60%
02 Rank
Progress

PS3 Slim Crash

1 Reply 426 Views Created 11-12-2010
11 Dec 2010
By langersbcn

Hi,

The other night whilst streaming some media, my PS3 Slim (4 months old) froze and crashed. I got the YLOD and I could not turn it back on (I have had this on my launch 60 gig so I am familiar with it). The following day I managed to keep it on long enough to eject the disc and copy my game saves before it froze and died.

This morning I turned it on in the hope that I could delete my PSN network details, which I have done, I also managed to do a quick reset, deleting all my info and settings.

The thing is now, it's still on and working.

So, has anyone had this issue and managed to sucessfully keep their PS3 working. I dont want to have to go through the pain of sending it back for repairs, especially before xmas.

Also, does anyone recommend that I do the full factory reset (which says it will take 7 hours).

Im scared to put a game in yet, as I dont wanna see it die on me with a game stuck in it.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Scars69

87%
04 Rank
Progress
Scars69
Accepted Solution
If it`s only 4 moths old, take it back and get a replacement. So.... it is possible to get YLOD with the slims is it? Here we go again.. My slim is over a year old with a 500g HDD full of stuff. Oh boy.
0 Kudos

Re: PS3 Slim Crash

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel