02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Mature PS3 Games - Sexual Content

[ Edited ]
16 Replies 46,604 Views edited 11-12-2010

Hi, after completing Heavy Rain, I thought about how females are portrayed sexually in video games.

The scene where Maddison makes out with Ethan was handled with care and sensitivity. I would like to see more games with sex scenes, where the 'girl' is not a simple bimbo sex object, and has real substance. 

Lara Croft (Tomb Raider) was marketed as probably the 1st sex symbol I could think of, but even then she had to have big jugs to go along with those dual pistols.

I can't recall many 'credible' sex scenes in other PS3 games released prior to Heavy Rain?

What do y'all think? ...More (sexually) mature video games or no?

C'mon guys, you know you had a thing for Maddy...admit it :) 

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

Cpl_H1cks

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Cpl_H1cks
Accepted Solution

More (sexually) mature video games yes pls ;-)

0 Kudos

Re: Mature PS3 Games - Sexual Content

ADD MY MAIN PSN ID HERE ------->
/16

candy_mafia

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
candy_mafia
Accepted Solution
Um...did u actually play Heavy Rain?

....know of any other mature PS3 games>? :)
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

BiosNova

• Beta Tester
99%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BiosNova
Accepted Solution
I loved Heavy Rain and i did think the way the nudity was done with matrurity and nost just to show off.
0 Kudos

/16

Cpl_H1cks

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Cpl_H1cks
Accepted Solution

Yes i have played it why do you ask ?

0 Kudos

ADD MY MAIN PSN ID HERE ------->
/16

candy_mafia

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
candy_mafia
Accepted Solution
Cos u made no reference to it, and that is the basis of my thread. If u purchased it too then cool, cos these kinda games only get produced if the gamer supports them at retail.
0 Kudos

/16

RazerPhoenix

90%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RazerPhoenix
Accepted Solution
Fahrenheit, the previous game by Quantic Dream before Heavy Rain also managed to handle the adult content in a very mature manner, it seems something that the studio is capable of doing very well.

I can't think of other PlayStation examples, but Mass Effect also handled the sexual content and relationships very well. As much as I love Mass Effect 2 though, this was one element that was definately worsened in the sequel.
0 Kudos

/16

candy_mafia

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
candy_mafia
Accepted Solution
I hope a mature rated dating sim is published outside of Japan. I actually think it would rehabilitate some of the deviant disrespect to girls in that social networked video game we call 'Home'...maybe teach them a thing or two in how to communicate with the opposite sex :)
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Nakatsu_Hime

• Beta Tester
97%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Nakatsu_Hime
Accepted Solution
That will never happen. People in UK are still too immature when it comes to behaviour like that.

0 Kudos

/16

tim1987

55%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
tim1987
Accepted Solution

Catherine is out soon... This game will carry adult content 

0 Kudos

/16

BIGSI01

76%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BIGSI01
Accepted Solution

its slightly off topic but i bought lesuire suit larry thinking it woukld be as fun as the old P versions  what a let down

if you like a bit of grafic content try the saboutre  and use the gold ticket to get the girls topless in the berlesque house

it not full frontal if you get cheeky and try to get a glimps then they turn away slightly, spend 30 mins tring for a nipple shot lol

that was done good

looking forward to cathrine - let hope she is as good as my girl catherine

0 Kudos

OLD SKOOL GAMER 34 AND PROUD
Photobuckethttp://www.mygranturismo.net/24914
/16

candy_mafia

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
candy_mafia
Accepted Solution
Lol I don't consider a game trying to get female characters topless, then take pot shots at their nipples as 'Mature'. That's the exact opposite of the point i'm making.

I guess it sounds like a fun game if you like that kinda thing., but its not my kinda thing :)

Catherine! i'll have to research this game. That cover shot is awesome too :()
0 Kudos

/16

BIGSI01

76%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BIGSI01
Accepted Solution

nono you got me wrong  you  dont see anyting its tastfuly done

0 Kudos

OLD SKOOL GAMER 34 AND PROUD
Photobuckethttp://www.mygranturismo.net/24914
MVP
/16

QuietlyWrong

• MVP
95%
13 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
QuietlyWrong
Accepted Solution

It's a bit depressing, looking at the state of the art when it comes to representing adult relationships in a mature, realistic, sensitive manner. It's not entirely surprising though - consider that the vast majority of video games are closer to sports or music performance than they are to the cinema or literature that some aspire to be... And there's no more place for a tender sexual encounter in that context than there is in the Wimbledon finals. :)

RPGs and adventures have the greatest scope for story-telling, so would be the more natural fit for an exploration of human interaction. But because so many are marketed for all ages, we see very little exploration. Differences between territories in what is acceptable fare also vary greatly (consider all the grape-juice drinking that goes on in Americanised JRPGs...), which makes it harder to market a product.

I'm hopeful that as gaming itself matures and becomes more self-confident as a medium, we'll see more experimentation with themes. But it's unlikely to be a financial success - something for the indie scene. The increasing market for smaller, downloadable products is probably the ideal place to market something with 'niche' appeal. But to really get off the ground, we could do with the platform holders supporting the visionary developers in this regard.

I'm sceptical that we'll ever see Catherine hit European stores, but hey, fingers crossed. (Joystiq has been following the game's development for some time, but their previews may not go far in enlightening you as to what the game's like...)

As for other games... I haven't played any of these, but... Quantic Dream's previous title, Fahrenheit has already been mentioned. I've also heard that PC adventures The Longest Journey and Dreamfall have more mature themes, though perhaps not as candid as Heavy Rain. PC is probably the best place for such games, with no platform holders to worry about and easier entry for independent development. Not that I've heard of much along these lines. :|  Mass Effect got a lot of unwarranted prudish press attention for having an optional (and not explicit) romantic encounter, so there may be something to interest you when the sequels come out for PS3...

0 Kudos

-------
/16

JaySuthEFC

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JaySuthEFC
Accepted Solution
Can't really say sex/nude scenes on video games is my kind of thing
0 Kudos

/16

jorgie8

64%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jorgie8
Accepted Solution

I myself dislike to see sex or nudity in video games as i don't see the point for it to be put in games even to show love between characters as love isn't just about sex and nudity nor do you need to see sex and nudity between characters to show that they love each other like in ff13 snow and serah don't get naked or have sex, i knew they loved each other and im sure everyone else did and thought it was just as beautiful as i did, putting it in games will just make it like tv women naked or in skimpy outfits as we all know it's a mans world unfortunately but i myself am very much against the idea of it in gmaes, theres also plenty of other ways to enjoy that stuff like tv, art or books just please don't bring it to games i have zero interest in it.

0 Kudos

Monsters are created not born!
/16
28%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DoomerSedentary6
Accepted Solution

oh yeah, I think games need to be made for adults too, and you know adults love sex, next gen sim date games, and next gen sex games will be welcome to my ps3, psvita and ps4 collection :)

unfortunately I will stay waiting for greatness until they realise adults play video games

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel