22%
02 Rank
Progress

PS3 not working after Version 4.11 update

[ Edited ]
20 Replies 6,094 Views edited 19-02-2012
19 Feb 2012
By MUFC_9X

I downloaded the version 4.11 update recommended by SONY; however it has ruined my PS3. Now, when I switch the thing on I get the message "Connect controller using a USB cable, and then press the PS Button". This being done, another message is displayed:

"The system software cannot be run correctly. Press PS button to try and restart the system. If the system cannot be restarted, you must reinstall the system software.

Connect storage media that contains update data version 4.11 or later, and then press the START and SELECT buttons at the same time. For information on how to obtain update data, refer to SCE web site for your region."

I have downloaded version 4.11 from PS site; however after inserting memory stick into PS3 and completing the above instructions, it states "No applicable update data was found".

Can someone please help?

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

born2destroy

95%
07 Rank
Progress
born2destroy
Accepted Solution
On your memory stick create the folders PS3 > UPDATE > then place the update.pup in there and the ps3 should pick it up

Re: PS3 not working after Version 4.11 update

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MUFC_9X

22%
02 Rank
Progress
MUFC_9X
Accepted Solution
born2destroy, thanks very much for the advice, this has now worked and I am back in the game. Your an absolute legend....!!!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

born2destroy

95%
07 Rank
Progress
born2destroy
Accepted Solution

MUFC_9X wrote:
born2destroy, thanks very much for the advice, this has now worked and I am back in the game. Your an absolute legend....!!!

Its ok mate happened to my 80gb just after i got it. Thought it had broke and the ps3 wouldnt pick up the usb so googled it and found the fix.

Glad i could help & you are back gaming :Thumbs:

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

babyjames6103

23%
02 Rank
Progress
babyjames6103
Accepted Solution

Thank you so much for making that easier than Sony did , I truly do appreciate it!!!  Born you are the shizznit!! You just got rid of a big headache for me, I thank you brotha!                                                                                                                        Now, can you tell me how to fix my Microwave:Stupid:

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

hokfu3

21%
02 Rank
Progress
hokfu3
Accepted Solution

Hey man, thanks for your help.. i did what u recomended and it did start to update, it took a good hour for this hopeless box to be updated. Now after the millionth restart, it seems to be checking for update data.. we'll see what happens..

Your advice was more helpfull than researching the entire SONY website, i've been with SONY PLAYSTATION since PLAYSTATION 1, never had a problem untill i bought this disappointing overpriced PS3.

Im starting to lose my faith in SONY...

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Muttykins

92%
04 Rank
Progress
Muttykins
Accepted Solution

hokfu3 wrote:

Hey man, thanks for your help.. i did what u recomended and it did start to update, it took a good hour for this hopeless box to be updated. Now after the millionth restart, it seems to be checking for update data.. we'll see what happens..

Your advice was more helpfull than researching the entire SONY website, i've been with SONY PLAYSTATION since PLAYSTATION 1, never had a problem untill i bought this disappointing overpriced PS3.

Im starting to lose my faith in SONY...

Overpriced compared to say an I-phone overpriced ?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

babyjames6103

23%
02 Rank
Progress
babyjames6103
Accepted Solution

Sho did , thanks man , you are a legend , and the first real fix I found on Google , really thank you!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

checkeryou

21%
02 Rank
Progress
checkeryou
Accepted Solution

Hello,
I have got the same problem and i tried to fix this proplem as recommended by born2destroy but it doesnt work.I always get the same error message:
Connect controller using a USB cable, and then press the PS Button". This being done, another message is displayed:

"The system software cannot be run correctly. Press PS button to try and restart the system. If the system cannot be restarted, you must reinstall the system software.
Connect storage media that contains update data version 4.11 or later, and then press the START and SELECT buttons at the same time. For information on how to obtain update data, refer to SCE web site for your region."

The version 4.11 was downloaded from the official PS site; however after inserting memory stick into PS3 and completing the above instructions, it states "No applicable update data was found".

Any idea what can cause this problem ?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

ytevo79

• Beta Tester
99%
10 Rank
Progress
ytevo79
Accepted Solution

checkeryou wrote:

Hello,
I have got the same problem and i tried to fix this proplem as recommended by born2destroy but it doesnt work.I always get the same error message:
Connect controller using a USB cable, and then press the PS Button". This being done, another message is displayed:

The version 4.11 was downloaded from the official PS site; however after inserting memory stick into PS3 and completing the above instructions, it states "No applicable update data was found".

Any idea what can cause this problem ?

Did you use CAPS for the file names PS3 and inside that UPDATE with the PUP file inside that?

http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/support/network/detail/item48612/PlayStation-3-System-Software-updates...

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Jens_N

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Jens_N
Accepted Solution

Make sure the USB stick is in the second slot. For some reason that was the only time it worked for me because they Sony people are silly geese.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

REDFERN_09

23%
02 Rank
Progress
REDFERN_09
Accepted Solution

this is proper stupid, i done the update through the ps3 and the game was working fine, then all of a sudden it crashes when i was about to start a game on cod, now i have the same problem as other people on here buti do not have a memory stick, is there any other way of doing the update? thanks.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

REDFERN_09

23%
02 Rank
Progress
REDFERN_09
Accepted Solution
ohh its okay now i used my blackberry to create the same folders and put the download into that folder then inserted the USB into the ps3, so for anyone like me who doesnt have a memory stick then try using your mobile phone :)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

markrichards85

22%
02 Rank
Progress
markrichards85
Accepted Solution
I have the same problem downloading games then trying to install game freezes the ps3? I'm so pist just signed up to playstation + now I can't even play any of the games I have downloaded as the cOnsoles decides to freeze when installing! Also some games don't even finish downloading before the damn console freezes!!!!! HELP
0 Kudos

Mrichards

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

GLG_Sub-Zero

28%
02 Rank
Progress
GLG_Sub-Zero
Accepted Solution
Before going off to basic training and tech school, my PS3 worked perfectly. But now that I'm back, I got the most resent update, my system will not load my games. It will attempt to load, but the game won't start. No error messages or anything like that. My system has not been touched or turned in in months. Has anybody else had this problem? If so, any ideas as to how to fix it?
0 Kudos

Rise or die trying

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Starry23

31%
02 Rank
Progress
Starry23
Accepted Solution

has anyone still got this update file? ive got a ps3 thats doing this exact thing but cant find a working link for the download anywhere online 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

mont348

• MVP
96%
13 Rank
Progress
mont348
Starry23
Accepted Solution

This topic is really out of date we are currently on PS3 system update 4.80,this can be found in the below link.

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/ps3-system-software/

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Starry23

31%
02 Rank
Progress
Starry23
mont348
Accepted Solution

ok thanks heaps!

Ive downloaded the update & followed the process above but now at the install its stuck on 99%

ive left it for a while still nothing i also turned it off a tried the install again, ends up stuck on 99% still!

Any suggestions on how to get past this?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

mont348

• MVP
96%
13 Rank
Progress
mont348
Starry23
Accepted Solution

Start the PS3 in safe mode and run option 3 restore the file system,repeat then option 4 rebuild the database.Afterwards start the PS3 again in safe mode and perform the update via USB that way.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Starry23

31%
02 Rank
Progress
Starry23
Accepted Solution
Thanks for your advice. I can't get the ps3 to go into safe mode, every time I try the sequence it just loads back to install of the update. I've switched off the power & left it for a few hours & tried again but still loads back to the install & stops at 99%
What can I do in this situation?
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

mont348

• MVP
96%
13 Rank
Progress
mont348
Starry23
Accepted Solution

I think you may need to remove the HDD and try formatting it clean on a computer,if that doesn't work you may need a replacement HDD.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel