By Logicintuwisdom

Logicintuwisdom

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Now the lack of attention to the PS3 browser is becoming really serious - no BOOKWORM?

100 Replies 1,161 Views Created 09-06-2012

OFFCIAL PROTEST THREAD!!!!!

SWTSMBOAAT is very unhappy!

Now we can't even play bloody BOOKWORM via the PS3 browser! 

Why? Because of this:-

Adobe Flash PlayerYour device currently has the latest version of Adobe® Flash® Player that is available for your browser.Copyright © 2011 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.

Someone tell me please, is there any light at the end of the tunnel or is it just the sad truth that because every damn site is constantly updating to the latest version of flash & Sony developers seem not to want to doing anything about updating same on the PS3 browser (or CAN'T - I read someone's answer on one of these forums somewhere, that there isn't any more ROOM to change anything on the browser), we the CUSTOMER, you know the poor sods who paid through the nose for the damn console & all the overpriced accessories, will now gradually be able to access less and less through this daft 'token' browser?

SOME OF US CANNOT AFFORD A PC/LAPTOP - WE BLEW ALL OUR MONEY ON THE PS3!

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

FooFan73

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FooFan73
Accepted Solution

ytevo79 wrote:
9 pages long? You guys need to sort your forum defaults out as its only 2 pages for me :D

However you view it it's still 95 posts too long :p 

0 Kudos

Re: Now the lack of attention to the PS3 browser is becoming really serious - no BOOKWORM?

Photobucket
/16

Wrathchild68

89%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wrathchild68
Accepted Solution

FooFan73 wrote:

Wrathchild68 wrote:

FooFan73 wrote:

For God's sake will you shut up!

8 bloody pages of your drivel and annoyingly long retorts

OK we get it, you don't like the PS3's browser but it's not going to get better. Can't you just let this thread die now?

It's 9 pages now lol.

I think it's time for the Captain Pickard pop-up facepalm.

You mean this one?

Facepalm-template-2.gif

YAY! That's the one. Engage torpedos number 1.

0 Kudos

Re: Now the lack of attention to the PS3 browser is becoming really serious - no BOOKWORM?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Recent observations conclude that in this day and age common sense is a super power!
/16

Logicintuwisdom

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Logicintuwisdom
Accepted Solution

I now think certain people answering here need some kind of S H O C K therapy - I thought my thread started out well, but it's now perverting into something extremely silly.................

:Stupid:

and your usage of photos of whom the rest of the cast off-set used to refer to him as 'old baldy' is most distressing to purist fans like myself, SWTSMBOAAT and presumably Sheldon Cooper as well!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

Logicintuwisdom wrote:

I now think certain people answering here need some kind of S H O C K therapy - I thought my thread started out SILLY , but it's now perverting into something NORMAL.................

and your usage of photos of whom the rest of the cast off-set used to refer to him as 'old baldy' is most distressing to purist fans like myself, SWTSMBOAAT and presumably Sheldon Cooper as well!!!!!!!!!

EFT

0 Kudos

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
/16

Wrathchild68

89%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wrathchild68
Accepted Solution

This thread is getting longer than a Rick Wakeman solo!

0 Kudos

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Recent observations conclude that in this day and age common sense is a super power!
/16

Logicintuwisdom

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Logicintuwisdom
Accepted Solution

Extremely............................S I L L Y!

:No-no:

0 Kudos

/16

Logicintuwisdom

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Logicintuwisdom
Accepted Solution
FooFan73 wrote:
For God's sake will you shut up! 8 bloody pages of your drivel and annoyingly long retorts OK we get it, you don't like the PS3's browser but it's not going to get better. Can't you just let this thread die now?
I'm still fairly new to these SONY forums, although I did spend alot of time previously on Yahoo Answers a few years back.
My current ID on here is a combination of three words LOGIC, INTUITION & WISDOM.
I love logical argument, but have no time for image enhancement, attempting to win popularity & I absolutely detest political-correctness, which I regard as a modern social cancer.
Bearing this in mind, perhaps you would explain to me, why with page after page of different threads from a kaleidoscope of people of different ages, races & social backgrounds with an extremely comprehensive choice of different forums - why on Earth I, as one individual in all of that - am causing you so much grief?
The answer is simple - don't bother with my threads - do I bother with yours? NO!
0 Kudos

/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

would be alright if i could understand his quote reply's

bah sell buy a lap top

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
/16

Logicintuwisdom

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Logicintuwisdom
Accepted Solution

GraphiteGB wrote:

Not affording a PC is not an excuse that works any more.

Only having this daft (and overpriced) wireless Sony keyboard that accesses the shortsighted PS3 virtual keyboard which then inturn connects to the minimalist 'token' PS3 browser I'm unable to quote more of your post as it takes from MY available post space - unless you can advise if there's a way to reconfigure said wireless keyboard & the way it interacts with the console & our CRT TV - yes I will be exploring the use of a USB keyboard at some point.

Your post was most informative & before you solved my PM problem, where Sony did nothing for which I awarded you a kudos point; but do you have to bow to pier pressure & be quite so spiteful.

I'm quite sure if I had said to you "Get off your asbo buttocks & check out the local scrap yard/recycle centre." &  "Just need to get of your buttocks." I would have been accused of 'making a personal attack' & permanently banned since Wretched_Hawk has given me a final warning for

(cont.)

0 Kudos

/16

Logicintuwisdom

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Logicintuwisdom
Accepted Solution

(continued to GraphiteGB)

having a more than overdue and warranted dig BACK at someone who has been constantly ridiculing me and my posts and getting a way with murder as far as I'm concerned!

However, your caustic reply aside for a moment - there were a number of points you raised that I wanted to come back to you on that were very interesting to me.

You mentioned "Companies chuck out laptop PCs just because there OLD only, not because their broken." & "check out the local scrap yard/recycle centre."

This was very interesting to me, since SWTSMBOAAT & I have realised fairly recently that the shop Cash Converters is a very good source for secondhand Sky Boxes - they sell them on a regular basis like hot cakes! Since, lazily imo, Sky doesn't give customers upgrading to Sky+ HD anything in the way of a part exchange or financial incentive for their old Sky boxes - so they end up advertised for sale elsewhere or in CashConverters who WILL give you a token amount for them depending on their age &

(cont.)

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Logicintuwisdom

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Logicintuwisdom
Accepted Solution

(cont.)

condition.

When both our bog standard Sky boxes went on the blink (at different times) we phoned Sky who wanted to charge £65 just to come down & basically swap ONE defunct box for a reconditioned working one - we soon realised that Cash Converters selling us one at £11.99 for a bog-standard Sky box & then £13.99 for a Sky+ one was a much better deal. 

I only mention all this, because I understand where you're coming from on the Recycle Centre recommendation.

However, unlike with Cash Converters & that second-hand route, I've actually been less successful with the local scrapyard/recycling centres, as everytime I've tried to get electrical gear that's been dumped there, there seem to be strict rules enforced by the people running not just one but several sites I've visited, that because the equipment has been at the site & exposed to rain & could potentially short-circuit when plugged in - they are forbidden to pass them onto the public due to 'Health & Safety' laws.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Logicintuwisdom

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Logicintuwisdom
Accepted Solution

Now I appreciate the council employees/outsourced agency staff that run these sites are a bunch of jobsworths flogging all this gear off to their mates or provides their stock for pitches at boot markets, but I wondered if you were talking about a different type of recycling centre to the local 'rag-&-bone' type 'dump' sites I'm familiar with; where the set up is 'indoor' or more professional, environmentally friendly & specifically designed to recycle it back to the general public or something. Do you just have a 'connection' with someone who works at one of these sites?

You also mentioned:-"You don't even have to pay for windows OS, Linux OS Is FREE..." & Running linux 3.2.25 ubuntu" - both these statments were interesting to me - especially the word FREE obviously, which was the whole point of your post.

I have heard of linux & have a brief understanding how this OS came about, but "3.2.25 ubuntu" went right over the top of my head -would you please elaborate &/or clarify?

END

0 Kudos

/16

Logicintuwisdom

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Logicintuwisdom
Accepted Solution
Wrathchild68 wrote:
Adobe will now only do updates for a PC or laptop, so blame them.
From what I understand, the browser used on the PS3 is some sort of variant of the MOBILE Netfront browser and since there's almost as many mobiles on the planet as there are atoms - do you happen to know why they're just doing upgrades for PC & laptops. 
I must admit, I think I've heard what you're saying before.I've said IT before, I'll say it again here - the lack of BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY is going to be the cause of the spiral bumpy road to Technological Singularity!
It's not really so much a case of IF, but HOW & WHEN!
Check out this link - and the ones it leads to - it opened my eyes - 
I'm sure if you wern't already aware, it'll open yours too!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUClTpac3g
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Logicintuwisdom

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Logicintuwisdom
Accepted Solution
Wrathchild68 wrote:
Adobe will now only do updates for a PC or laptop, so blame them.

I'm very interested in this reply. Please would you elaborate?
Didn't Youtube & Sony get together to produce the PS3's Youtube XL. Why can't Sony & Adobe get together & create Flash XL or something?
It's so silly, the PS3's capable of streaming all the main terrestrial channels except channel 5 - if you want to stream channel 5, you have to get a bloody X-Box!
It's all these licensing & rights to broadcast issues isn't it?
Mr. Custard-pie-in-his-face (didn't his trophy-wife get well stuck in with a nice left or right hook?!) UK government's arch-nemesis Murdock's old Sky Box seems to be a lot more efficient at getting this sorted.
We've got Sky free-sat (being as we're not going to be stitched up for £20 a month plus to receive a few odd extra channels (especially now Pick TV is showing Star Trek Voyager & Stargate Universe) when we can pay £20 for a minimum of 3 YEARS & basically have mostly what we need!)
(cont.)
0 Kudos

/16

Logicintuwisdom

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Logicintuwisdom
Accepted Solution

(Continued to Wrathchild68.)

However, yesterday our Sky+ box had a hiccup and when SWTSMBOAAT 'rebooted' it (I'd like to literally boot the damn thing sometimes with it's annoying red spot interactive button icon and it's equally annoying, but sometimes useful green programme bar reminder icon etc.,etc.,) we suddenly found we had More4+2 would you believe, our old ITV4+1 back, which has been on the missing list for about six months and much to SWTSMBOAAT'S glee the game show channel Challenge and the freeview side is often doing similar things - now why can't the PS3 and Adobe get their act together and be more like Sky in this respect?

People can't be exposed to adverts afterall, if Adobe keeps redirecting the PS3 browser to a bloody Adobe upgrade page!

Surely that's absolutely useless to everybody alround?!!!!

0 Kudos

/16

markpascua

27%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
markpascua
Accepted Solution

I know that this is out of the topic but I REALLY NEED HELP... :(

I will be replacing my internal harddrive and i want to know how to transfer the dc universe online that i downloaded to my external drive. I don't want to redownload it because it took me 2 days before I fully download the game........ :smileysad:

0 Kudos

/16

Logicintuwisdom

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Logicintuwisdom
Accepted Solution
markpascua wrote:
I know that this is out of the topic but I REALLY NEED HELP... :( I will be replacing my internal harddrive and i want to know how to transfer the dc universe online that i downloaded to my external drive. I don't want to redownload it because it took me 2 days before I fully download the game........ 
I suggest you repost what your asking on the tech-help forum or send a private message to the person I'm currently doing my long post to at the moment i.e. GraphiteGB - he seems to have a good all round technical knowlege, albeit a bit caustic with his answers - mind you a lot of computer people are like that - they see the rest of us as 'little people' which unfortunately, I suppose from their perspective we are - Sheldon Coopers everyone of them!
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel