Simy

80%
02 Rank
Progress

PS3 Scratching discs!!!!

40 Replies 1,303 Views Created 24-08-2007
24 Aug 2007
By Simy
Anyone had their ps3 scratch discs? Mine has scratched 3 so far, the last one i have just bought for my son, it was a thomas the tank engine movie, after putting in the ps3 ,2 of the episodes would not play, i took the disc out & it had circular scratches about midway round the disc :mad: .As i said this is the third disc it has scratched so far , First time i noticed it i could hear the disc spinning & scraping inside the ps3, when i removed the disc it had the same circular scratches arouund the middle of the disc. Luckily the discs that have been scratched so far have been the kids cheap movies, but now i am begining to get worried in case it scratches any of my games or blu-ray movies.

Anyone else had a problem like this. I could post a pic if u like.
0 Kudos
LABELS:

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

r-Eeee

72%
02 Rank
Progress
r-Eeee
Accepted Solution
Weird, would you like to take pictures, just so that we can see what type of scratches it is?
0 Kudos

Re: PS3 Scratching discs!!!!

Moez is GAY

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

hodgy100

88%
02 Rank
Progress
hodgy100
Accepted Solution
phone sony and get it replaced
0 Kudos

The Sonic 2 HD project Please help!!!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

[HammersUK]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
[HammersUK]
Accepted Solution
my discs are fine not a single scratch

JOIN THE SHENME 3 CAMPAIGN!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

[Gothguy-uk]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
[Gothguy-uk]
Accepted Solution
I think your looking for the xbox forum lol .. if your ps3 did it it would be about the first case of a ps3 ever doing this ive heard about and belive me when i say ive seen posts about just about every complaint going imaginable .. allso id like to add that some childrens dvd,s and other cheeply mass produced dvd.s may be slightly thicker than normal disks if there is a problem the chances are the disk is about 1 mm to thick .. silly i know but thats what happens when you put crap into a high precition piece of eqiptment .
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Simy

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Simy
Accepted Solution
Weird, would you like to take pictures, just so that we can see what type of scratches it is?

I'll see if i can get a good picc.

I think your looking for the xbox forum lol .. if your ps3 did it it would be about the first case of a ps3 ever doing this ive heard about and belive me when i say ive seen posts about just about every complaint going imaginable .. allso id like to add that some childrens dvd,s and other cheeply mass produced dvd.s may be slightly thicker than normal disks if there is a problem the chances are the disk is about 1 mm to thick .. silly i know but thats what happens when you put crap into a high precition piece of eqiptment .

So why don't they scratch in my dvd player then..?
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

[viledust]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
[viledust]
Accepted Solution
just got my ps3 my discs are fine up to now but my 360 has always scratched my game and dvd's. the tray on my 360 gets stuck aswell sometimes:mad:
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

PSUKAnimal

43%
02 Rank
Progress
PSUKAnimal
Accepted Solution
So why don't they scratch in my dvd player then..?I would also like to know this, to me it sounds like a load of dingos' kidneys. :p You should probably phone Sony about it, I've certainly not experienced any problems like this, and I haven't heard of it happening to anyone else, maybe it's a slightly faulty unit?
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

[ace_combat_uk]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
[ace_combat_uk]
Accepted Solution
Yea show pic of the game and the disc of the scratch. :D
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

[HammersUK]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
[HammersUK]
Accepted Solution
just got my ps3 my discs are fine up to now but my 360 has always scratched my game and dvd's. the tray on my 360 gets stuck aswell sometimes:mad:

lol you should see my gears of war disc

JOIN THE SHENMUE 3 CAMPAIGN!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

[Gothguy-uk]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
[Gothguy-uk]
Accepted Solution
look at it this way all dvd players and game consoles are built difrently some have more of a clearence space inside than others from what you have said it hasnt scratched any blueray disks . the only thing its scratched are cheap <-- your word . disks when cheap disks are made there not that fussed about geting size n thickness dead rite and quite often they are thicker . to be honest if it even scratched one disk it should of been a big clue not to put the rest in . you cant be angry at sony for the state of some companys cheap disks .
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Simy

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Simy
Accepted Solution

Why do you need proof ffs.

Anyway there is my latest scratched disc, as i say no BD roms have been hurt so far & i got my ps3 on launch & this is the 3rd time this has happend.

look at it this way all dvd players and game consoles are built difrently some have more of a clearence space inside than others from what you have said it hasnt scratched any blueray disks . the only thing its scratched are cheap <-- your word . disks when cheap disks are made there not that fussed about geting size n thickness dead rite and quite often they are thicker . to be honest if it even scratched one disk it should of been a big clue not to put the rest in . you cant be angry at sony for the state of some companys cheap disks .

Who's angry? i'm not, just worried in case i loose my game discs as well, =,
Don't care who the company is, if it's meant to play dvd discs then it shouldn't destroy them should it? Or maybe you think it should ....Idiot.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

vertago

92%
02 Rank
Progress
vertago
Accepted Solution
That's an xbox fault not a ps3 fault, the ps3 loading tray is known as a secured tray. so if your getting scratched discs your doing it yourself or you have dropped your ps3 from a height.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

vertago

92%
02 Rank
Progress
vertago
Accepted Solution
Why do you need proof ffs. Anyway there is my latest scratched disc, as i say no BD roms ha Sorry didn't read your post correctly. Are the dvd's copy's? ie not legit. if so that maybe your problem . If they are, then your ps3 maybe faulty return it to the place of purchase and they should ring Sony for you for a reference number and you'll get a replacement there and then.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Smegzilla

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Smegzilla
Accepted Solution
If you have a DVD player, which you do, play the discs that your PS3 doesn't like in that. Quite simple. Just don't chuck anymore of those discs in your PS3 if you don't want the same to happen to them! :-/
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

[Gothguy-uk]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
[Gothguy-uk]
Accepted Solution
tbh i read over some of your past post s and i must say your not in the slightest bit anti ps3 so everyone should give you the benefit of the dout , if your that woried about it then take the matter up with sony but in all honesty i think its a disk problem more than a ps3 problem Good luck with that
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Simy

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Simy
Accepted Solution
That's an xbox fault not a ps3 fault, the ps3 loading tray is known as a secured tray. so if your getting scratched discs your doing it yourself or you have dropped your ps3 from a height.

LMFAO...Nice ....are you serious? Yeah i go round buying movies ,taking them home & damaging them. My ps3 has not moved since i installed it . Hmmmm some people on this forum are very suspicious about ps3 problems.....

@ Gothicguy-uk , @ last someone taking me seriously, i will take your advice onboard & see how it pans out. From now on no more kids movies in the ps3, but if any game discs become damaged i hope Sony will repalce them.

Ps I love my ps3 & think it's the best piece of kit i have ever bought.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

beatstreet

64%
02 Rank
Progress
beatstreet
Accepted Solution
something aint right and it could get worse if u carry on usin the console. recommend you phone sony first get some ammunition ready if the place u bought it tries to give u hard time, still under warranty though so u neednt be worried;)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Smegzilla

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Smegzilla
Accepted Solution
LMFAO...Nice ....are you serious? Yeah i go round buying movies ,taking them home & damaging them. My ps3 has not moved since i installed it . Hmmmm some people on this forum are very suspicious about ps3 problems.....

@ Gothicguy-uk , @ last someone taking me seriously, i will take your advice onboard & see how it pans out. From now on no more kids movies in the ps3, but if any game discs become damaged i hope Sony will repalce them.

Ps I love my ps3 & think it's the best piece of kit i have ever bought.

I'm sure if it's a fault with your PS3 and it damages any PS3 games there's something to cover that. I wouldn't like putting £50 worth of game in a machine and having it come out with deep gouges in it!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

vertago

92%
02 Rank
Progress
vertago
Accepted Solution
LMFAO...Nice ....are you serious? Yeah i go round buying movies ,taking them home & damaging them. hmmmm some people on this forum are very suspicious about ps3 problems..... @ Gothicguy-uk , @ last someone taking me seriously, i will take your advice onboard & see how it pans out. From now on no more kids movies in the ps3, but if any game discs become damaged i h That was a joke, read my other post . By the way I am on my second ps3 as the ethernet connection on my 1st console for some reason stopped working, so I returned it to the store they rang Sony for a reference number and five minutes later I was out the door with a new one.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Simy

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Simy
Accepted Solution
That's what i like a nice turnaround, but i bought mine online from Amazon, i don't think i will get the same service..... :{ ,

I will see how i goes, if it gets worse then i'll deff ring Sony to get a replacement.

thanks for the replies, looks like i may be the only one with this problem.....Typical of my luck.
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel