03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Playstation 4

[ Edited ]
90 Replies 914 Views edited 22-04-2012

If & when Sony decide to design & market a PlayStation 4, I would like to suggest they contact the long running & respected BBC programme Blue Peter. I'm quite sure with some sticky-backed plastic, egg boxes, washing up liquid bottles & of course copius amounts of that gooey white thick glue in the triangle bottles with the built-in orange cap applicator, that this institution of a programme will be instrumental in giving sound advice on how to develop the next state-of-the-art games machine and fully functional browser.

I tried to sign up with Yahoo Answers today, only one of the biggest and oldest Q&A sites on the net & my PS3 crashed repeatedly sending reports to Sony as it has done with Twitter!

And yet again today, tonight we seem to have had yet another. albeit short, impromtu breakdown of the network! I ask you fellow PS3 owners, seriously - COULD the people who produce Blue Peter DO A WORSE JOB?

No wonder Sony are $6.4 billion in the red this year!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17688368

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

Logicintuwisdom

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Logicintuwisdom
Accepted Solution

Ah well, I nearly got his name right - should have been Biederman, Leo Biederman was the character's name - before you all come back and set me straight about that like some of you did with such relish regarding my embarrassing faux pas over my 'irony' quip!

----------------- End ----------------              

0 Kudos

Re: Playstation 4

/16

Icarus21

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Icarus21
Accepted Solution
Jonesy said cut the crap out, just make a games machine and charge a fair price.

I can see where he's coming from but once you've made a console that can play high-end games and can communicate through the internet, all the hardware you need to make it do other stuff is mostly already there, so why not give it a web browser and streaming services etc. I use my ps3 for way more than just games, just wish it wouldn't crash as often. My phones browser is better, in fact that's what I'm posting on now.
0 Kudos

/16

Logicintuwisdom

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Logicintuwisdom
Accepted Solution

You wait until automous Artificial Intelligent systems come into being - you will then know the true meaning of the word AGONY and will look back at the foibles of the PS3 browser with a whimsical smile.

You wait until your droid starts arguing back as well as your wife - saying 'error' 'error' 'unknown error - this unit cannot pick the children up from school' and as for your wife - she's going to tell you all about how her droid didn't get the peas in the shopping - isn't that going to be like the definition of AGONY?!!!

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Logicintuwisdom

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Logicintuwisdom
Accepted Solution

As with the PS3 browser and every other bit of technology I come across these days - the droids I speak of in the future - will do just the same thing - they'll tell you verbally probably they can't do something - but won't tell you WHY!

Much the same as Sony PS3 Customer support on the phone does now - I daresay, said droids, in dry, electronic, expressionless voices will meaninglessly thankyou for you feedback, but will then go on to explain to you repeatedly that it is against the Mental & Physical Abuses of Autonomous Artificial Intelligent Devices Act 2000 and whatever, even as you are bashing their metal heads in with whatever is lying to hand - probably the droid that packed up working when you most needed it last week!

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

gazberotten

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
gazberotten
Accepted Solution

Heres some questions that i dare to ask and very few people on this forum have the guts or courage to ask. Get ready because this is going to be good.

How much of that 6.4 billion was lost with Sony forcibly removing PS2 Backwards Compatability from its users on  the Playstation Network  from the Playstation 3.

How much of that 6.4 billion was lost with Sony forbily removing Linux from the PS3 from its users on  the Playstation Network Playstation 3. Adding to that those who had to send in there PS3's for repair who needed a new mainboard with the updated firmware removing the features against the users will.

How much of that 6.4 billion was lost over the major PSN hack ages ago?

How much of that 6.4 billion was lost in compensating customers after the PSN Hack.

These examples will at least explain nearly half of the 6.4 Billion loss.

And for those who disagree with this post or

dont like my opinions you are not forced to

reply or like or even read this post.

0 Kudos

PlayStation 4 Thread Worth Reading check out

http://www.avforums.com/forums/ps3/1574671-playstation-4-a.html
Award Winner
/16

fski

• Award Winner
97%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fski
Accepted Solution

gazberotten wrote:

Writing off 300 billion yen of deferred tax assets would account for half of it rather than the outage. That's not to say your points don't contribute but I think the above, coupled with the struggling TV division would be far more of a factor.

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

Warren_Jeeves

• Award Winner
98%
15 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Warren_Jeeves
Accepted Solution

gazberotten wrote:

Heres some questions that i dare to ask and very few people on this forum have the guts or courage to ask. Get ready because this is going to be good.

How much of that 6.4 billion was lost with Sony forcibly removing PS2 Backwards Compatability from its users on  the Playstation Network  from the Playstation 3.

How much of that 6.4 billion was lost with Sony forbily removing Linux from the PS3 from its users on  the Playstation Network Playstation 3. Adding to that those who had to send in there PS3's for repair who needed a new mainboard with the updated firmware removing the features against the users will.

How much of that 6.4 billion was lost over the major PSN hack ages ago?

How much of that 6.4 billion was lost in compensating customers after the PSN Hack.

And for those who disagree with this post or

dont like my opinions you are not forced to

reply or like or even read this post.

I'm glad you asked them edgy questions as I wanted to but didn't dare incase the Japanese mafia knocked on my door. You are hardcore and live life on the edge I see, thank you for having the balls to do what we've all wanted to do for ages.

There again when you said "Get ready because this is going to be good" I was expecting something a little better from you.

0 Kudos

/16

Immortal-Wolf--

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Immortal-Wolf--
Accepted Solution
Sony lost 9.6 billion euro"s since this year in the stock market mostly my fault as playstation network banned my Immortal-Wolf- account.

Since february i told Sony im a major stock market adviser too bad Sony & playstation network didn't listen me.

By end of 2012 Sony will lose 42 billion euro"s going bankrupt. Told Sony playstation network i am an official with Call of Duty careers they didn't believe me.

They will now.
0 Kudos

/16

Immortal-Wolf--

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Immortal-Wolf--
Accepted Solution

Playstation 4 will never make development. Sony will be bankrupt by december 2012.

Heres Link to my Call of Duty Protocol

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-General-Discussion/CALL-OF-DUTY-PROTOCOL/td-p/1... 

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Logicintuwisdom

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Logicintuwisdom
Accepted Solution

Well! This thread of mine has been a real humdinger of an education - lessons in Irony not withstanding - but I'm concerned about  Immortal-Wolf--'s two replies.

I have two questions for him/her:-

1. If Sony do indeed go bankrupt whether it be December this year or later - does that mean I will no longer be able to get my arsed kicked on a regular basis playing chess in Home? Incidentally, while I'm on the subject of chess - why is it players that do wipe the floor with me (and that's most I play unfortunately - it's those bloody bishops and knights!) seem only to want to play three games before they buggar off? If I'm 'wiping the floor' with somone (and yes, it does happen occasionally) I really respect a player when he/she refuses to give up and continues to suffer the unrelenting and most embarrassing humiliation. The trouble is, sometimes their determination is such, that they end up winning and that's extremely annoying; but I would never limit them to three games or tell them they should -

(cont.)

0 Kudos

/16

Logicintuwisdom

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Logicintuwisdom
Accepted Solution

(cont.)

leave the table like some arrogant nasties have wanted me to do!

I suppose I wasn't challenging enough for them; but just because they may feel my chess game is weak, it's not always necessary to articulate it! Less is more - being thrashed at chess is insult enough - derogatory comments on top, just shows a lack of maturity I feel!

Actually, the last part of this question is for any one to answer - it wasn't aimed specifically at Immortal-Wolf-- indeed he/she may not even play chess!

2. Should I place a 'PUT' option with a broker on Sony's demise between say, December 31st & January 31st - I could do with the extra 'moular' either to buy a laptop &/or an HDMI TV & cable to get this PS3's browser to function more efficiently - mind you, if they do go belly-up - isn't the question of whether the browser works properly or not moot anyway - OMG! It's like one of those time-travel paradoxes!

Anyway, to backup my claims at the beginning of this thread:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COHN1DDxYqQ

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16
68%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BettySwollocks92
Accepted Solution

Logicintuwisdom wrote:

(cont.)

why do you keep calling someone a cont?

bypassing the swear filter isn't allowed

0 Kudos

I'm just a sweet transvestite from Transsexual, Transylvania
/16

Logicintuwisdom

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Logicintuwisdom
Accepted Solution

You Sir/Madam/transgendered silly person are trouble. Now i'

0 Kudos

/16

Logicintuwisdom

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Logicintuwisdom
Accepted Solution
BettySwollocks92 wrote:Logicintuwisdom wrote:(cont.)why do you keep calling someone a cont? bypassing the swear filter isn't allowed
This reply has all gone a bit Pete Tong!
Listen Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms/Transgendered Silly Person, you are trouble and know perfectly well that my use of (cont.) is an abbreviation of (contINUED)!
Stop trying to get me in trouble with Mr. Uphimself LordRoss Almighty (look I've probably done it myself now any)!
I have to do my threads in sections being as Sony saw fit only to allow a thousand characters or so when using their browser/virtual keyboard on low-resolution CRT TV's like I have - you are taking advantage of my TV's limitations and me - why don't you go out, leave me alone and buy yourself a new frock?!!!
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Award Winner
/16

fski

• Award Winner
97%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fski
Accepted Solution

I like this guy.

0 Kudos

/16

Logicintuwisdom

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Logicintuwisdom
Accepted Solution
fski wrote:
I like this guy.
Thankyou - you're a bit like those cartoons from The Far Side - but I like your ironic/cynical sense of humour - I think!
Do you know what peope, I think I'm finally getting the hang of this quoting business - isn't it fun!
By the way, has anyone got a laptop or HDMI TV they want to donate to a poor CRT TV owning ironically challanged novice threader please? 
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Award Winner
/16

fski

• Award Winner
97%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fski
Accepted Solution

:smileyvery-happy:

I'm a big fan of Mr. Larson's work. Anyway, back to the thread and I look forward to the next installmennt of your struggle with the quote system.

0 Kudos

/16
68%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BettySwollocks92
Accepted Solution

fski wrote:

I like this guy.

I like him too

and I know he likes me he offered to by me a frock :)

0 Kudos

I'm just a sweet transvestite from Transsexual, Transylvania
/16

Logicintuwisdom

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Logicintuwisdom
Accepted Solution

Now listen here, you are obviously a very mixed up gendered person - this is what I said:-

why don't you go out, leave me alone & buy yourself a new frock?

unquote

Not only are you having sexual confusions - but where in my quoted text above does it say anything about my buying (please notice the correct spelling 'bUy not by) you anything let alone keeping you suppied in frocks. You're obviously a very disturbed individual (or individuals, if you have multiple personalities as well as gender issues) & are seriously in need of councelling. 

Your supply of frocks is not my concern - I hope that's crystal clear now! 

I also have to inform you, I'm still recovering from your "I smell of sweat and lemon curd" in one of my other threads. Now everybody sweats, but lemon curd is absolutely disgusting - I hate lemon curd. How dare you trigger deep seated disturbing childhood memories like that - yuck! I can still smell it in my mind - I'd rather be forced to eat Bovril than be in the same room as that stuff! 

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

ytevo79

• Beta Tester
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ytevo79
Accepted Solution

Haha :D

File:Lemoncurd.jpg

I love Lemon Curd :)

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

michelle_tabor

• Beta Tester
91%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
michelle_tabor
Accepted Solution
I don't think I've ever eaten lemon curd, I often look at it in shops and think about it but dunno what to do with it.
0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel