22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Playstation Network Party Chat

38 Replies 1,314 Views Created 17-03-2012

Sony People, I think it would be excellent if you were to make a new update that includes PARTY CHAT. As you should already know, The xbox console supports party chat, this means that you can talk to your friends no matter whatever game you are playing, thus giving them an enjoyable time; however here on Playstation 3, it is only a certain amount of games that u can talk to your friends in, and if u want to be in a voice/video chat, you have to stay at the main menu, which is not very appealing at all

Also it would be more pleasurable for you to add in the support of mutiple accounts being able to sign it at once. For example, if someone was to be playing Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Online, and another person was at their house and had A PSN Account and wanted to play with them on the same console, then they could both sign and play online and level up together.

Furthermore, i believe that You were to establish this, the popularity of playstation 3 would boost up to imaginary levels

I am looking forward to hearing your response

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

The-Sea-Trout

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
The-Sea-Trout
Accepted Solution

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

The-Sea-Trout wrote:

Party Chat killed the fun of Xbox Live, down with party chat!!

No it did not, it got rid of the idiots who screamed down the mic.

Yes it did. Gone are the days where you could get some great banter with other gamers on Xbox Live, now lobbies are basically silent because everybody want to be in party chat.

The mute button was a simple and effective way to cut out any idiots.

0 Kudos

Re: Playstation Network Party Chat

/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

The-Sea-Trout wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

The-Sea-Trout wrote:

Party Chat killed the fun of Xbox Live, down with party chat!!

No it did not, it got rid of the idiots who screamed down the mic.

Yes it did. Gone are the days where you could get some great banter with other gamers on Xbox Live, now lobbies are basically silent because everybody want to be in party chat.

The mute button was a simple and effective way to cut out any idiots.

Still have loads of banter with my friends in party

-

I had all none friends muted any way so it makes no odds where I chat as I don't hear any one but friends.

-

One of the best fetures of the 360 IMO is party chat as we can cacth up with each other whilst playing seperate games.

-

No interest in talking to any random johny ot timmy.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Beta Tester
/16

ytevo79

• Beta Tester
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ytevo79
Accepted Solution
#yt__
0 Kudos

/16

kingchaz

94%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kingchaz
Accepted Solution
Never understood why you woulndt want party chat ? It's a brilliant feature, one I fully expect to be on the ps4.
0 Kudos

/16

The-Sea-Trout

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
The-Sea-Trout
Accepted Solution

Party Chat for me personally is not a big deal, I only use it on the 360 when me and my friends are playing the same game, if im playing another game on my own then I prefer to be left alone.

There is nothing worse than trying to play a single player game and then have somebody chatting away in your ear as your trying to keep up with the storyline.

Eeverybody bangs on about party chat as though its the best things since wholesale carpet but I remember when Xbox Live didnt have it and all you could do was private chat with a friend. Xbox Live worked just as well then, if not better,  as it does now IMO.

0 Kudos

/16

Blastiel

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Blastiel
Accepted Solution

If Sony want to improve lobbies being dead they just need to included a free headset similar to what Microsoft offer. It's the age old addage of using something if you have it but not if you have to go and buy it.

Party Chat is ok but only if your in the same game.

0 Kudos

/16

tyspec24

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
tyspec24
Accepted Solution

They cant do a party chat on a ps3 because of to little ram. the internal ram is only 256 and the video ram is only 256. There isnt any room for the party chat. but i think that they could just do a type of chat that you can be in the video chat and go play a game. they could the simply make a smaller box with the video and then you can play on call of duty for instense. Also i think that by removing the text chat room might help cause i find it a pain to have to text everything.:Sniper: Go to Http://www.youtube.com/tspec24 for more on this.

0 Kudos

/16

emw80

95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
emw80
Accepted Solution

There has already been some games that done multiple sign-ins on the same consoles, It may be down to developers choice and not actually anything to do with the console or any limitations as i can remember reading somewhere that you can have have 7 people playing on the same console, (Needs verified).

As for those talking about "lack of RAM", well take a little look back to the 80's and see what the Commodore 64 was able to do with just 64bytes. from those 64bytes you got awesome games like the Last Ninja, Sly Spy, Robocop.. and those were tape cassette based games (dont say you dont know what that is LOL)..  so what Im getting at is You'd be very surprised at what these tech guys can do with just 64bytes... even if there was a spare 128K or 256K!!

Lets not forget that the PS3 when it launched had NO 3d... yet through a firmware update we now have it as well as lots of other little additions so you can't rule it out unless the guys who made the console say otherwise.

Although i have to say i was expecting it on the PS3 with the arrival of the PS Vita... hasn't happend yet, but it still could.

As for actually having "party chat", as i remember on xbox360 being in a party was ok when playing the same game so you didnt have to listen to anyone else nerd raging at you etc, but when ever someone joined who was playing a different game it started to lag a little, then lag more with each new person who joined the party chat.

I'm not bothered about having it or not as i dont see a problem with playing the same game and using the already existing chat system in game... though it would be nice to be able to use the party chat to run through a single player game (Skyrim for example) with some friends who are playing it as well.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
MVP
/16

mont348

• MVP
98%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mont348
Accepted Solution

I hope CGC never appears in the future on PS4 or whatever. A lot of people say it's killing in game voice comms on the 360 because people are privately chatting fart and not communicating on the game their playing.

0 Kudos

/16

FooFan73

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FooFan73
Accepted Solution

Sony have said, officially, that it will never happen

Therefore........ </end thread>

#Muttykins

0 Kudos

Photobucket
/16

emw80

95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
emw80
Accepted Solution

FooFan73 wrote:

#Muttykins

Got a link to that official statement for everyone else to read?

0 Kudos

/16

FooFan73

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FooFan73
Accepted Solution

emw80 wrote:

FooFan73 wrote:

#Muttykins

Got a link to that official statement for everyone else to read?

Why are you questioning me? You've been here long enough to know it's true

However, because I'm feeling in a generous mood:

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/118/1189293p1.html

http://www.edge-online.com/news/sony-explains-lack-ps3-cross-game-chat

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-19-why-the-ps3-cant-do-cross-game-voice-chat

Need any more?

http://tinyurl.com/PS3xGChat

http://tinyurl.com/PS3xGChat2

EDIT: Sorry, just realised you may not have been actually challenging me. I hate the way that sometimes we can all read text and take it the wrong way

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Photobucket
/16

emw80

95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
emw80
Accepted Solution

I would question AND challenge GOD and everything under GOD.... BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA.... ok, no i was just asking for you to post the link so everyone can see for themselves.

But, I wouldn't rule it out in future... even if that future means PS4.. I really did expect it to be added in a FW when the Vita was released seeing as it has it.. you know all this talk of seemless connectivity.. or was that something else.. anyway back to Starwars the force unleashed 2 i got from the store for under a 10er!!

0 Kudos

/16

BlueSkiesXXV

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BlueSkiesXXV
Accepted Solution
With the PS4 hype train starting to build momentum, I would not expect too much in the way of new features for the PS3. The PS4 will have this feature and so much more and there will be many reasons to upgrade to the next gen :)
0 Kudos

/16

Clxmj

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Clxmj
Accepted Solution

^ Many useless apps and addons that we dont need no doubt. The PS3 freezes enough as it is just through using the browser.. Not to mention the lag when you open up the XMB in certain games. All i want is a console, not a pc or a machine that lets me ***** about cutting and adding effects to pictures.. just concentrate on getting the best in there for the games.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

nlindz27

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
nlindz27
Accepted Solution

mont348 wrote:

I hope CGC never appears in the future on PS4 or whatever. A lot of people say it's killing in game voice comms on the 360 because people are privately chatting fart and not communicating on the game their playing.

But can the ps3 game chat get any worse? ive never played cod on the ps3 but every other online game ive played (uncharted,killzone,medal of honour) the lobbys and in game chat have been dead. 

0 Kudos

/16

The-Sea-Trout

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
The-Sea-Trout
Accepted Solution

Most recently I have played both MW3 on the 360 and PS3 and to be honest I found the voice comms on the PS3 version to be far clearer than the 360 one.

0 Kudos

/16

leggy1975

90%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
leggy1975
Accepted Solution

nlindz27 wrote:

mont348 wrote:

But can the ps3 game chat get any worse? ive never played cod on the ps3 but every other online game ive played (uncharted,killzone,medal of honour) the lobbys and in game chat have been dead. 

That as with Xbox depends on the the game and who your playing with. Its nothing to do with Sony or even MS for that matter.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel