70%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Just had a crazy 5 minutes..

14 Replies 460 Views Created 28-04-2012

Got to a point In Resistance 2 and just couldn't do It (playing on the easiest difficulty aswell) and In a blind rage just threw my controller at the wall. Ironically the minute I picked the controller up again and had another go at it (about the 10th attempt) I did It 1st time.. 2 minutes later the controller completely stops working and the right analog sticks comes off. 

Boy am I an idiot..
Was really enjoying the game aswell actually don't know what came over me, gonna have to order a new controller now before I can fire up the PS3 again.. great. 

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

kevj25LFC

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kevj25LFC
Accepted Solution

Had a moment like that my self once, did something similar, try to turn your negative emotions into positive ones though mate, cant do something? Try another method, if all else fails, take a 10 min break and come back to it.

But yes, that was a pretty stupid thing to do, but no matter.

0 Kudos

Re: Just had a crazy 5 minutes..

Beta Tester
/16

ytevo79

• Beta Tester
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ytevo79
Accepted Solution
Which part was it?

I've been through a few controllers before. I don't do it now as I can barely afford to go to the pub and buy new games so I just punch myself in the face instead (joke :D).
0 Kudos

/16

mid3get

94%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mid3get
Accepted Solution

I'm normally quite a placid gamer and don't really let anything get to me.

However.......

When I was quitting smoking I lost my patience rather quickly and went through 7 controllers over some of the most silliest of things.  Still I have to look at the benefits - I feel healthier and have a bag of spare parts and replacement batteries! lol

0 Kudos

MVP
/16

mont348

• MVP
97%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mont348
Accepted Solution

mid3get wrote:

I'm normally quite a placid gamer and don't really let anything get to me.

However.......

When I was quitting smoking I lost my patience rather quickly and went through 7 controllers over some of the most silliest of things.  Still I have to look at the benefits - I feel healthier and have a bag of spare parts and replacement batteries! lol

I am the opposite i still regularly smoke have three fully working controllers and lungs that could be healthier. 

I have game raged Ps2 controllers in the past but nowadays if a game stresses me out it's count to 10 and ciggy time. 

0 Kudos

/16

procion

88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
procion
Accepted Solution

I stopped going thru the controller route once ps3 came out... Ps2 ones were easily exchangeable at $18 for a non licence replacement. Ps3ones tho are $NZ100 a pop, an expensive lesson learner helper on how to hold it in. Now I just make Kratos sounds thru my teeth lol and have finally learnt that that means take time out.... 10mins can work a dream  

0 Kudos

/16

iTzGilbert

91%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
iTzGilbert
Accepted Solution

I got so frustrated on MW3 on my xbox due to glitchers and modders that I took the disk out of my console and snapped the damn thing.

0 Kudos

LIVE - TheMasterRob25
YOUTUBE - ItsJustGilbert

PS3 60gb Launch ps3 - YLOD March 2009
PS3 60gb Refurb - YLOD 21st November 2010
PS3 320GB Slim - 22/11/10 - 12/12/10 - Disk Drive Fault.
Award Winner
/16

fski

• Award Winner
97%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fski
Accepted Solution

Whereas I still have a Sixaxis from March 23rd 2007 in perfect working order no doubt due to my dainty hands and breezy nature. :p

0 Kudos

/16

mike20036

98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mike20036
Accepted Solution
I know the feelin because I get angry In some games. Where I try and passed a level and get stuck on It for a while. I take a break and then come back to It. Duke Nukem Forever was driving me mad In Insane mode. And did It at the end.
0 Kudos

/16

Shadow_Storm_uk

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Shadow_Storm_uk
Accepted Solution
I myself have gone through at least 3 controller, where games have just got the better of me, when you get so far, then hit a difficulty spike it rather annoying. I now try to walk away from the game, so far so good.
0 Kudos

/16

procion

88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
procion
Accepted Solution

yes it is annoying... annoying to the point where you reaily want to snap a few devs spines at the injustices of it all... But then you (finally) end up seeing the problem thru, and the exaltation you get from overcoming the hurdle is partly felt because you made it thru what in the end had to be made difficult to end up warranting being so hard.  

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

michelle_tabor

• Beta Tester
92%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
michelle_tabor
Accepted Solution
I honestly thought I was going to snap my controller when I last had a go at demon's souls, luckily I am a weak little woman :lol:

Once my bf was playing a snooker game and got so angry at losing he look the disc out and snapped it!
0 Kudos

/16

SmithB14

70%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SmithB14
Accepted Solution

Haha I never normally get angry when playing games, I always play my 1st playthrough on the easiest difficulty so I can fully appreciate the story ect.. but there's been a few points during Resistance 2 where I've had to double check that I am actually on the easiest difficulty!
I'm on the Idaho mission, just exited a cinema sort of building and come across 3 massive beasts all firing cannons at me (I'm not sure what they are called exactly, struggling to get into the story In all honesty) I've got my AI team mates shouting take cover but theres no cover about.. after about 20 deaths and a half broken controller later turns out It was better to just charge and shoot them from close up.. ahh well lesson learnt and a new PS3 controller ordered! :) 

0 Kudos

/16

fenian

95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fenian
Accepted Solution

I never get angry, its pretty much impossible.

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

THE_FORCE

• Award Winner
99%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
THE_FORCE
Accepted Solution

michelle_tabor wrote:

Once my bf was playing a snooker game and got so angry at losing he look the disc out and snapped it!

pmsl.

I've got frustrated at games many a time, but I have never contemplated physically damaging something to vent that frustration. I would be worried if I suddenly exhibited that type of uncontrollable behaviour to be honest ?

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel