TheChechen

31%
02 Rank
Progress

PS3 mouse and keyboard support.

39 Replies 761 Views Created 13-10-2011
13 Oct 2011
By TheChechen

Yes, its another one of those threads and its a shame for it to be my first on PSN. But the truth is, FPS games with controllers is just \fəkɪŋ\ ridiculous.

"Why not play on your PC?" you might ask. I got unlucky and every piece of it was fried. MB, GFX card, you name it.

I also know that there are about 500,240,999 idiots of you out there that say "M&K will give some players an advantage over others." However, everyone in the world can afford a $2 mouse and a $4 keyboard. But when it comes to racing games, $150 steering wheels are fine??! Even though THAT gives advantage over other players? Your argument is so full of crap, it needs a waste processing facility.

So what I want from this thread is one of two things:

1- We get our M&K support.

2- No more steering wheels for racing games.

And since there will always be that smart-ass that says: "Well, neither are going to happen." I say to you, you are a lifeless imbecile that took time to reply to this topic with just that.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

listamaphone

88%
02 Rank
Progress
listamaphone
Accepted Solution

does this thread have a point?

0 Kudos

Re: PS3 mouse and keyboard support.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

frodouk

94%
08 Rank
Progress
frodouk
Accepted Solution
1. Some do
2. No.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
96%
05 Rank
Progress
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

OP off you go and buy UT3 for PS3.

If you Don't Your double standards are massively shame full and any validity you have as a K&M gamer Will be gone.

Expect you to get the Single player gold trophy to show here..

http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/index.htm?onlinename=Thechechen in under a week.

If any one supports K&M use with out owning this game, then they dont support K&M at all.

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/1021979/Unreal-Tournament-III/Product.html

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester.

I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to youtube
Free Plex app for PS4 AND PS3 out now...

Black screen on PC remote play showing up as windows GPU driver miss match, visit Intell, AMD, Nvidia to change your driver, downgrade of GPU driver may be required.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TheChechen

31%
02 Rank
Progress
TheChechen
Accepted Solution

Lol I'd be happy to, except that I might not find that game here. I've been and still am a fan of UT 99.

I've played many FPS, RTS, 3rd person adventure games (Thief, Hitman and Assassins Creed to name a few) on PC and I had loads of fun using M&K. I got a controller for my PC once (the wired Xbox controller), it was for PES 2011 and NFS HP which was to some degree better than a M&K (or just KB in the case of NFS lol). I did try it with Black Ops on PC but I regretted even trying.

Point is, M&K is the controller that makes me happy. I'm supposedly trying to "entertain" myself playing video games right? But the controller is not reflecting my abilities which is extremely frustrating.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

rancidpunk

• Award Winner
99%
13 Rank
Progress
rancidpunk
Accepted Solution
You're right about 'another one of those threads' in all honesty. You can also throw around the 'imbecile' insults all you like at any potential answers you might not like. However, you purchased a gaming platform with knowing full well there was almost no support for your controller of choice, then post a thread telling the Playstation community that very same thing. The wise thing to do would have been to save a few extra £ towards a new PC

0 Kudos

My flickr
Down with nested replies, bring back quoting

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

T-e-X

• Award Winner
95%
05 Rank
Progress
T-e-X
Accepted Solution

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Firefox2000

94%
08 Rank
Progress
Firefox2000
Accepted Solution

Never understood the whole M&K vs Joypad...i still play MW1 on the PC and i use a 360 joypad and i can get some very respectable scores with it.

But at the end of the day if you buy into hardware that you know does not support features you want then there is not much you can do about it.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

frodouk

94%
08 Rank
Progress
frodouk
Accepted Solution

T-e-X wrote:

Mmm.. interesting picture for a PS3 forum :Lol:

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

T-e-X

• Award Winner
95%
05 Rank
Progress
T-e-X
Accepted Solution
there was no picture off the ps3 version, but one gets the picture ;)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

I can't use KB/M much prefer the pad even when i play on a PC!

0 Kudos

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

PhoeniX-J-five

92%
06 Rank
Progress
PhoeniX-J-five
Accepted Solution

TheChechen wrote:

Lol I'd be happy to, except that I might not find that game here. I've been and still am a fan of UT 99.

I've played many FPS, RTS, 3rd person adventure games (Thief, Hitman and Assassins Creed to name a few) on PC and I had loads of fun using M&K. I got a controller for my PC once (the wired Xbox controller), it was for PES 2011 and NFS HP which was to some degree better than a M&K (or just KB in the case of NFS lol). I did try it with Black Ops on PC but I regretted even trying.

Point is, M&K is the controller that makes me happy. I'm supposedly trying to "entertain" myself playing video games right? But the controller is not reflecting my abilities which is extremely frustrating.

If I were to take your view, I d say to you

Why are you playing a driving game with a keyboard. I'm sorry but playing a driving game with a keyboard "is just \fəkɪŋ\ ridiculous"

And why say no more wheels when I'm sure that using one makes others happy, and reflects their abilities.

Sorry but I also prefere Keyboard and mouse, and played FPS on pc since Doom!

I also have a PS3 and say, deal withit instead of moaning.

It's not like consoles just came out and you didn't know that they use a controller. If you haven't been able to transfer your abiliteis to a controller to, then I'd start to question your abilities as it's a level playing field for everyone.

Most poeple I know that are good on KB and mouse, are good with a controller too.

You either just need to play with it a bit more and get used to it, or give up.

You're also ignoring the fact that most console only players don't like KB and Mouse, and would choose to use a controller, which would then give an advantage to KB and Mouse users.

Causing The same problem as your steering wheel complaint.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TheChechen

31%
02 Rank
Progress
TheChechen
Accepted Solution

I understand what you're trying to say. I'm still topping the scores in Black Ops in most matches I play when I have a moderate to good connection but for example the sniping is extremely irritating trying to move sloooowwwwlyyyyyy until I can get a headshot (hoping he won't move). I play with a sensitivity of 2. If you want to see what a mouse and keyboard does, watch this:

My brother was reported for hacking (unofficial MW2 modded servers, I still have my steam version but too many hackers there make it unplayable).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSi8IT7hoz0

Now watch it in slow motion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhUW1lQ1y-o

That's just one tiny example of what we can do (and I'm sure you know all too well what a M&K is capable of). The thing is, I can't seem to turn fast enough on the PS3 because I can't handle the turn rate on the damn analog stick. Other players have a 10 sensitivity while I have 2. Don't you think THAT is a bit unfair?

I don't know what the problem is in adding the support, I wish Sony or some representative of a gaming company would just speak out and say what their reasons are.

I mean for Sony it could be because they want to sell their controllers but not everything can be played with a M&K, they shouldn't feel threatened. Not Ace Combat or Final fantasy... for me at least.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Iiah

90%
04 Rank
Progress
Iiah
Accepted Solution

TheChechen wrote:

But the controller is not reflecting my abilities which is extremely frustrating.

wrong. controller is reflecting your abilites exactly as they are - your abilities WITH controller. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TheChechen

31%
02 Rank
Progress
TheChechen
Accepted Solution

You know what you said is bull right? Its like telling a fighter pilot, to pilot his fighter jet, with a steering wheel and then when he says "I can do better with the stick, throttle and pedals." Then YOU say "Wrong, its reflecting your abilities with the steering wheel."

When I say I can do better with a M&K, it means that the controller is lacking something, which means it is limiting me, which means the controller is not reflecting what I can actually do in the case where if I had a M&K.

What the controller is reflecting is my limitations while using it, not my actual skills where I can perform an instant 180 degree-turn-knife-kill when someone jumps behind me, this is known as twitching.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

Warren_Jeeves

• Award Winner
98%
15 Rank
Progress
Warren_Jeeves
Accepted Solution

TheChechen wrote:

You know what you said is bull right? Its like telling a fighter pilot, to pilot his fighter jet, with a steering wheel and then when he says "I can do better with the stick, throttle and pedals." Then YOU say "Wrong, its reflecting your abilities with the steering wheel."

When I say I can do better with a M&K, it means that the controller is lacking something, which means it is limiting me, which means the controller is not reflecting what I can actually do in the case where if I had a M&K.

What the controller is reflecting is my limitations while using it, not my actual skills where I can perform an instant 180 degree-turn-knife-kill when someone jumps behind me, this is known as twitching.

You know you take gaming far too seriously when you compare yourself to a highly trained fighter pilot.:Shame:

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Todg23

• Beta Tester
84%
02 Rank
Progress
Todg23
Accepted Solution

can i be the 1st to say what we are all thinking? Shut the F**K up it aint gonna happen so get over it

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Iiah

90%
04 Rank
Progress
Iiah
Accepted Solution

TheChechen wrote:

no, it wasn't bull. i didn't question whether you can do better with m&k. i believe you. you may even be the best in the universe with m&k etc. with controller you are not that comfortable and don't perform as well as with m&k. don't play those games where you don't have the option to use m&k if it annoys you. nobody forces you to. these are JUST GAMES.

comparision of real fighter pilots and real jetplanes? riiight... real soldiers and real guns.. and "but sir.. they don't reflect my abilities. i need m&k for top notch performance".

never heard about  jetplane with steering wheel controls. even if it exists it sure doesn't come as a surprise to a pilot who has to fly that thing. same thing with ps3. is it surprise to you that most games are played with controllers?

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

fski

• Award Winner
97%
07 Rank
Progress
fski
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

T-e-X

• Award Winner
95%
05 Rank
Progress
T-e-X
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
96%
05 Rank
Progress
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

T-e-X wrote:

fski wrote:

Funnily enough...

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/3312/article/sony-announces-mouse-and-keyboard-controller-for-ps3...

:o O_o No ESC button!?..

Esc key is already mapped as O But its not wireless that a shame.. They have got the pricing wrong.. US$127. the original Sony Keyboard was only $40
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester.

I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to youtube
Free Plex app for PS4 AND PS3 out now...

Black screen on PC remote play showing up as windows GPU driver miss match, visit Intell, AMD, Nvidia to change your driver, downgrade of GPU driver may be required.
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel