Reply
Want to join in?

Sign in to continue

I have a PSN account

Welcome back!

I'm new!

it only takes a minute or two

  • 115

    New messages in the last hour

  • Get a response within minutes

  • 92%

    92% percent of messages responded to

17 Feb 2012
By SportingLisboa

SportingLisboa

  • Offline
72%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

PS3 Campaign - Need your help!

31 Replies 465 Views Created 17-02-2012

The Turok Multiplayer Revival Campaign (TMRC) was founded by PSN Gamer SportingLisboa in late December 2010, in-order to re-boost the multiplayer population on Turok as the gaming community had decreased to below 1000 gamers. Since Disney Interactive Studios & Quazal Technology have slashed Turok Multiplayer off our consoles in Feb 2011, the Turok Multiplayer Revival Campaign has recently been raising awareness to gamers on PS3 and people on Facebook about what has happened to Turok Multiplayer. It has been turned off for no reason. Disney stated we need 1000-10000 people in our Campaign for Turok Multiplayer to be restored. We have powerful global contacts from the gaming industry such as Capcom, Gameinformer & Eurogamer.

 

Read more on my featured article at Eurogamer .... http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-13-the-boy-who-wanted-to-save-turok


On July the 1st 2011 the Turok Multiplayer Revival Campaign recieved great news, that Disney had given in to the TMRC suppression and re-activated Turok multiplayer for PC and Xbox.

**************MISSION ACHIEVED**************

 

However our aims were never complete even on this day in July. Although this news was good, it wasnt good enough. We expect better! Now we want to revive TUROK on ps3.... again...

 

This SATURDAY WE NEED EVERYBODY'S HELP!

 

This saturday it will be the direct 1 year anniversary of the TUROK SERVERS being disconnected, this brings anger and pain to the 1000 turok players as this is still fresh in memory. We need your help! We will be taking over all disney related and endorsed facebook pages over as they ARE DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE OF THE TUROK MULTIPLAYER CLOSURE. We must raise awareness, and playstation you must  not let this go-on any futher.

 

PLEASE LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE as we will prepare everybody for the takeover.

 

http://www.facebook.com/TurokMultiplayerRevivalCampaign

 

PLEASE PLAYSTATION GAMERS UNITE... WE HAVE BE DISCONNECTED... WILL YOU HELP US!???

 

TMRC - Mission 'take out' disney.

 

 

Reply
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
02
/16

SportingLisboa

  • Offline
72%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SportingLisboa
Accepted Solution

Still no-one interested? Did I waste my time?

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PS3 Campaign - Need your help!

Beta Tester
08
/16

McNeilio

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
95%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
McNeilio
Accepted Solution
hardly a massive game imo

dont think theres much interest in it here sorry :(
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PS3 Campaign - Need your help!


Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956
06
/16
99%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Solid_Snake12345
Accepted Solution

SportingLisboa wrote:

Still no-one interested? Did I waste my time?



You posted this at midnight and it's now 1a.m. It's hardly surprising almost nobody is going to reply. Personally however I doubt a significant number of people here legitimately want it back. If I remember correctly it was perceived as a rather average game and considering it's been so long since it's been released and there were so few players I can't really disagree with the decision to cease the online in the game so as such I won't be supporting the revival campaign unfortunately as I can foresee, should it be successful, a decent number of players at first and then it would return to the few players it had before it was shut down.

EDIT: And honestly, if you're just getting people to sign and agree for the sake of supporting you the right decision was made shutting down the servers and not reactivating them. There's no meaning to the petition when the majority of people signing it won't even play the game and simply signed it for the sake of it.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PS3 Campaign - Need your help!

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
08
/16

McNeilio

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
95%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
McNeilio
Accepted Solution
he made the op 24hrs ago :)
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PS3 Campaign - Need your help!


Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956
06
/16
99%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Solid_Snake12345
Accepted Solution

McNeilio wrote:
he made the op 24hrs ago :)

Oh, sorry. Simply looked at the time of each post and presumed they were posted within an hour of each other. Thanks for the correction.

Regardless though, I think the lack of a response further indicates that there really isn't much, if any interest in the game here and I'd be reluctant to say you'd find much people that legitimately wanted the online service back so conjuring enough real support would be a rather difficult task. The Gamefaqs board is dead as is the Neoseeker forum and I'm quite sure there hasn't been a single post in the Turok OT thread on Neogaf, if there even was an official thread in the first place, (the only forum where you would legitimately get enough support if there was an interest in the game) since the game was released and there has never been an LTTP (Late To The Party for those who don't visit the forum) thread for the game so honestly, I don't think there is enough players to justify the online servers as unfortunate as that is for the few players who do want it back.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PS3 Campaign - Need your help!

05
/16

LarasAider

  • Offline
90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LarasAider
Accepted Solution

Is this the same Turok game that was out last decade?  I thought the op was on about a new Turok game. Well if it is the 2008 game in question; then Disney did the right thing in shutting down its servers. No server goes on for ages for any game. It's either that there concentrating on a new Turok game or cancelled the series altogether which was behind its downfall. Regardless of this petition;

 

what do people think of reboots? Cos' I hate them, The idea of forgetting everything I knew about in the past is ridiculous, especially when I have the previous game of the series right in front of me.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PS3 Campaign - Need your help!

To Gaming... Always Faithful.

Error: Undergoing Maintenance
02
/16

SportingLisboa

  • Offline
72%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SportingLisboa
Accepted Solution

So your undermining the fact that Eurogamer wanted to report this... along with the local news? And the fact that we managed to reboot the TUROK MULTIPLAYER for xbox and pc really does say something... I think you don't know enough of the details to criticise. That's wrong in my opinion and frankly it's rude. I've worked my socks off for this and you just blank it as though I'm being pathetic. Really rude and has offended me.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PS3 Campaign - Need your help!

06
/16
99%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Solid_Snake12345
Accepted Solution

SportingLisboa wrote:

So your undermining the fact that Eurogamer wanted to report this... along with the local news? And the fact that we managed to reboot the TUROK MULTIPLAYER for xbox and pc really does say something... I think you don't know enough of the details to criticise. That's wrong in my opinion and frankly it's rude. I've worked my socks off for this and you just blank it as though I'm being pathetic. Really rude and has offended me.


Eurogamer...along with the local news reported this because it's news. That does not mean that they agree or disagree with it. News is news. The fact that it's been rebooted for the Xbox and computer but not for the PS3 suggests there isn't nearly enough players on those to make it worthwhile, supporting the theory that people signed the petition because you and others asked them to but had no actual intention of playing the game. Do you have any numbers at all for how many people are playing Turok online each month on those platforms that suggest it would be worthwhile? We know more than enough details to make a judgement (however, if you are the one that wishes to convince people why Turok's online servers should be brought back than surely it is up to you to provide enough factual information to convince people that it's worthwhile). A four year old game, met with average reviews and selling an average amount of copies, with a dwindling playerbase (that was never significant to begin with) has had it's servers shut down. That is more than reasonable, especially the fact that they were up so long to begin with.

There is nothing rude about stating it was reasonable for them to shut the servers down and that we don't really support the campaign. You did work hard, yes, but that doesn't necessarily mean that we have to agree with you. If you want an example of this, look at Haze. They surely did work hard making the game but it was absolutely terrible and they ended up shut down as a result. The amount of work done, unfortunately, doesn't necessarily mean it was spent productively. I wish you well but I truly do believe that Disney made the correct decision and the fact that Propaganda studios faced such major lay-offs and Turok 2 then cancelled as a result, there is no need for Turok's servers to stay online.

Also, from the Eurogamer article you say "But the servers are pretty desolate," he admitted. "There's not many people. There's at least 100 weekly players, which I'm surprised [about]. And we try and organise games.". That is exactly why it's been shut down. 100 players isn't nearly enough to justify the cost of running the servers. Although it is commendable what you've done, it just isn't worth saving when there is so little players and even you yourself admit the servers are pretty desolate.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PS3 Campaign - Need your help!

[ Edited ]
10
/16

CrustyJockStrap

  • Offline
91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

working your socks off or not still does not change my opinion on it being a bad game!

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PS3 Campaign - Need your help!

Below is a Signature



Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
05
/16

LarasAider

  • Offline
90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LarasAider
Accepted Solution

As anyone wonderd why Bullfrog hasn't created multiplayer for Theme Hospital? I think I should protest for them to add multiplayer on the game.

 

 

 

 

 

Only joking lol. :smileyvery-happy:

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PS3 Campaign - Need your help!

To Gaming... Always Faithful.

Error: Undergoing Maintenance
06
/16

sotonsoldier2k8

  • Offline
92%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
sotonsoldier2k8
Accepted Solution

Look mate i've read the posts and i think you're wasting your time to be honest, the game is crap and thats obviously why they shut the servers down ok i think you should just let this one go and play a better game

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PS3 Campaign - Need your help!

02
/16

SportingLisboa

  • Offline
72%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SportingLisboa
Accepted Solution

sotonsoldier2k8 wrote:

Look mate i've read the posts and i think you're wasting your time to be honest, the game is crap and thats obviously why they shut the servers down ok i think you should just let this one go and play a better game



Charming, in-fact all of you are. Really? I do play SOCOM 4, and when they do turn it off in about 2 years time... I will also protest for it. I REALLY REALLY HOPE one day you log on to your wonderfully boring mainstream FPS games and the servers are switched off leaving you to buy new games and without the game you so dearly loved, played and made friends on. Admittedly the community was small and yes it was old, but these compaines can afford to keep a small server going... Have you noticed or ever seen any other multiplayer revival campaign before? No? Well if you had they haven't been successful. We've got them activated for xbox and pc. That is news getting them reactivated. There should never ever have to be a revival campaign, however this game still had 2000 new monthly players which is unheard of in a 3 year old game - I quote a propaganda games employee. It was unjust, hence many are complaining. I came on here looking for support, not haters and critics of the game.

 

Pathetic. The lot of you.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PS3 Campaign - Need your help!

10
/16

CrustyJockStrap

  • Offline
91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

SportingLisboa wrote:

sotonsoldier2k8 wrote:

Look mate i've read the posts and i think you're wasting your time to be honest, the game is crap and thats obviously why they shut the servers down ok i think you should just let this one go and play a better game



Charming, in-fact all of you are. Really? I do play SOCOM 4, and when they do turn it off in about 2 years time... I will also protest for it. I REALLY REALLY HOPE one day you log on to your wonderfully boring mainstream FPS games and the servers are switched off leaving you to buy new games and without the game you so dearly loved, played and made friends on. Admittedly the community was small and yes it was old, but these compaines can afford to keep a small server going... Have you noticed or ever seen any other multiplayer revival campaign before? No? Well if you had they haven't been successful. We've got them activated for xbox and pc. That is news getting them reactivated. There should never ever have to be a revival campaign, however this game still had 2000 new monthly players which is unheard of in a 3 year old game - I quote a propaganda games employee. It was unjust, hence many are complaining. I came on here looking for support, not haters and critics of the game.

 

Pathetic. The lot of you.


Why as we have our own opinion?

 

What the point in supporting this when I know I would never play it again? None

 

Hardly call it perthetic I would call it truthful!

 

Just like Turok?

 


Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PS3 Campaign - Need your help!

[ Edited ]

Below is a Signature



Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
02
/16

Funderthart

  • Offline
92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Funderthart
Accepted Solution

SportingLisboa wrote:

sotonsoldier2k8 wrote:

Look mate i've read the posts and i think you're wasting your time to be honest, the game is crap and thats obviously why they shut the servers down ok i think you should just let this one go and play a better game



Charming, in-fact all of you are. Really? I do play SOCOM 4, and when they do turn it off in about 2 years time... I will also protest for it. I REALLY REALLY HOPE one day you log on to your wonderfully boring mainstream FPS games and the servers are switched off leaving you to buy new games and without the game you so dearly loved, played and made friends on. Admittedly the community was small and yes it was old, but these compaines can afford to keep a small server going... Have you noticed or ever seen any other multiplayer revival campaign before? No? Well if you had they haven't been successful. We've got them activated for xbox and pc. That is news getting them reactivated. There should never ever have to be a revival campaign, however this game still had 2000 new monthly players which is unheard of in a 3 year old game - I quote a propaganda games employee. It was unjust, hence many are complaining. I came on here looking for support, not haters and critics of the game.

 

Pathetic. The lot of you.


Boo fricking hoo, welcome to the real world! :Lol:

 

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PS3 Campaign - Need your help!


WARNING This post may contain nuts.
02
/16

SportingLisboa

  • Offline
72%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SportingLisboa
Accepted Solution

Well judging by the sense of humour you possess and your 'real world' judgement I can safely guess your unemployed with nothing else better to do other then stare blankly at his pointless btec qualifications and will get him no-where in life. saddo

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PS3 Campaign - Need your help!

10
/16

CrustyJockStrap

  • Offline
91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

SportingLisboa wrote:

Well judging by the sense of humour you possess and your 'real world' judgement I can safely guess your unemployed with nothing else better to do other then stare blankly at his pointless btec qualifications and will get him no-where in life. saddo



True colours hay showing how nasty you can be!

 

Don't judge people that you do not even know.

Every one hides behind a persona on the Internet and your no different!

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PS3 Campaign - Need your help!

Below is a Signature



Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
02
/16

SportingLisboa

  • Offline
72%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SportingLisboa
Accepted Solution

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

SportingLisboa wrote:

Well judging by the sense of humour you possess and your 'real world' judgement I can safely guess your unemployed with nothing else better to do other then stare blankly at his pointless btec qualifications and will get him no-where in life. saddo



True colours hay showing how nasty you can be!

 

Don't judge people that you do not even know.

Every one hides behind a persona on the Internet and your no different!


 

 

Haha how very rich. Dont judge me then. I'm just saying the people could be more polite on here. A complement wouldn't go a miss. Of course your comments are valid and I listen to them, however I think that being critical and all 'negative' gives a very bad impression of you and does anger me slightly. If you have a job I really doubt you ***** off his achievements or say what he does is pointless or whatever. You'd agree and say something nice before perhaps then move onto the negatives. Basic manners here folks. I'll give you respect if you give me some. Look at all the above posts here and look how I've been treated. Frankly it's disgusting. Respect is needed here.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PS3 Campaign - Need your help!

02
/16

SportingLisboa

  • Offline
72%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SportingLisboa
Accepted Solution

Crickey I never knew sl** off was offensive. Apologies all round. Yet again Snake, I'll reserve you to your own opinion. But I disagree. Propaganda employees have collaborated with myself for the fourthcoming game I will be producing and they still actively particpate in the TMRC.

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PS3 Campaign - Need your help!

10
/16

CrustyJockStrap

  • Offline
91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

SportingLisboa wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

SportingLisboa wrote:

Well judging by the sense of humour you possess and your 'real world' judgement I can safely guess your unemployed with nothing else better to do other then stare blankly at his pointless btec qualifications and will get him no-where in life. saddo



True colours hay showing how nasty you can be!

 

Don't judge people that you do not even know.

Every one hides behind a persona on the Internet and your no different!


 

 

Haha how very rich. Dont judge me then. I'm just saying the people could be more polite on here. A complement wouldn't go a miss. Of course your comments are valid and I listen to them, however I think that being critical and all 'negative' gives a very bad impression of you and does anger me slightly. If you have a job I really doubt you ***** off his achievements or say what he does is pointless or whatever. You'd agree and say something nice before perhaps then move onto the negatives. Basic manners here folks. I'll give you respect if you give me some. Look at all the above posts here and look how I've been treated. Frankly it's disgusting. Respect is needed here.


I have not judge you!

 

I have been polite, I have not attacked you!

 

It's a opinion people have them get over it!

 

I have manners and give repsect I think you need to look at your replys before you start having a go at me

 

I have given you repesct! I have not insulted you or attacked toy like you have others

 

How you have been treated? You have been treating the people the same!

 

All I have said it is pointless for me to support this as I do not like the game and will never play it again!

 

How is that disrepecting you?

How is that attacking you?

How is that having a go at you?

 

It is my opinion Grow up!

 

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PS3 Campaign - Need your help!

Below is a Signature



Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
02
/16

SportingLisboa

  • Offline
72%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SportingLisboa
Accepted Solution

True colours hay showing how nasty you can be!

 

I rest my case your sir. good day. I'm not nasty, I'm angry. Pop down to sussex for a cuppa and then we'll see if I'm nasty.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PS3 Campaign - Need your help!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel