Reply
Want to join in?

Sign in to continue

I have a PSN account

Welcome back!

I'm new!

it only takes a minute or two

  • 73

    New messages in the last hour

  • Get a response within minutes

  • 92%

    92% percent of messages responded to

06 Nov 2010
By steven_dutch

steven_dutch

  • MVP
  • Offline
85%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Sims 3 Game Save Freezing *warning*

106 Replies 15,563 Views Created 06-11-2010

Not sure this is the right place to post it, but I'll do it anyways.

 

The Sims 3 (PS3) just froze on me whilst saving, therefore losing the save.
I selected the file I wanted the game to be saved on, and it just froze on the actual saving screen.

I therefore advise anyone playing the game on this platform to create multiples saves and backing up to make sure the loss isn't as great as mine :Frown:

Reply
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Award Winner
09
/16

shanethegooner

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
94%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
shanethegooner
Accepted Solution

You sure it wasn't just saving? :Lol: Photobucket

 

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Sims 3 Game Save Freezing *warning*

MVP
08
/16

steven_dutch

  • MVP
  • Offline
85%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
steven_dutch
Accepted Solution

 


shanethegooner schreef:

You sure it wasn't just saving? :Lol: Photobucket

 

 


 

Not sure what you're getting at.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Sims 3 Game Save Freezing *warning*

02
/16

ShadowChicken

  • Offline
31%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ShadowChicken
Accepted Solution

Yep I have the same problem. A google search reveals this is affecting lots of people, so it isn't just you.

 

When you go to save the screen comes up with the spinning icon and then just sits there. I have left it going over nearly two hours and in the end had to quit it.

 

How can EA release a game that won't let you save?

 

People have tried deleting their save data, deleting their game data and even getting a new copy of the game. Nothing works. Apparently the response from EA has been (I'll try to be polite) rather disappointing.

 

Looks like I'll have to return this game to the store for a full refund. I hope everyone else does the same. It appears to be the only way EA listens to its' customers anymore.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Sims 3 Game Save Freezing *warning*

04
/16

Akira_Tenshi

  • Offline
82%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Akira_Tenshi
Accepted Solution

It's crashed on me a few times resulting in me losing progress, make sure you save a lot. I haven't had it crash while saving, mostly while doing anything that requires being online.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Sims 3 Game Save Freezing *warning*

[ Edited ]
02
/16

riven65

  • Offline
38%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
riven65
Accepted Solution

Have the same problem

 

 

 

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Sims 3 Game Save Freezing *warning*

MVP
08
/16

steven_dutch

  • MVP
  • Offline
85%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
steven_dutch
Accepted Solution

The game just froze up again on me on the Saving screen.

Guess I'm going to have to wait till a patch is made.

Hope the wait won't be too long.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Sims 3 Game Save Freezing *warning*

02
/16

ubbzz

  • Offline
25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ubbzz
Accepted Solution

ya, I just got the game today...It saved the first time,  then I build an entirely new house and it's on the saving screen for like 10 minutes and I just shut my PS3 off cuz it wasn't worth it

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Sims 3 Game Save Freezing *warning*

02
/16

ChanceMelbourne

  • Offline
23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ChanceMelbourne
Accepted Solution

Hey Kids! Wanna know the real treat about Sims 3? I've found, by slogging through the game and being able to save less and less frequently, after tiny 5 minute chunks of gameplay, that the problem only gets worse the more you play, to the point that eventually you can't save at all.

 

 Waiting for a patch? Why? EA had the same problem, among others with the PC version of the game that was released over a year ago. They had to be aware that something like this could happen with the console release. I'm pretty sure they have people they call testers, who after trying out the console version, might have mentioned a small problem like not being able to save. Just a hunch, I figure they knew about the problem and can't fix it. Also figure that because they are EA, they released a broken game, with no intention of fixing it, hoping they could make a quick buck and recoup some of their losses before word spread. They always have their lucrative sports titles among others to help them weather any storm and apparently think they can afford to screw the Simmers. If you look at how buggy Castaways and other past titles were, haven't they been for a while? 

 

 Bottom line, EA had to know there was a problem and the fact that they released the game anyway is reprehensible. The fact that so many people have reported the problem and EA hasn't in any way publicly acknowledged the problem, apologised and promised to fix it, says they can't and probably won't, and they are only interested in covering their own asses for when the lawyers start calling.

 

In the past I've been indifferent when I've come across negative stories about EA's business practices or how they treat their employees. I'm not indifferent when they blatantly rip me off for a $60 game and a $20 book. I want to know they are working on a patch now. I want an apology now. I want a money back guarantee on any of their future games or I will never touch another EA product again no matter how positive the buzz is about it. I encourage others to do the same and to make as much noise about Sims 3 as you can so that others don't get screwed the way we alll have.

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Sims 3 Game Save Freezing *warning*

MVP
08
/16

steven_dutch

  • MVP
  • Offline
85%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
steven_dutch
Accepted Solution

@ChanceMelbourne

 

Not only has it happened to PC owners a year ago, the same is happening to 360 owners.

So therefore definitely it's related to the software.

Also, I think you actually made quite a good point about EA's Q&A and there inability to acknowledge and patch the bugs in games. Either that or we've both been extremely unlucky.

 

I didn't buy FIFA 11 this year as FIFA 10 was bug ridden.

My FIFA 10 bugs:

  • Quitting the game results in my PS3 resetting itself.
  • Assigning my second control pad to a second player completely freezes the game.
  • Finishing one season in manager mode resulted into me having millions in debt, not having spent anything!
  • Missed a few trophies due to bugs.

And you're right about EA not patching this.

This is now the second unplayable game by EA in my collection and I'm not a happy customer.

 

Back on topic on The Sims:

I'm still hoping they're going to patch this as I don't want to start again and lose about 50 hours of game play.

The problem seems to be the customised clothes/objects which you download or create.

So anyone playing this game, I can advise not to do this.

 

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Sims 3 Game Save Freezing *warning*

02
/16

ShadowChicken

  • Offline
31%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ShadowChicken
Accepted Solution
No, the problem can't be just related to custom content or extra stuff that you may have downloaded as I have not downloaded anything (in fact I haven't even tried the custom stuff yet) and I am getting the same problem. I sent off a support email to the EA support site detailing my problem and telling EA what I think of their QA. I encourage everyone to do the same as well. If nothing else EA will get flooded with upset emails. I am supposed to get a response within 24 hours but that hasn't happened. I wonder what pitiful response I'll eventually get from them. I should have learned my lesson after purchasing Dragon Age Origins from EA for the PS3 and finding it so filled with bugs that I gave it playing. My favorite bug was the random backwards control bug that pops up during random battles and the only way to correct it is to quit the game and start again. Again that meant having to save my game every 20 minutes as you never knew when it would happen.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Sims 3 Game Save Freezing *warning*

04
/16

PiaCarot

  • Offline
89%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PiaCarot
Accepted Solution

This is a really awful bug. I hope I don't get it. 

 

I know Chicken says it's not related to downloadable stuff but i've decided to play offline only now just in case!

 

The game is full of bugs though, sometimes I can't pay bills, can't get into my own (default) house, maids and repairmen get stuck in my (again default house)

 

for about a week I had a cut price maid because she never left and I only got charged $125 for a whole weeks worth of 24hr cleaning.... I couldn't dismiss her at all, even after I cancelled the cleaning. In the end my sims child was able to do it after she grew up! 

 

Repairman... My repairman keeps brining broken laptops into the house which he fixes and then leaves! It's a great way to make money but I do feel like i'm cheating!

 

I really do hope EA fix the save game bug though

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Sims 3 Game Save Freezing *warning*

________________________________________________________________
Just like a real carrot, but with a typo | Pia Comic

"You should never lie about cake, especially cake filled with money" ~ Me!
Beta Tester
05
/16

geestar71

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
80%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
geestar71
Accepted Solution

I'm not a Sims fan but this is shocking. As a result I will not buy ANY EA game from hereonin until it has been out at least for a month and we know it "works".

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Sims 3 Game Save Freezing *warning*


Beta Tester
05
/16

HUYI

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
82%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
HUYI
Accepted Solution
so many bugs but i am lucky because i recently backup up my save file just incase, now just think if the save file was locked you wouldn't be able to backup anything at all we are lucky the save file is able to be copied.

that laptop glitch with the repairman only happened to me once and i couldn't keep the money because the social services took my child away so i had to reload lol i am not bothered because i make enough money writing books :)
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Sims 3 Game Save Freezing *warning*

06
/16

CRASHBASHUK

  • Offline
91%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CRASHBASHUK
Accepted Solution

HUYI wrote:
so many bugs but i am lucky because i recently backup up my save file just incase, now just think if the save file was locked you wouldn't be able to backup anything at all we are lucky the save file is able to be copied.

that laptop glitch with the repairman only happened to me once and i couldn't keep the money because the social services took my child away so i had to reload lol i am not bothered because i make enough money writing books :)

Oh year u got to hear my story with social services.

As u know u get karma points at midnight(sim time) BUT some times it can be a quake well that happen 2 me and everything broke in the house then around 24 hours later social services took my kids, I thorough thats unfair when u did the quake so I quit the game but didn't save it :) and reloaded it before that all happened

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Sims 3 Game Save Freezing *warning*


try my LBP2 BUZZ quiz level: http://lbp.me/v/wx-k51
04
/16

PiaCarot

  • Offline
89%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PiaCarot
Accepted Solution

If you are getting lots of quakes it's probably because you are using lots of Good Karma - 

 

Use too much good karma and you'll get lots of bad Karma!

 

Writing novels is a great money earner, I have a lvl 10 scientist who is a best seller, a work at home mum who is a best seller, and a teenager who is also a best seller!! Plus they own a fair few businesses now too!

 

Another good tip is when you are just starting out, have a little cash but have a cheap house full of cheap furniture and goods. Save your game* and move house but opt to "sell furniture"

 

The house you move into will be fully furnished... I went from a tiny bungalow with poor furniture to a two floor house with the best furniture, showers and TV!

 

*Remember to save your game just incase you dont get what you want!

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Sims 3 Game Save Freezing *warning*

________________________________________________________________
Just like a real carrot, but with a typo | Pia Comic

"You should never lie about cake, especially cake filled with money" ~ Me!
06
/16

CRASHBASHUK

  • Offline
91%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CRASHBASHUK
Accepted Solution

PiaCarot wrote:

If you are getting lots of quakes it's probably because you are using lots of Good Karma - 

 

Use too much good karma and you'll get lots of bad Karma!

 

Writing novels is a great money earner, I have a lvl 10 scientist who is a best seller, a work at home mum who is a best seller, and a teenager who is also a best seller!! Plus they own a fair few businesses now too!

 

Another good tip is when you are just starting out, have a little cash but have a cheap house full of cheap furniture and goods. Save your game* and move house but opt to "sell furniture"

 

The house you move into will be fully furnished... I went from a tiny bungalow with poor furniture to a two floor house with the best furniture, showers and TV!

 

*Remember to save your game just incase you dont get what you want!


BUT i dnt use them much not like every sim day

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Sims 3 Game Save Freezing *warning*


try my LBP2 BUZZ quiz level: http://lbp.me/v/wx-k51
04
/16

PiaCarot

  • Offline
89%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PiaCarot
Accepted Solution

 


CRASHBASHUK wrote:

PiaCarot wrote:

If you are getting lots of quakes it's probably because you are using lots of Good Karma - 

 

Use too much good karma and you'll get lots of bad Karma!

 

 


BUT i dnt use them much not like every sim day


 

 

hehe - I think if you probably use them perhaps more than once every Sim week you are probably likely to get bad karma too... I think you can turn it off in the options though?

 

Back onto the game save Bug, a few more people on twitter are getting this and on my blog (which is usually totally unread by anyone but me) i've had loads of visits to my post about this bug!

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Sims 3 Game Save Freezing *warning*

________________________________________________________________
Just like a real carrot, but with a typo | Pia Comic

"You should never lie about cake, especially cake filled with money" ~ Me!
Beta Tester
05
/16

HUYI

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
82%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
HUYI
Accepted Solution

PiaCarot wrote:

If you are getting lots of quakes it's probably because you are using lots of Good Karma - 

 

Use too much good karma and you'll get lots of bad Karma!

 

Writing novels is a great money earner, I have a lvl 10 scientist who is a best seller, a work at home mum who is a best seller, and a teenager who is also a best seller!! Plus they own a fair few businesses now too!

 

Another good tip is when you are just starting out, have a little cash but have a cheap house full of cheap furniture and goods. Save your game* and move house but opt to "sell furniture"

 

The house you move into will be fully furnished... I went from a tiny bungalow with poor furniture to a two floor house with the best furniture, showers and TV!

 

*Remember to save your game just incase you dont get what you want!


you can turn off karma consequences in the options menu to stop yourself getting earthquakes and other nasties, my sim earn about £3,600 a week from best sellers, my daughter, not so much, i will try that moving house tip only problem is i don't think i would have enough cash to move out, but i will try though, i was thinking of just expanding my current house with the income i was getting but your idea seems even better, do you unlock the trophy where your house is worth more than 35k? then it would make it worth while to move.

 


ScootaKuH wrote:

IXIScorpioIXI wrote:
You mean people are actually buying 'The Sims' on console??

That was your first mistake.

Yeah and that comment was of great comfort to those that are having problems with the game well done.

 

I have it on PS3 because my PC isn't really capable of running the game (I used to own it on PC) and I was sick of having to upgrade every time a game came out that I wanted.

 

Nonetheless if there is a problem affecting many people with save games glitching then EA need to address it by way of a patch.


i brought sims 3 for the same reason my pc can run sims 3 but it just freezes everytime i load the game so i brought it for my ps3 instead, no graphics card needed! this is EA we are talking about, we can only hope for a patch but i won't hold my breath.

 


CRASHBASHUK wrote:

HUYI wrote:
so many bugs but i am lucky because i recently backup up my save file just incase, now just think if the save file was locked you wouldn't be able to backup anything at all we are lucky the save file is able to be copied.

that laptop glitch with the repairman only happened to me once and i couldn't keep the money because the social services took my child away so i had to reload lol i am not bothered because i make enough money writing books :)

Oh year u got to hear my story with social services.

As u know u get karma points at midnight(sim time) BUT some times it can be a quake well that happen 2 me and everything broke in the house then around 24 hours later social services took my kids, I thorough thats unfair when u did the quake so I quit the game but didn't save it :) and reloaded it before that all happened


lol my son was taken away becasue he didn't have enough social bar well how could i talk to him? i was working my ***** off to get some more mulla :( what really cool thing about the pc versions is you can delete the social worker just as she enters the door, a real shame you can't do that on the ps3 XD.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Sims 3 Game Save Freezing *warning*

[ Edited ]
04
/16

PiaCarot

  • Offline
89%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PiaCarot
Accepted Solution

I'm not sure about that trophy HUYI... i'll have to check but my house is definately worth more that that!

 

Got to say this is a very good game for trophies :)

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Sims 3 Game Save Freezing *warning*

________________________________________________________________
Just like a real carrot, but with a typo | Pia Comic

"You should never lie about cake, especially cake filled with money" ~ Me!
Beta Tester
05
/16

HUYI

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
82%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
HUYI
Accepted Solution

geestar71 wrote:

I'm not a Sims fan but this is shocking. As a result I will not buy ANY EA game from hereonin until it has been out at least for a month and we know it "works".


this is the only EA i will purchase because it is the sims, anything else then EA can eat my shorts especially with their silly online pass rubbish.


steven_dutch wrote:

@ChanceMelbourne

 

Not only has it happened to PC owners a year ago, the same is happening to 360 owners.

So therefore definitely it's related to the software.

Also, I think you actually made quite a good point about EA's Q&A and there inability to acknowledge and patch the bugs in games. Either that or we've both been extremely unlucky.

 

I didn't buy FIFA 11 this year as FIFA 10 was bug ridden.

My FIFA 10 bugs:

  • Quitting the game results in my PS3 resetting itself.
  • Assigning my second control pad to a second player completely freezes the game.
  • Finishing one season in manager mode resulted into me having millions in debt, not having spent anything!
  • Missed a few trophies due to bugs.

And you're right about EA not patching this.

This is now the second unplayable game by EA in my collection and I'm not a happy customer.

 

Back on topic on The Sims:

I'm still hoping they're going to patch this as I don't want to start again and lose about 50 hours of game play.

The problem seems to be the customised clothes/objects which you download or create.

So anyone playing this game, I can advise not to do this.

 

 


no wonder why my partner hated the game the glitches don't help the game at all, the game is bad enough!
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Sims 3 Game Save Freezing *warning*

[ Edited ]
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel