Dan-Camz

80%
02 Rank
Progress

PS3 Trophies .... Whats the problem?

25 Replies 528 Views Created 12-08-2008
12 Aug 2008
By Dan-Camz

Before I start, i will apologise for making yet another post on trophies as im sure all of those out there who cudnt give a toss about them are just groaning in disgust.

Anyways, i hear recently that the new star wars game wont support trophies, u may say "who cares", but add that to the ever growing list of FUTURE games that arent going to support them , then i think there is at least some cause to care.

For example, most of these games will be released on the 360 too , and its pretty obvious that they will all incorporate Achievements in them. But what i dont get is why they can easily and without question or doubt, put achievements into 360 games , yet when it comes to the ps3 we have to actually wonder if they will put trophies in , and 90% of the time , they dont. All i ask is - Why the difficulty to add trophies when the xbox version is gettin achievements with ease and without question ?

Would like to hear ppls thots on this .... but not those who are gonna moan about the thread , pretty clear that if ur not interested , then why even bother to come on this thread if it is just to moan.

Hope to hear from ppl :D cheers guys 

0 Kudos
LABELS:
userbarz.comuserbarz.comPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Relenless

96%
04 Rank
Progress
Relenless
Accepted Solution
i agree! i dont get  why they wont do it. stupid devs :(
0 Kudos

Re: PS3 Trophies .... Whats the problem?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SpiderSpud

60%
02 Rank
Progress
SpiderSpud
Accepted Solution

Because nobody likes the PS3

Developer wise :P

0 Kudos

I'm too good for this forum.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Ollie901

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Ollie901
Accepted Solution
Because Microsoft have said that any game that is made for xbox must have achievments. Sony have said if you can be bothered to put trophies in then put them in.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Chuk_Chuk

77%
05 Rank
Progress
Chuk_Chuk
Accepted Solution

because the developers know they'll be insulted and recieve mass messages of disgust if they give us trophies for like watching the opening credit or getting past a certain level.

also from what i heard sony said after 2009 all games released will have trophies

0 Kudos

You can't save time only spend it.
Sneeze

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Mikelarry85

88%
05 Rank
Progress
Mikelarry85
Accepted Solution
i think sony should enforce this as a priority on devs. i have got loads of games here that could do with some trophy support
0 Kudos

Prepare Yourself!!!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

RZR666

60%
02 Rank
Progress
RZR666
Accepted Solution
too much effort to shoe-horn them in at the last minute.
0 Kudos

www.ps3trophies.co.uk

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Dan-Camz

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Dan-Camz
Accepted Solution

RZR666 wrote:

but i dont see why it has to be last minute, fair enuf a month ago , but trophies have been out a while now .... developers shud be aware of them and be implementing them in the same way they do with achievements by now

0 Kudos

userbarz.comuserbarz.comPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

wildthyme

99%
04 Rank
Progress
wildthyme
Accepted Solution

Dan-Camz wrote:

RZR666 wrote:

but i dont see why it has to be last minute, fair enuf a month ago , but trophies have been out a while now .... developers shud be aware of them and be implementing them in the same way they do with achievements by now

NO they haven't !!!!!! Trophies are still new. Come back in 3 months time and if the situations still the same then we can have a discussion about it.

0 Kudos

If you don't try you can't fail but then you can't win either.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Ollie901

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Ollie901
Accepted Solution

Dan-Camz wrote:

RZR666 wrote:

It probabaly takes years to make a game and trophies have only been available to put in games for a couple of months so it is last minute in a way. In a year or so probabaly 95% of PS3 games released will have trophy support.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Miketingz

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Miketingz
Accepted Solution

If all future games came out, they shouldn't have over 40.

I've completely fallen in love with Uncharted again and will be playing for a long time, for replay value and for the trophies.

But if there was loads of games out with tonnes of trophies like Uncharted, no one would have the time to get them!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ReignFury

60%
02 Rank
Progress
ReignFury
Accepted Solution
I'm sure I've read somewhere that Sony are to make the inclusion of trophies compulsory.
0 Kudos

ReignFury[] - brought to you by: tripletags.com

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Miketingz

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Miketingz
Accepted Solution

ReignFury wrote:
I'm sure I've read somewhere that Sony are to make the inclusion of trophies compulsory.

Well if that's true then that's good news!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

sensiblade

• Beta Tester
86%
04 Rank
Progress
sensiblade
Accepted Solution

ReignFury wrote:

I'd assume it'll come when home launches.

They aren't essential so i don't see the point of people getting upset about not having them in certain games. Doesn't make the games any better/worse. Just adds a bit of replayability to some games.

I play burnout paradise a lot and that doesn't have trophies at the moment, won't change me playing it a lot when it does.

It's still an awesome game with or without trophies.

0 Kudos

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Imagine how it would be, to be at the top making cash money!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

H-Marbrook

80%
02 Rank
Progress
H-Marbrook
Accepted Solution
The thing that annoys me is it seems like it's going to take ages for the number of games with trophies to increase.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

DeathroW22

• Beta Tester
91%
05 Rank
Progress
DeathroW22
Accepted Solution
Sony are making it compulsory for all games starting development in 09, so no real need to worry.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Miketingz

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Miketingz
Accepted Solution
Well I'm having loads of fun aiming for all trophies & platinum in Uncharted so hopefully the sequel will be just as good :D!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

zapiy

80%
02 Rank
Progress
zapiy
Accepted Solution

H-Marbrook wrote:
The thing that annoys me is it seems like it's going to take ages for the number of games with trophies to increase.

Yep this is the big problem, they are just coming out to slow.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

SpikyCat

• Beta Tester
80%
02 Rank
Progress
SpikyCat
Accepted Solution

Dan-Camz wrote:

All i ask is - Why the difficulty to add trophies when the xbox version is gettin achievements with ease and without question ?

I think the simple answer is, it's not any more difficult on the PS3 than on the 360. The key difference is that MS has made this a requirement on developers (i.e. you cannot release a game if it doesn't support achievements), whereas Sony seems to have left it to the discretion of developers as to whether or not they include them. In all honesty I can't see how they could have made it mandatory as so many games would already have been in development, so it would be unreasonable to demand that trophies are added in at a late stage when it might conflict with release deadlines to do so. However, there's no reason why they couldn't make trophies a mandatory requirement from a future date, and I hope they at least consider that. 

0 Kudos

Check out my blog: http://www.spikycat.com/

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

zapiy

80%
02 Rank
Progress
zapiy
Accepted Solution

SpikyCat wrote:

Dan-Camz wrote:

All i ask is - Why the difficulty to add trophies when the xbox version is gettin achievements with ease and without question ?

I think the simple answer is, it's not any more difficult on the PS3 than on the 360. The key difference is that MS has made this a requirement on developers (i.e. you cannot release a game if it doesn't support achievements), whereas Sony seems to have left it to the discretion of developers as to whether or not they include them. In all honesty I can't see how they could have made it mandatory as so many games would already have been in development, so it would be unreasonable to demand that trophies are added in at a late stage when it might conflict with release deadlines to do so. However, there's no reason why they couldn't make trophies a mandatory requirement from a future date, and I hope they at least consider that. 

I think they will have to make them mandatory in the end as clearly the uptake has been slow and Sony need to force the issue.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

Coffee_n_Donuts

• Award Winner
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Coffee_n_Donuts
Accepted Solution

I'm not at all surprised that quite a lot of upcoming games aren't supporting trophies and nobody else should be either. Games take an awful long time to make in most cases, sometimes as long as 2, 3 or 4 years. Sony only recently added the trophy feature and didn't give devs much of a warning about it. Why do people expect every dev to go back and restructure their games to incorporate trophies? It causes delays!

If Sony had given developers 3 or even 6 months notice then things might be different but they didn't so we have a situation where devs can add trophy support if they wish but don't have to. In the future I'm almost certain that Sony will incorporate trophy support into their working agreements with developers, much like Microsoft do to ensure every single game released for the sytem supports trophies.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel