YLOD or Blu-ray drive errors. The reliability has improved with the PS3 slims but problems still exist. I replaced the laser on my 60gb PS3 and yet to have problems with my FF13 Lightning Edition PS3 Slim. I did replace my original 360 with the 3 year warranty with Microsoft. It took less than a week for the free replacement. I now also have the MW3 Limited Edition 360. I also have the Wii which is hardly used for the last 2 years which still works lol. I had many problems with original PS2. I replaced the laser 3 times before I bought a silver PS2 slim. The last time I remembered true reliability on consoles were the 8 and 16 bit days. My NES, SNES, Master System and Mega Drive still works today. Almost forgot the N64 was also reliable lol.

no i didnt i just said it probably couldnt last for 6 years i said it couldnt not it was the only one that couldnt

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel