02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

SONY PLEASE RELEASE UNREAL TOURNAMENT AS A DOWNLOADABLE GAME PLUS OTHER RANTS

11 Replies 281 Views Created 21-01-2012

Good morning.

Been a fan for playstation for years but quite sad to see some of the gamers going elsewhere due to the competition on offer.  This forum is basically a request to add some playstation features, im hoping enough replies  would encourage Sony to make some changes in a petition styled way- please reply if you agree.

1.PLEASE RELEASE UNREAL TOURNAMENT ON PLAYSTATION STORE TO BUY AND MORE PS3 TITLES

UNREAL TOURNAMENT - out of all my games this is my fave. I have   two ps3s the second being bought after the first one had a dvd drive issue. reluctant to send the faulty one in for repair as its the rare first edition with the extra usbs and  inbuilt reader. Anyway point im trying to make is - why cant we have more decent PS3 TITLES  at competative prices.

As an example UNREAL TOURNAMENT IS my fave and its not available to buy on the playstation store. PLEASE RELEASE IT. Itt will allow me to make use of my broken bluray drived ps3. I prefer my games from ps store to media that scratches all the time please release more good titles at a competative price fifteen quid for the original call of duty was reasonable. it would also promote more people on the playstation network.

the costing of some of the games have been rather overpriced -   fifa 12 for 54.99? come on this is too much when other game sites sell it for  twenty two quid.

PS has so many advantages over  other consoles yet they dont take advantage for them for example check out point 2, or the fact you can use an SSD drive, or bluetooth headset and bluetooth keyboard and mouse- way better than anything else on the market- but again - it aint marketed enough or theres no bundles - to help customers keep away from other consoles- come on sony take advantage and wipe out the competition. The hardware is even good enough to bin the BLURAy drive fully and only allow downloadable games like ios  it does work. and plus theres plenty of bluerayless drives on ebay that people can make use of just by having more games to download on playstation store. Come on sony at this time of financial hardship, get gaming affordable to get more customers.

2.play tv- any of you used this? how brill it is - better still when you can connect your psp to play tv and watch your tv anywhere in the world- was dead handy when I was abroad and watching british tv fine without lag. better still ps  iplayer  also works via remotelplay too- and so i rumble this drum and ask sony the big question - theres a freeview switchover from analogue to digital tv - millions of homes needing to upgrade by April - lots of potential customers.

The question is why dont sony market playtv more - its  a win win win  device , hardly anyone knows about it . perhaps bundling one with a console can encourage those to use the tech more or even buy the chattv application. Its a big potential  profit for sony if they advertise this product more before the end of the switchover- sony please do so

Finally Sony,  is there anyway you can put the full playtv application as  a playstation store download? if i scratch my bluray ever- i wont be able to use my playstation playtv on any console again - only a demo version is available on the uk store and the  playchat  is only a licence code- not a full application ie you need a working bluray drive to use it

3. REMOTEPLAY

Sony , Ive always been loyal to you with my psp, my sony remoteplay laptop, my remoteplay aino phone which is aging - because no phone since its release   has had remoteplay and the graphics chip on the aino is now outdated.

Sony couldnt you release remoteplay for a new phone, perhaps an update on your latest android playstation phone or even better- take advantage of other markets by getting a remoteplay app for the iphone. another  wicked technology not being marketed enough by sony.

Sony your console  is better hardware wise and innovationwise than any other- it should be on number one slot in the sales- but quite simply the marketing the promotions are not there. Please be number one again.

4. PS3 EXTENDED ACCOUNT- lack of free content these past  2 Months:

I dont mean to  complain but,  ive been disappointed  with the lack of free content this month - im now on my 7th month and every month has been brill apart from the last one - how about some good quality freebees to help push people away from other consoles and stick with sony - if the next 5 months  are as disappointing as this months - I might as well go elsewhere.

Some of the content has been brill dont get me wrong, burnout paradise, the  crash bandicoots. tomb raiders, speedball,. How about some more decent content? a god of war series perhaps or a shadow of collosis or even a final fantasy series.

So as a loyal gamer I hope  you can do some of the above- perhaps others out there also agree and can reply? Ive always remained loyal to sony but im disappointed to see it go the same way as kodak at this rate if  Sony doesnt involve quick enough.

Any replies would be appreciative- I hope I am not the only one out there who feels this way.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

pureg

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
pureg
Accepted Solution

Downloading is the way the future will be , but many on this site would love nothing more then for it to just die and go away (they like to sell there used games). Sony could really learn a few things from steam, they have amazing deals every week and its worth logging on just to look.

The price from what i have read is what it is now because sony dint want to upset store retailers by offering games at lower prices (even though this really should be the way it is), as it could lose then shelf space in stores. The fact is that if people keep buying games at these crazy prices it will be our future ( sony must be happy as they are not only knocking out the middle man but also getting more then what the retailer would have got).

I am all up for download only but backwards compatibility has to be there in full support, my games have got to work on each new system i buy.

Play TV is a good option but it needs a hardware update so it can work with our HDTV network, and right now only 2 places use DVB-T2 us and Italy. So its not the biggest market for any new hardware. Still the all in one set top box is definitely the way to go. (Microsoft is hiring TV executives  for its own streaming Xbox TV channel)

Remote play is a nice feature but i only ever used it one time and that was to just try it out. would have had more use for it if i had playTV. The problem i see is that its not easy to set up , this really needs to be streamlined maybe and auto config when it sees you log in with the same account on both.

0 Kudos

Re: SONY PLEASE RELEASE UNREAL TOURNAMENT AS A DOWNLOADABLE GAME PLUS OTHER RANTS

PS3, Wii , 360 , Gaming PC
Now this is living
/16

FooFan73

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FooFan73
Accepted Solution

Do you mean Unreal Tournamant 3, a retail title on the PS3 or the original Unreal Tournament from the turn of the noughties?

If you meant UT3 then I have to say no as the game can be picked up second hand for only a few pounds and a download version on teh store would be grossly over-priced

If however you mean the first UT game then I'm with you all the way

0 Kudos

Re: SONY PLEASE RELEASE UNREAL TOURNAMENT AS A DOWNLOADABLE GAME PLUS OTHER RANTS

Photobucket
/16

emporiogaarmani

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
emporiogaarmani
Accepted Solution

Exactly unreal 3. yes its only a few pounds elsewhere and is a total bargain especially on the sniper servers but if you got a ps3 with a non working bluray drive your not able to exactly use cheap discs :[

Point im making is  one way sony can really impact their competitors is getting rid of the bluray drives and selling more games on there store at a competative price-  theres so many cheap faulty ps3s on ebay without working bluray drives and it could be a great way to get sony to buy official games and at the same time get gaming affordable.

0 Kudos

/16

pureg

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
pureg
Accepted Solution

emporiogaarmani wrote:

Exactly unreal 3. yes its only a few pounds elsewhere and is a total bargain especially on the sniper servers but if you got a ps3 with a non working bluray drive your not able to exactly use cheap discs :[

Point im making is  one way sony can really impact their competitors is getting rid of the bluray drives and selling more games on there store at a competative price-  theres so many cheap faulty ps3s on ebay without working bluray drives and it could be a great way to get sony to buy official games and at the same time get gaming affordable.

going download only right now is a big mistake, you just have to listen to they way its talked about on here. Most people dont want that to happen, that will change over time as downloading becomes more mainstream.

Systems like onlive (cloud based) are really the future not consoles

0 Kudos

Now this is living
/16

Mikal_Drey

96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mikal_Drey
Accepted Solution

pureg wrote:

going download only right now is a big mistake, you just have to listen to they way its talked about on here. Most people dont want that to happen

I wouldnt say that people are against download only.  PSN and XBL games are all well recieved.  what people are against is the pricing of the digital content when compared to retail. 

people dont lke being taken for a sucker.  digital costs are considerably less than traditional retail discs.

its not even the cost thats the main issue.  Digital is comming with some severe constraints   regardless of the whole game sharing debate the perception is that locking of digital content is not user friendly. 

chuck in the future of the ps3 and you begin to wonder what direction digital is going. 

digital is good but their implementation is shocking

0 Kudos

/16

pureg

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
pureg
Accepted Solution

Mikal_Drey wrote:

pureg wrote:

going download only right now is a big mistake, you just have to listen to they way its talked about on here. Most people dont want that to happen

I wouldnt say that people are against download only.  PSN and XBL games are all well recieved.  what people are against is the pricing of the digital content when compared to retail. 

people dont lke being taken for a sucker.  digital costs are considerably less than traditional retail discs.

its not even the cost thats the main issue.  Digital is comming with some severe constraints   regardless of the whole game sharing debate the perception is that locking of digital content is not user friendly. 

chuck in the future of the ps3 and you begin to wonder what direction digital is going. 

That's why i like the way Steam does things, games are locked to users but you can run them on any computer you are on. The only thing is you need to be online to play your games, not a big problem these days with our Internet connections. They also sell multi-packs of games for a discount and you can send them through steam. Me and a mate when half each on the left4dead 4 game pack and got 75% off, its the way i by most multiplayer games now as both me and my son play them.

Nothing to stop sony doing some thing like this, although i know some people would not like this as they put there game on other peoples machines (game sharing).

0 Kudos

Now this is living
/16
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LittleBigDragonz
Accepted Solution

pureg wrote:

Mikal_Drey wrote:

pureg wrote:

That's why i like the way Steam does things, games are locked to users but you can run them on any computer you are on. The only thing is you need to be online to play your games, not a big problem these days with our Internet connections. They also sell multi-packs of games for a discount and you can send them through steam. Me and a mate when half each on the left4dead 4 game pack and got 75% off, its the way i by most multiplayer games now as both me and my son play them.

Nothing to stop sony doing some thing like this, although i know some people would not like this as they put there game on other peoples machines (game sharing).

This is a problem. But not a problem with offline gaming.

What happens when ISP screw the customers B-Band up and need to take the people offline for a week or two? Or ( until sorted ). Or if a problem happens that's no-ones fault, and you need a " Lift And Shift "? which means you have to wait for this to take place and could be having really bad online problems? ( No gaming online in other words )

Or there is just parents that don't want their kids consoles online whatsoever, and want games offline so that they are safe from online abuse?

Or where some ISP use capped features so you can't use online gaming to it's full potential?

There's so many other reasons why going download right now is a big mistake compared to what it's like right now as shown above. 

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

ytevo79

• Beta Tester
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ytevo79
Accepted Solution

emporiogaarmani wrote:

I think Sony would rather you fixed your console, or bought a new one before they do this for people like you with a broken drive. Just get it fixed, new drives are about £30 - £40 from ebay and anyone who can weild a screw driver can fix one. Then you can play all the games you like.

Besides, its not up to Sony (as far as I'm aware), but the publisher of the game which would be Midway Games.

0 Kudos

/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

emporiogaarmani wrote:

Many people would leave the PS brand.

1, No disc drive so you can't pick up cheap games, play moves from disc

2, Download only Sony and the publishers fix the price games would then be £40 to £60

3 People like the choice

4, that happened with the ps4 more people would drop the Ps4.

5, many BB connections would not handle the downloads, people with CAPS, people with slow downloads.

0 Kudos

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
MVP
/16

castaway666

• MVP
96%
14 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
castaway666
Accepted Solution
+1 to Crustys post, not much more can really be said on this matter. to quote a once great band, Busted - I've been to the year three thousand
not much has changed but they lived under water, and your great great great grand daughter, has a download only Playstation.

ok so maybe there was some words I got mixed up.

0 Kudos

/16

emporiogaarmani

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
emporiogaarmani
Accepted Solution

Yes true an HD version of playtv be brill too. Im happy enough with my freeview version at the moment though its a shame more people dont know about the chat tv- all the chat while watching the african cup of nations for example would be brill.  the chatrooms while the olympics and euro 2012 could be another brill thing for this.

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel