Reply
Want to join in?

Sign in to continue

I have a PSN account

Welcome back!

I'm new!

it only takes a minute or two

  • 127

    New messages in the last hour

  • Get a response within minutes

  • 92%

    92% percent of messages responded to

07 Mar 2010
By iWinnett

iWinnett

  • Offline
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

One thing, which will dramatically improve the PS3

44 Replies 1,186 Views Created 07-03-2010

Voice com whilst playing a different game, xbox has this, why not ps3?

That's litterally the only thing I don't like about the ps3 (and the fact that you don't get a free headset, but it's not really an issue since all my friends have them).

 

The only reason I can see why Sony haven't done this is because xbox may have patented it, can someone shed some light on all of this?


Reply
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Beta Tester
07
/16

thenoobkiller

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
94%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
thenoobkiller
Accepted Solution

Reliability.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: One thing, which will dramatically improve the PS3

Beta Tester
13
/16

Jacko_the_lad

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
99%
13 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Jacko_the_lad
Accepted Solution

Because we don't bloody need it!

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: One thing, which will dramatically improve the PS3

02
/16

Zaiyan

  • Offline
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Zaiyan
Accepted Solution
Who's we?
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: One thing, which will dramatically improve the PS3

03
/16

PIatformer

  • Offline
84%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PIatformer
Accepted Solution

 


Jacko_the_lad wrote:

Because we don't bloody need it!


Yes we bloody do! I would love to talk to my friend who on Mass Effect 2 whilst i play on Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4.

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: One thing, which will dramatically improve the PS3

b.png

Award Winner
05
/16

James91

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
94%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
James91
Accepted Solution

PIatformer wrote:

 


Jacko_the_lad wrote:

Because we don't bloody need it!


Yes we bloody do! I would love to talk to my friend who on Mass Effect 2 whilst i play on Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4.

 


Pick up the phone.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: One thing, which will dramatically improve the PS3

02
/16

iWinnett

  • Offline
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
iWinnett
Accepted Solution

 


thenoobkiller wrote:

Reliability.


 

Oh sorry, I didn't intend for this topic to be about one thing you want improved, I was focusing on one major thing I think needs to be added and others' thoughts.

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: One thing, which will dramatically improve the PS3

Beta Tester
07
/16

thenoobkiller

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
94%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
thenoobkiller
Accepted Solution

 


iWinnett wrote:

 


thenoobkiller wrote:

Reliability.


 

Oh sorry, I didn't intend for this topic to be about one thing you want improved, I was focusing on one major thing I think needs to be added and others' thoughts.

 


 

One thing that would improve the PSN experience for me would be getting rid of the lag that happens when you press the PS button to access the XMB ingame. It's very annoying.

 

 

I can see cross game chat appearing eventually. Not yet though. The network needs to work better first.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: One thing, which will dramatically improve the PS3

[ Edited ]
02
/16

iWinnett

  • Offline
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
iWinnett
Accepted Solution

I love talking to my friends, and doing that whilst casually playing a game would be fantastic (especially on games with a free roam/career mode which is offline).

The ps3 currently has a voice com system whilst not playing a game, but I don't particularly just want to sit infront of my tv talking to friends. So it either has to be chat whilst playing the same multiplayer game with the built-in game voice com or not at all. Which is a shame.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: One thing, which will dramatically improve the PS3

[ Edited ]
03
/16

RaymondK8

  • Offline
96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RaymondK8
Accepted Solution
What we need is a party system similar to the Xbox360's.

The party system, for example in MW2 is just horrible. Sometimes it kicks you out, and puts your friend in a game that's full.
If we had a party system, this would all be solved.

And in that party system, we should only be able to talk to our friends, meaning people in the game shouldn't be able to hear us.

Cross-game chat - near useless.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: One thing, which will dramatically improve the PS3

02
/16

iWinnett

  • Offline
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
iWinnett
Accepted Solution

 


RaymondK8 wrote:
What we need is a party system similar to the Xbox360's.

The party system, for example in MW2 is just horrible. Sometimes it kicks you out, and puts your friend in a game that's full.
If we had a party system, this would all be solved.

And in that party system, we should only be able to talk to our friends, meaning people in the game shouldn't be able to hear us.

Cross-game chat - near useless.

 

That's what I was touching on really, yeah we need a better party system and cross-game chat is not near useless, plenty of my xbox friends say it's really useful for when you're just playing an off-line game (be it story mode, arcade etc) and you don't really need to listen to the game but you wanna chat, how is that useless? when i play skate 2 I feel really isolated because I feel like im on my own because of no people talking :(

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: One thing, which will dramatically improve the PS3

02
/16

sheikher

  • Offline
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
sheikher
Accepted Solution

mobile phone + handsfree or loudspeaker

 

now shut up about cross game chat ok bye.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: One thing, which will dramatically improve the PS3

03
/16

AfxBGD

  • Offline
98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AfxBGD
Accepted Solution

 


RaymondK8 wrote:
What we need is a party system similar to the Xbox360's.

The party system, for example in MW2 is just horrible. Sometimes it kicks you out, and puts your friend in a game that's full.
If we had a party system, this would all be solved.

And in that party system, we should only be able to talk to our friends, meaning people in the game shouldn't be able to hear us.

Cross-game chat - near useless.

 

Exactly why we need it! nothing worse than your m8 connecting to a diff server! hate when people come into these threads and say 'we don't need it', annoys me!

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: One thing, which will dramatically improve the PS3

02
/16

extermin8or

  • Offline
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
extermin8or
Accepted Solution

how did ino it wld b another pointless thread about this we dnt need it! if u want it tht much go buy a 360 -_- however the party system might be nice still it wld distract me sooo much imagine playing demon souls distracted O_o

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: One thing, which will dramatically improve the PS3

[ Edited ]
Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - extermin8or

Song of the Decade - Viva La Vida by Coldplay
02
/16

iWinnett

  • Offline
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
iWinnett
Accepted Solution

 


extermin8or wrote:
how did ino it wld b another pointless thread about this we dnt need it! if u want it tht much go buy a 360 -_-

 

If it's so un-needed and not demanded by people then how comes you knew it would be about this? It's quite obvious from my post that it is wanted.

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: One thing, which will dramatically improve the PS3

02
/16

vari34

  • Offline
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
vari34
Accepted Solution
Would love cross game chat, so that I can talk to only my mates in MW2, I really can't stand the in game chat (fair enough I can mute people and do). The text chat option already has an adverse effect on MW (seems to cause the game to lag more) so I don't hold out any hope for voice chat anytime soon.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: One thing, which will dramatically improve the PS3

Beta Tester
05
/16

fords30

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
99%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fords30
Accepted Solution
I'm not bothered about it personally but it is the elusive feature which seems to get requested again and again.

A question for the OP..Would you pay for it? If so, how much would you be willing to pay for such a feature?

Regardless, if rumours, 'leaks' and such are anything to go by then it's just a matter of time before it shows up.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: One thing, which will dramatically improve the PS3

02
/16

iWinnett

  • Offline
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
iWinnett
Accepted Solution

fords30 wrote:
I'm not bothered about it personally but it is the elusive feature which seems to get requested again and again.

A question for the OP..Would you pay for it? If so, how much would you be willing to pay for such a feature?

Regardless, if rumours, 'leaks' and such are anything to go by then it's just a matter of time before it shows up.

I heard of the playstation premium game-chat rumour thingy and tbh if my friends payed for it then I definitely would if it was a measely £5 or something, but if it was more and just included features I didn't want I dunno if I would, but I sort of trust sony not to have extortionate prices & not include things we don't want
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: One thing, which will dramatically improve the PS3

02
/16

johhny56656

  • Offline
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
johhny56656
Accepted Solution

the next f.w is ment to be due sometime this month and its for 3d so im not to convinced about this psn premium not having stuff in it a lot dont want as how has been shouting for 3d yet sony have ignored what loads want to put this in 1st , only 60 percent of home maybe less have hdtvs and yet they are focusing on 3d which has been about since the 80s and noboday wanted it back then and with the 3d tvs being £1500 in a recession i personally think its a very silly move from sony doing this just now . hdtvs are like £200 for a 26 inch yet as i said not even 70 percent of housholds have one of them after about 6 or 7 years. lets just hope it wont just be 3d in the next firmware  

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: One thing, which will dramatically improve the PS3

02
/16

iWinnett

  • Offline
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
iWinnett
Accepted Solution
What's with this 3D talk,not to go off topic but I've never heard of a 3D tv lol.

I do hope that the chat won't cost anything, because the chat will affect all ps3 players, "3D" will only effect the person purchasing it so it makes sense, but companies to me don't make sense :(.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: One thing, which will dramatically improve the PS3

02
/16

SuperDre

  • Offline
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SuperDre
Accepted Solution

iWinnett schreef:
What's with this 3D talk,not to go off topic but I've never heard of a 3D tv lol.

I do hope that the chat won't cost anything, because the chat will affect all ps3 players, "3D" will only effect the person purchasing it so it makes sense, but companies to me don't make sense :(.

 

huh? you say chat will affect all ps3 owners but 3d only the only the person purchasing it? so you tell me that the chat will work by my just talking to the ps3 without any hardware? wow...

chat is exactly as the 3d, you will need to buy some extra hardware to get it working... I'd rather have the 3d as the chat even though I don't have a 3d capable tv yet. but then again I don't care about both options..

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: One thing, which will dramatically improve the PS3

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel