Reply
Want to join in?

Sign in to continue

I have a PSN account

Welcome back!

I'm new!

it only takes a minute or two

  • 122

    New messages in the last hour

  • Get a response within minutes

  • 92%

    92% percent of messages responded to

28 Mar 2012
By born2destroy

born2destroy

  • Offline
95%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

PSN Beta Invites Being Sent Out

[ Edited ]
20 Replies 2,620 Views edited 28-03-2012

According to a few PlayStation 3 owners, invites have been going out for a PlayStation Network Beta

 

https://twitter.com/#!/PlayStationEU/statuses/185017426335899648

 

"@PlayStationEU just received a mail from news@eu.playstationmail.com about betapsn, asking to enter psnid & pw for psnbeta. Legit ?"

 

PlaystationEU: "We've checked it out and the email is genuine and completely safe - hope it's for something good!"

 

So what do you think this psnbeta is?

 

Edit: The link the email gives is https://psnbeta.eu.playstation.com/index.php   Members have stated that its a new place for current beta testers to go rather than the old beta forums

Reply
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
02
/16

DEAD4EVER_UK

  • Offline
60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DEAD4EVER_UK
Accepted Solution

depends on what its going to do or change or improve eh :)

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PSN Beta Invites Being Sent Out

Beta Tester
04
/16

nathlee

  • Beta Tester
  • Online
91%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
nathlee
Accepted Solution

Don't know what this could be about  

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PSN Beta Invites Being Sent Out

Beta Tester
04
/16

kingfox

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
91%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kingfox
Accepted Solution

nathlee wrote:

Don't know what this could be about  



tis the cupboard for the pineapples is all :Lol:

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PSN Beta Invites Being Sent Out

Beta Tester
04
/16

nathlee

  • Beta Tester
  • Online
91%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
nathlee
Accepted Solution

kingfox wrote:

nathlee wrote:

Don't know what this could be about  



tis the cupboard for the pineapples is all :Lol:


 

Exactly! Can't see what all the fuss is about to be honest :smileyvery-happy:

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PSN Beta Invites Being Sent Out

MVP
08
/16

steven_dutch

  • MVP
  • Offline
85%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
steven_dutch
Accepted Solution

I would still rather wait for a confirmation by any of the mods here, before filling in my e-mail and password. Better safe than sorry. Would love to be invited though :)

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PSN Beta Invites Being Sent Out

03
/16

nlindz27

  • Offline
98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
nlindz27
Accepted Solution
Same got tricked with one of these on xbox before.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PSN Beta Invites Being Sent Out

Beta Tester
08
/16

eastavenge

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
96%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
eastavenge
Accepted Solution
Whoops, that was me! It was meant to be invites for my 'cat and carry' tea party next week, must've gotten mixed up.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PSN Beta Invites Being Sent Out

Beta Tester
10
/16

StuR328

  • Beta Tester
  • Online
98%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
StuR328
Accepted Solution
this sounds amazing, really can't wait to do some great testing :Thumbs:

















(pssstt, I heard Home is nearly ready for release)
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PSN Beta Invites Being Sent Out


|¬_¬|™
Beta Tester
06
/16

Nakatsu_Hime

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
93%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Nakatsu_Hime
Accepted Solution

steven_dutch wrote:

I would still rather wait for a confirmation by any of the mods here, before filling in my e-mail and password. Better safe than sorry. Would love to be invited though :)


If anything asks for you to provide your email and password, that would ring alarm bells straight away.

 

Usually, if Sony want to invite you to a beta-test, you tend to get a PSN code sent out to download the beta. They don't need to know your password.

 

Re: PSN Beta Invites Being Sent Out

Beta Tester
04
/16

MadforitUK

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
98%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MadforitUK
Accepted Solution

kingfox wrote:

nathlee wrote:

Don't know what this could be about  



tis the cupboard for the pineapples is all :Lol:


 

I wondered who hid that!!!!

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PSN Beta Invites Being Sent Out

Beta Tester
03
/16

stalker1982

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
stalker1982
Accepted Solution
ohhh interesting
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PSN Beta Invites Being Sent Out

Raptr Forum Signature
Beta Tester
13
/16

Jacko_the_lad

  • Beta Tester
  • Online
99%
13 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Jacko_the_lad
Accepted Solution

I want one! I want one!

 

Please? :(

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PSN Beta Invites Being Sent Out

Beta Tester
04
/16

kingfox

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
91%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kingfox
Accepted Solution

Jacko_the_lad wrote:

I want one! I want one!

 

Please? :(



well i guess i could give you a pineapple just dont ask about the smell or where its been

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PSN Beta Invites Being Sent Out

Beta Tester
02
/16

LiquidRunner

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LiquidRunner
Accepted Solution

born2destroy wrote:

According to a few PlayStation 3 owners, invites have been going out for a PlayStation Network Beta

 

https://twitter.com/#!/PlayStationEU/statuses/185017426335899648

 

"@PlayStationEU just received a mail from news@eu.playstationmail.com about betapsn, asking to enter psnid & pw for psnbeta. Legit ?"

 

PlaystationEU: "We've checked it out and the email is genuine and completely safe - hope it's for something good!"

 

So what do you think this psnbeta is?

 

Edit: The link the email gives is https://psnbeta.eu.playstation.com/index.php   Members have stated that its a new place for current beta testers to go rather than the old beta forums


 

Hi born2destroy,

 

I can confirm that this e-mail and the URL https://psnbeta.eu.playstation.com/ is legitimate. This is the new website for PlayStation European, Australian and New Zealand private Beta Testers where they can find the latest beta information, report bugs and much more.

 

The site is currently in the 'beta' stage itself.

 

Many thanks,

- LiquidRunner

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PSN Beta Invites Being Sent Out

[ Edited ]
------------------------------------------------
LiquidRunner (or just 'Liquid')
Ex-PlayStation Beta Manager

Don't worry, β Happy



Click here to track my posts
02
/16

unworldlyzombie

  • Offline
84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
unworldlyzombie
Accepted Solution

I wouldn't trust the link... its not legit if you ask me if you copy the link

 

 

https://psnbeta.eu.playstation.com/userInfo.php  and then put it into a google search it does not come up, where as if the site was legit then it would come up try it for yourself and see I did and therefore came to the conclusion that i wouldnt trust the link. 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PSN Beta Invites Being Sent Out

Beta Tester
02
/16

LiquidRunner

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LiquidRunner
Accepted Solution

unworldlyzombie wrote:

I wouldn't trust the link... its not legit if you ask me if you copy the link

 

 

https://psnbeta.eu.playstation.com/userInfo.php  and then put it into a google search it does not come up, where as if the site was legit then it would come up try it for yourself and see I did and therefore came to the conclusion that i wouldnt trust the link. 


 

Hi unworldlyzombie,

 

It is unlikely to be picked up by search engines at the moment as it is a relatively new website and has previously been blocked from search spiders whilst it has been developed.

 

To confirm - the link is safe and legit. Only our current private Beta Testers currently have access to the features of PSN Beta.

 

Thanks :Thumbs:,

- LiquidRunner

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PSN Beta Invites Being Sent Out

------------------------------------------------
LiquidRunner (or just 'Liquid')
Ex-PlayStation Beta Manager

Don't worry, β Happy



Click here to track my posts
02
/16

SickMick_UK

  • Offline
96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SickMick_UK
Accepted Solution

looks cool have not been invited yet tho. 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PSN Beta Invites Being Sent Out

02
/16

explora87

  • Offline
24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
explora87
Accepted Solution
How do you become a beta tester?
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PSN Beta Invites Being Sent Out

Beta Tester
13
/16

Jacko_the_lad

  • Beta Tester
  • Online
99%
13 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Jacko_the_lad
Accepted Solution

LiquidRunner wrote:

born2destroy wrote:

According to a few PlayStation 3 owners, invites have been going out for a PlayStation Network Beta

 

https://twitter.com/#!/PlayStationEU/statuses/185017426335899648

 

"@PlayStationEU just received a mail from news@eu.playstationmail.com about betapsn, asking to enter psnid & pw for psnbeta. Legit ?"

 

PlaystationEU: "We've checked it out and the email is genuine and completely safe - hope it's for something good!"

 

So what do you think this psnbeta is?

 

Edit: The link the email gives is https://psnbeta.eu.playstation.com/index.php   Members have stated that its a new place for current beta testers to go rather than the old beta forums


 

Hi born2destroy,

 

I can confirm that this e-mail and the URL https://psnbeta.eu.playstation.com/ is legitimate. This is the new website for PlayStation European, Australian and New Zealand private Beta Testers where they can find the latest beta information, report bugs and much more.

 

The site is currently in the 'beta' stage itself.

 

Many thanks,

- LiquidRunner


 


I love you, Liquid. :)

(This is how you get a beta badge, right? )
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PSN Beta Invites Being Sent Out

02
/16

Danieljay1

  • Offline
92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Danieljay1
Accepted Solution

this is likely nothing special 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: PSN Beta Invites Being Sent Out

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel