By [Zaeem]

[Zaeem]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Ps3 Tech Support Line - Great Service

5 Replies 307 Views Created 01-04-2008
Unfortunately i am one of the few (i hope) who's BD drive has messed up. Im not even a frequent user so its was kinda weird last night when as i was abt to switch off the machine, i quit cod 3, it locked n next time i restarted, the drive wouldnt read anything.

Called up support this morning and after a 2minute conversation answering a couple of simple questions, i had a date of collection for my faulty console and a delivery date of a refurb one (same day as collection).

Roll on friday, im lucky i get to work from home or else the collection woulda been a lot more awkward.

Id just like to say Well done to the guys behind tech support, having ur ps3 messing up is very frustrating and the last thing u want is someone questioning ur use of the console, they were extremely helpful. Thanks again!!!

Will let you guys know how the refurb works on friday! Im considering getting 'continuous play' before the warranty runs out.

p.s. I have the 60GB PS3, jus felt like braggin lol seein as this is my first post!Smiley Very Happy
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6 (307 Views)
0 Kudos
TheLostDestroyer
/16
43%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: Ps3 Tech Support Line - Great Service

That's cool. Nice to hear a good comment about sony once in a while.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6 (307 Views)
0 Kudos
lfcrule1972
Beta Tester
/16

lfcrule1972

• Beta Tester
89%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Sony Customer Service was excellent when my launch day PS3 died a few weeks later. I have told plenty of others that no matter what you can't fault their customer care line Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6 (307 Views)
0 Kudos
stix079
/16

stix079

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

ye top customer care service, i got my refurb one yesterday. it just looks like a brand new one.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6 (307 Views)
0 Kudos
GCLover
/16

GCLover

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

lol cant fault it. When i ha dmy faulty one it took them about 2 weeks to replace it.They never phoned me back i had to phone them.And they just told me i had one fault on the console never listed the others so did they just try one thing?I'll never know.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6 (307 Views)
0 Kudos
Saniman
/16

Saniman

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Thats good to know. Are they replacing your 60gb with another refurbed 60gb or a 40gb?

Is it me or have more started dying in exactly that way after the update? Havent heard of many problems but since the last update a few people have had the drive die.

Most of the worlds problems are caused by people who drive Nissan Micras

XBL: Saniman360
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6 (307 Views)
0 Kudos