Reply
Want to join in?

Sign in to continue

I have a PSN account

Welcome back!

I'm new!

it only takes a minute or two

  • 50

    New messages in the last hour

  • Get a response within minutes

  • 92%

    92% percent of messages responded to

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
10 Nov 2009
By tomtoon

tomtoon

  • Offline
84%
02 Rank
Progress

How long does it take for Amazon to dispatch?

28 Replies 5,531 Views Created 10-11-2009
10 Nov 2009
By tomtoon
Does anyone know?
Reason being I ordered MW2 before 5.30pm yesterday, with first class delivery, and it still says DISPATCHED SOON....
On the FAQ's it says within 24 hours it will be shipped, its now 24 hours bar 10 mins (23 hr 50 mins), and still hasn't.

I wondered if anyone knew how long roughly they take to dispatch?
Reply
0 Kudos
Reply
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
06
/16

CJ101

  • Offline
92%
06 Rank
Progress
CJ101
Accepted Solution

For 1st class delivery it should have really been dispatched by now.

 

Let the 24hrs go by then send a polite email.  Their customer services are usually very good.

Message Edited by CJ101 on 10-11-2009 05:15 PM
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: How long does it take for Amazon to dispatch?

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
03
/16

Sparta2310

  • Offline
74%
03 Rank
Progress
Sparta2310
Accepted Solution
You should always go for the express delivery option with Amazon if you are wanting it fast.
First class means nothing nowadays, esp with the strikes going on.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: How long does it take for Amazon to dispatch?

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
06
/16

CJ101

  • Offline
92%
06 Rank
Progress
CJ101
Accepted Solution

Sparta2310 wrote:
You should always go for the express delivery option with Amazon if you are wanting it fast.
First class means nothing nowadays, esp with the strikes going on.

The OP's problem is not down to strikes or speed of post, it says they have not yet dispatched his order from the warehouse.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: How long does it take for Amazon to dispatch?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

tomtoon

  • Offline
84%
02 Rank
Progress
tomtoon
Accepted Solution

1)There are no strikes anymore

2) Amazon do not use royal mail anymore. They quit them during the strikes, same with other companies... 

 

If it still hasnt been dispatched by 7pm, Ill ring them, and see what they have to say for themselves... 

Message Edited by tomtoon on 10-11-2009 05:24 PM
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: How long does it take for Amazon to dispatch?

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
03
/16

Sparta2310

  • Offline
74%
03 Rank
Progress
Sparta2310
Accepted Solution

CJ101 wrote:

Sparta2310 wrote:
You should always go for the express delivery option with Amazon if you are wanting it fast.
First class means nothing nowadays, esp with the strikes going on.

The OP's problem is not down to strikes or speed of post, it says they have not yet dispatched his order from the warehouse.




The OP was asking us about our experience with Amazon (as that is all we have to go on) I was not talking about his order as I have no idea what is holding that up
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: How long does it take for Amazon to dispatch?

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

Blasteroids

  • Offline
84%
02 Rank
Progress
Blasteroids
Accepted Solution
My experience with Amazon is that I generally have things delivered in about 2-3 days on standard delivery. With HMX/Sony, it has now been 12 days waiting for a server to be fixed.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: How long does it take for Amazon to dispatch?

-- PS3 60GB (FW3.15/320GB) : PS3 Slim (FW3.21/120GB) --
On Fri, 2009-08-21 at 09:58 -0700, geoffrey.levand at am.sony.com wrote: "Please be assured that SCE is committed to continue the support for previously sold models that have the “Install Other OS” feature and that this feature will not be disabled in future firmware releases."
18/08/09 John Kollor said "If anyone wants to use previous models and change the OS, they can do so."

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

tomtoon

  • Offline
84%
02 Rank
Progress
tomtoon
Accepted Solution
its not standard delivery, its First class
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: How long does it take for Amazon to dispatch?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

Blasteroids

  • Offline
84%
02 Rank
Progress
Blasteroids
Accepted Solution

tomtoon wrote:
its not standard delivery, its First class

Then you should get it tomorrow. You ordered too late for it to be delivered today. Perhaps the order status is slow in updating. I have had places emailing me to say order despatched when I have it in my hands :)

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: How long does it take for Amazon to dispatch?

-- PS3 60GB (FW3.15/320GB) : PS3 Slim (FW3.21/120GB) --
On Fri, 2009-08-21 at 09:58 -0700, geoffrey.levand at am.sony.com wrote: "Please be assured that SCE is committed to continue the support for previously sold models that have the “Install Other OS” feature and that this feature will not be disabled in future firmware releases."
18/08/09 John Kollor said "If anyone wants to use previous models and change the OS, they can do so."

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

tomtoon

  • Offline
84%
02 Rank
Progress
tomtoon
Accepted Solution

I swear amazon its 5.30pm cut off...

 

And that would be Express delivery, and not First Class 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: How long does it take for Amazon to dispatch?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
04
/16

thenextbutton

  • Offline
87%
04 Rank
Progress
thenextbutton
Accepted Solution

Blasteroids wrote:

tomtoon wrote:
its not standard delivery, its First class

Then you should get it tomorrow. You ordered too late for it to be delivered today. Perhaps the order status is slow in updating. I have had places emailing me to say order despatched when I have it in my hands :)


First class does not mean next day. If you want it next day, this is according to the royal mail, you need to send it things special delivery.

 

I asked at the counter, well what does 1st class actually mean. She said it just gets there before 2nd class. Not really the lengthy and detailed answer I expected.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: How long does it take for Amazon to dispatch?



Unofficial U.K Playstation.com Forums flickr Group |  | Last Platinum: NFS Hot Pursuit
>>> click here for my ps3 mac theme <<<

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

tomtoon

  • Offline
84%
02 Rank
Progress
tomtoon
Accepted Solution
AS I KEEP SAYING, AMAZON DO NOT USE ROYAL MAIL ANYMORE
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: How long does it take for Amazon to dispatch?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
03
/16

Sparta2310

  • Offline
74%
03 Rank
Progress
Sparta2310
Accepted Solution

tomtoon wrote:
AS I KEEP SAYING, AMAZON DO NOT USE ROYAL MAIL ANYMORE


Nonsense, I got two parcels delivered by Royal Mail this afternoon from Amazon!
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: How long does it take for Amazon to dispatch?

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
03
/16

n_mossy

  • Offline
88%
03 Rank
Progress
n_mossy
Accepted Solution
Did you buy CoD before or after the big price cut?
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: How long does it take for Amazon to dispatch?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
12
/16

PatC_PSN

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
80%
12 Rank
Progress
PatC_PSN
Accepted Solution

n_mossy wrote:
Did you buy CoD before or after the big price cut?

 

Shouldn't matter as they will only charge the lower price.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: How long does it take for Amazon to dispatch?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
04
/16

emokill00

  • Offline
90%
04 Rank
Progress
emokill00
Accepted Solution

Sparta2310 wrote:

tomtoon wrote:
AS I KEEP SAYING, AMAZON DO NOT USE ROYAL MAIL ANYMORE


Nonsense, I got two parcels delivered by Royal Mail this afternoon from Amazon!

Nonsense?

 

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/oct/07/royal-mail-amazon-postal-strikes

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: How long does it take for Amazon to dispatch?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
03
/16

Sparta2310

  • Offline
74%
03 Rank
Progress
Sparta2310
Accepted Solution

emokill00 wrote:

Sparta2310 wrote:

tomtoon wrote:
AS I KEEP SAYING, AMAZON DO NOT USE ROYAL MAIL ANYMORE


Nonsense, I got two parcels delivered by Royal Mail this afternoon from Amazon!

Nonsense?

 

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/oct/07/royal-mail-amazon-postal-strikes




That was during the postal strikes and as someone pointed out earlier they are over
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: How long does it take for Amazon to dispatch?

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
03
/16

n_mossy

  • Offline
88%
03 Rank
Progress
n_mossy
Accepted Solution

Sparta2310 wrote:

emokill00 wrote:

Sparta2310 wrote:

tomtoon wrote:
AS I KEEP SAYING, AMAZON DO NOT USE ROYAL MAIL ANYMORE


Nonsense, I got two parcels delivered by Royal Mail this afternoon from Amazon!

Nonsense?

 

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/oct/07/royal-mail-amazon-postal-strikes




That was during the postal strikes and as someone pointed out earlier they are over

I received three parcels from Amazon yesterday via citylink

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: How long does it take for Amazon to dispatch?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
03
/16

Sparta2310

  • Offline
74%
03 Rank
Progress
Sparta2310
Accepted Solution

n_mossy wrote:

Sparta2310 wrote:

emokill00 wrote:

Sparta2310 wrote:

tomtoon wrote:
AS I KEEP SAYING, AMAZON DO NOT USE ROYAL MAIL ANYMORE


Nonsense, I got two parcels delivered by Royal Mail this afternoon from Amazon!

Nonsense?

 

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/oct/07/royal-mail-amazon-postal-strikes




That was during the postal strikes and as someone pointed out earlier they are over

I received three parcels from Amazon yesterday via citylink




It was my normal postie who dropped my parcels off today!
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: How long does it take for Amazon to dispatch?

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

Randomfunk

  • Offline
42%
02 Rank
Progress
Randomfunk
Accepted Solution
I got my copy delivered this morning, by Royal Mail, that I ordered from amazon at about 4pm yesterday afternoon. I Didn't get the dispatch email til 7.45 last night either... does the "toon" in your username refer to newcastle? as thats where I am.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: How long does it take for Amazon to dispatch?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

tomtoon

  • Offline
84%
02 Rank
Progress
tomtoon
Accepted Solution

Randomfunk wrote:
I got my copy delivered this morning, by Royal Mail, that I ordered from amazon at about 4pm yesterday afternoon. I Didn't get the dispatch email til 7.45 last night either... does the "toon" in your username refer to newcastle? as thats where I am.
Yes it refers to me supporting NUFC. i don't live there, im a southerner
 
THEY'VE SENT IT, AND ILL GET IT TOMORROW!! 

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: How long does it take for Amazon to dispatch?

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel