smell_ya_l8r

98%
03 Rank
Progress

How to report people with hacked PS3's?

28 Replies 3,180 Views Created 14-01-2011
14 Jan 2011
By smell_ya_l8r

As the title says, how do we report people?

I added someone a while ago from playing Need For Speed HP and I just saw him using 'Comgenie's Awesome Filemanager' 

After a quick google I found it to be a homebrew application for moving files.

The official grief reporting page doesn't really cater for this! And yes the person will be blocked and deleted as soon as I have reported him.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

chrisa3211

• Beta Tester
92%
09 Rank
Progress
chrisa3211
Accepted Solution
https://secure.eu.playstation.com/ps3/support/grief-reporting/

The options don't really cater for hacking though...
0 Kudos

Re: How to report people with hacked PS3's?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

smell_ya_l8r

98%
03 Rank
Progress
smell_ya_l8r
Accepted Solution
Yeah done that but as you say it dunt really cover it
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

RackoSLO

60%
02 Rank
Progress
RackoSLO
Accepted Solution

why the heck would you want to report him i mean you dont have any proof that he is using it for game copying. even if he does.....who cares. i dont like piracy since we must support the developers, but on the other hand the ps3 games are so freakin overpriced. i mean really jailbreak is out and there is nothing you can do about it except to whine about everyone that has some 3rd party apps on his ps3? what did sony ever done for you (except maybe fix a ylod for 150 which broke down again ofcorse) to deserve support in the form of reporting such people. i will start doing this when they start offering free warranty or free ps plus membership if you report a person. untill then who cares. i cant even believe you want to help them after the poor support they offer to their costumers.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

dnlgee

96%
02 Rank
Progress
dnlgee
Accepted Solution

RackoSLO wrote:

why the heck would you want to report him i mean you dont have any proof that he is using it for game copying. even if he does.....who cares. i dont like piracy since we must support the developers, but on the other hand the ps3 games are so freakin overpriced. i mean really jailbreak is out and there is nothing you can do about it except to whine about everyone that has some 3rd party apps on his ps3? what did sony ever done for you (except maybe fix a ylod for 150 which broke down again ofcorse) to deserve support in the form of reporting such people. i will start doing this when they start offering free warranty or free ps plus membership if you report a person. untill then who cares. i cant even believe you want to help them after the poor support they offer to their costumers.

Xbot.

Why should Sony offer a free warranty for someone who reports a cheater? Or offer free PSN+ for that matter. What's wrong with Sony's support? :/

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

RackoSLO

60%
02 Rank
Progress
RackoSLO
Accepted Solution

xbot? if i understand u corectly you mean an xbox fan? just for your information (sorry if i understood xbot wrong then dont botter this) i have never owned or intend to own an xbox. it is a good console, they both are. but for gods sake its a console not something to fight about. it is a piece of electronics. some people like apples more than wattermelons. that doesnt mean they are apple-fans it is just a personal taste if you know what i mean.

and yes sony service is very poor. at least in my experience and i believe many people on this forums would aggre with me.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

dnlgee

96%
02 Rank
Progress
dnlgee
Accepted Solution

RackoSLO wrote:

xbot? if i understand u corectly you mean an xbox fan? just for your information (sorry if i understood xbot wrong then dont botter this) i have never owned or intend to own an xbox. it is a good console, they both are. but for gods sake its a console not something to fight about. it is a piece of electronics. some people like apples more than wattermelons. that doesnt mean they are apple-fans it is just a personal taste if you know what i mean.

and yes sony service is very poor. at least in my experience and i believe many people on this forums would aggre with me.

Correct.

And a lot of people would disagree and say the service is more than adequate. 

The way your first post in this thread was worded, it seems that you don't care if piracy hits the PS3 big time and you're not bothered that people are abusing the console by installing homebrew and such.

Tbh, this has been debated to death recently and there's way to many posts on it.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

RackoSLO

60%
02 Rank
Progress
RackoSLO
Accepted Solution

dnlgee wrote:

RackoSLO wrote:

Correct.

And a lot of people would disagree and say the service is more than adequate. 

The way your first post in this thread was worded, it seems that you don't care if piracy hits the PS3 big time and you're not bothered that people are abusing the console by installing homebrew and such.

Tbh, this has been debated to death recently and there's way to many posts on it.

then we had a bit of an missunderstanding there. i think games are overpriced but that doesnt mean i support piracy. but i support jailbreak as far as 3rd party applications are concerned just because of linux. sony had stolen that option from us and i was using it quite frequently for openoffice. actually i dont know if jailbreak supports linux but i think that is why it was originaly designed for

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

dnlgee

96%
02 Rank
Progress
dnlgee
Accepted Solution
Apparently the removal of the OtherOS feature spawned the need for the jailbreaking.. alot of people (myself included) think that is a load of toff.
Any kind of software altering on the console is breaking the T&C we all agreed to when we first signed in to PSN,

Tbf, I think this should discuss this over @ http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-General-Discussion/Hackers-leave-PS3-security-i... as the thread will be locked soon :D
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

RackoSLO

60%
02 Rank
Progress
RackoSLO
Accepted Solution

i think the disscussion is long enough already xD sorryz on the argument tho bro :D

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

dnlgee

96%
02 Rank
Progress
dnlgee
Accepted Solution
What argument? It's a forum ;)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

RackoSLO

60%
02 Rank
Progress
RackoSLO
Accepted Solution

if u take it that way even better. were disscussing the troll topic now anyways haha xD

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

pureg

80%
02 Rank
Progress
pureg
Accepted Solution

dnlgee wrote:
Apparently the removal of the OtherOS feature spawned the need for the jailbreaking.. alot of people (myself included) think that is a load of toff.
Any kind of software altering on the console is breaking the T&C we all agreed to when we first signed in to PSN,

Tbf, I think this should discuss this over @ http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-General-Discussion/Hackers-leave-PS3-security-i... as the thread will be locked soon :D

So is buying and selling used games but if we made a thread on stopping these sales there would be uproar. Comes down to what you find acceptable not what sonys rules are.

0 Kudos

PS3, Wii , 360 , Gaming PC
Now this is living

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ZOMB13-R4NG3R

80%
05 Rank
Progress
ZOMB13-R4NG3R
Accepted Solution
Sony appears to claim that the Third Party Dev has chosen to police the hackers on their title... nice little get out reason for their own T&C... :D

while Sony have no intention of banning people hacking Third Party games I have no intention of reporting people hacking the machine... you cannot expect to have T&C (EULA) that Sony only want to uphold when is suits them...
0 Kudos

All this will be lost in time... like tears in rain...Photobucket

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

smell_ya_l8r

98%
03 Rank
Progress
smell_ya_l8r
Accepted Solution

RackoSLO wrote:

If people think games are expensive they should get a new hobby, don't live outside your means simple really!

And why would I want to report people.... Pretty simple too, I want to be able to play the games that I have paid for safe in the knowledge that some cheap skate is not going to ruin it with some hacked game saves.

I also don't like the fact that I have worked hard to be able to finance my video game hobby while others will be getting it free. Check the list of games on my trophy list, 98% of the games bought myself and the other presents.

And one other point...piracy is stealing, if you saw someone stealing something would you try and stop them or report them? Actually don't answer that...your avatar says it all! :xLol:

I'm sure that the majority of people on these forums will agree with me on those points.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

RackoSLO

60%
02 Rank
Progress
RackoSLO
Accepted Solution

smell_ya_l8r wrote:

RackoSLO wrote:

If people think games are expensive they should get a new hobby, don't live outside your means simple really!

And why would I want to report people.... Pretty simple too, I want to be able to play the games that I have paid for safe in the knowledge that some cheap skate is not going to ruin it with some hacked game saves.

I also don't like the fact that I have worked hard to be able to finance my video game hobby while others will be getting it free. Check the list of games on my trophy list, 98% of the games bought myself and the other presents.

And one other point...piracy is stealing, if you saw someone stealing something would you try and stop them or report them? Actually don't answer that...your avatar says it all! :xLol:

I'm sure that the majority of people on these forums will agree with me on those points.

look i am not here to argue. and i didnt say i am not against piracy. but if you can see that he has some 3rd party programs believe me that sony can also. so if it was harmfull they would took it to consideration and ban him. and why the heck are you beeing rude and judging me by the avatar if i have a pic of 50 cent? did i go babling about how you are a serial killer since u got kratos?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

optikk

• Beta Tester
72%
02 Rank
Progress
optikk
Accepted Solution

The thing is, these consoles will get banned anyway. Seeing as you see them using homebrew, Sony will see it too and it'll be logged. So I expect a mass console ban in a few weeks.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

dnlgee

96%
02 Rank
Progress
dnlgee
Accepted Solution

optikk wrote:

The thing is, these consoles will get banned anyway. Seeing as you see them using homebrew, Sony will see it too and it'll be logged. So I expect a mass console ban in a few weeks.

Hopefully. Then the forums will have an influx of kids implying that Sony have robbed them and that they're going to sue Sony. Should be fun.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

xLew--

• Beta Tester
97%
08 Rank
Progress
xLew--
Accepted Solution

RackoSLO wrote:

BIG no to piracy, but the emulation side of it sounds great, if only sony would allow that.. sony have been pretty dirty tbh ive seen ALOT of features dissappear over time, theyve taken stuff off and replaced it with useless stuff like that picture slideshow thing and that music program :/

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

kurenai_mamire

60%
02 Rank
Progress
kurenai_mamire
Accepted Solution

RackoSLO wrote:

If you think games are over prices then get a job, save money and buy game that you like. Playing bootlegged games is as good as stealing them. 

@you profiting from reporting a person

This is really lame. I would report the person because it is my ethical and moral duty. Just like if I see some one steal I'd try to stop him. By reporting a cheater we are doing our selves a favour because user gaming experience is ruined. So we profit from it. Guess you wouldn't understand.

天来

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

melodybo88

22%
02 Rank
Progress
melodybo88
Accepted Solution

add me as a friend it is melodybo8

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel