02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

List of free games looks ok!

281 Replies 2,304 Views Created 16-05-2011

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/

I have three of the games offered but not a bad selection overall.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
"Let's eat Grandma" or "Let's eat, Grandma" - Punctuation saves lives.
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

oliverlester

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
oliverlester
Accepted Solution

I got the post in my RSS feed!

I'm very happy with it - even though I have LBP + wipeout HD and completed InFamous, I'm going for;

Dead Nation and Infamous (sold the disc about a year ago!)

Very happy! OH and Modnation Racers for the PSP

0 Kudos

Re: List of free games looks ok!

/16

Plambey

99%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Plambey
Accepted Solution
i want to find out what the US and Japan/HK are gettin...
0 Kudos

/16

Elite-Hawk

99%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Elite-Hawk
Accepted Solution
**** YES INFAMOUS

What does the * mean next to it though i'm confused .. is it apart of PS+ sub so can only play it as long as I have a PS+ sub ? Or am I totally missing the catch here ..
0 Kudos

/16

fenian

95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fenian
Accepted Solution

Elite-Hawk wrote:
**** YES INFAMOUS

What does the * mean next to it though i'm confused .. is it apart of PS+ sub so can only play it as long as I have a PS+ sub ? Or am I totally missing the catch here ..
Germans get stardust hd, and hustle kings instead of them.
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Danlisa

• Beta Tester
89%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Danlisa
Accepted Solution
Yay! Oh wait, I own all the PS3 & PSP games already. Nice job looking after the core PSN users chaps. Stirling effort.
0 Kudos

/16

frodouk

94%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
frodouk
Accepted Solution

Danlisa wrote:
Yay! Oh wait, I own all the PS3 & PSP games already. Nice job looking after the core PSN users chaps. Stirling effort.

This. Not chuffed with the effort here to be honest. 5 games that have been out years. Poor. Did I expect anything else from SCEE? No.

0 Kudos

/16

ocelot07

92%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ocelot07
Accepted Solution

Danlisa wrote:

You know there is over 60 million PSN members. They can't look at everyone and see what every has. There is bound to be people left disappointed can't keep everyone happy.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

McNeilio

• Beta Tester
95%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
McNeilio
Accepted Solution
spot on ocelot . im sure most people will have had or still have almost all the games but perhaps sony will look at it and offer other titles if they think its unfair ....then again
0 Kudos

Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956
/16

mike20036

98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mike20036
Accepted Solution

I will be getting Dead Nation since I got the other four games from the store. A good selection for psn users who don't have these games from the store.

0 Kudos

/16

Ew_Tux

96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Ew_Tux
Accepted Solution

ocelot07 wrote:

Danlisa wrote:

You know there is over 60 million PSN members. They can't look at everyone and see what every has. There is bound to be people left disappointed can't keep everyone happy.

Really though, how old are those games that are offered .... :| 

R&C Quest for Booty is even pre trophy era !

My little boy was looking so forward to the "free games" , he's going to be so disappointed when he finds out he has them already :(

0 Kudos

/16

kivi95

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kivi95
Accepted Solution
laughting at everyone that is saying oh this SUCKS so much... We should be happy that they are even giving something after all money they have lost on this.
0 Kudos

/16

Strider_X9

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Strider_X9
Accepted Solution

There are some ungrateful people on this forum, Sony didn't have to give us anything to be honest. Alot of people may not have played these games, and they are hardly going to give us brand new games.

Anyone who hasn't got PSN+ will get it free for a month, and that will also have free downloadable games on offer. Sony can never please everyone, but I think they have done more than enough.

To many people want something for nothing these days.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

frodouk

94%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
frodouk
Accepted Solution

Strider_X9 wrote:
There are some ungrateful people on this forum, Sony didn't have to give us anything to be honest. Alot of people may not have played these games, and they are hardly going to give us brand new games.

Anyone who hasn't got PSN+ will get it free for a month, and that will also have free downloadable games on offer. Sony can never please everyone, but I think they have done more than enough.

To many people want something for nothing these days.

No. People are getting something for nothing, people who have been loyal to the PS brand are getting nothing.

0 Kudos

/16

Strider_X9

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Strider_X9
Accepted Solution
Get over yourself mate, if you were a true loyal Sony fan, you'd accept the fact that PSN is now back up and running, and more secure than ever.

All I hear is people whining that they already have "this game and that game", maybe so, but there will be a load of people who haven't. I've had a PS3 since day 1, but I don't expect Sony to kiss my feet. Sony were victims of a nasty bunch of hackers, the first time it's happened since it was released in 2006, 3 weeks of downtime is nothing.

I think te fact they rebuilt it from scratch, moved servers, and got us back on within the month was quick work. Remember PSN is free to, and PS+ members will have an extra month added. What else do you want them to do?

0 Kudos

/16

bazzz

92%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bazzz
Accepted Solution

The details are back up on the BLOG

0 Kudos

/16

sole101

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
sole101
Accepted Solution

Strider_X9 wrote:
Get over yourself mate, if you were a true loyal Sony fan, you'd accept the fact that PSN is now back up and running, and more secure than ever.

All I hear is people whining that they already have "this game and that game", maybe so, but there will be a load of people who haven't. I've had a PS3 since day 1, but I don't expect Sony to kiss my feet. Sony were victims of a nasty bunch of hackers, the first time it's happened since it was released in 2006, 3 weeks of downtime is nothing.

I think te fact they rebuilt it from scratch, moved servers, and got us back on within the month was quick work. Remember PSN is free to, and PS+ members will have an extra month added. What else do you want them to do?

Dont dissagree with any of that.

I personally dont think we were actually due anything as form of compensation, but if they are going to offer some form of 'welcome back' pack then surely its not rocket science to see that most of the people who have owned a PS3 for a few years will have the games on offer?

Not going to lose any sleep over it, just as I said I cant help feeling a little disapointed.

0 Kudos

/16

Strider_X9

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Strider_X9
Accepted Solution
Just out of interest, for the guys who aren't happy with Sony, what would you like as a "Welcome Back" gift? What do you expect from Sony that's realistic in your eyes, or what you think the "true" core players deserve?
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Danlisa

• Beta Tester
89%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Danlisa
Accepted Solution

Strider_X9 wrote:
Just out of interest, for the guys who aren't happy with Sony, what would you like as a "Welcome Back" gift? What do you expect from Sony that's realistic in your eyes, or what you think the "true" core players deserve?

Christ, if they said any game that's older than 2 years on the PSN store, I would be happy.  Like I said earlier, something I wouldn't normally take a punt on. Folklore for example, good but old game, 2007 I think.  I would take that. Warhawk is another, coming to the end of it's life what with Starhawk around the corner.  There are options available to Sony in this instance.

0 Kudos

/16

Mikal_Drey

96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mikal_Drey
Accepted Solution
personally i didnt care so much about the free stuff but i was (and still am) looking forward to 30days of ps+

what the issue is for alot of peopel is that the offerings are awfull. LBP AGAIN ! seriously this game has been superceeded as well as the being the big signup offer for PS+ Quest for booty was a temp sign up offer for PS+ too.

the content on offer is a slap in the face for many LOYAL customers. I wasnt expecting much and the outage really never bothered me (im an offline player mostly) but time and time again i am feeling let down by sony. I used to be proud of how well sony treated us and how great the console was but now i get the feeling sony dont actually give a crap.

0 Kudos

/16

foursixzero_

90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
foursixzero_
Accepted Solution
Oh well, at least my PS+ sub is extended...
0 Kudos

/16

Dannehkins

99%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Dannehkins
Accepted Solution
Quite happy with the infamous offering. In fact, I am more than happy. It's one of those games that I liked the look of, but due to whatever was happening at the time I decided not to take the plunge.
0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel