60%
02 Rank
Progress

Unofficial 'I want ...' thread

[ Edited ]
2,948 Replies 30,774 Views edited 09-04-2008
19 Apr 2007
By TheChan
In my opinion there are quite a few things sony need to add to ps3 firmware, I'll list the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

The ability to make "phone calls" to buddies no matter what they are doing at the time, if they are in game make it so a notification shows on screen and a tap of the ps button answers the call so as not to interrupt gameplay.

A news icon in the network part of the xmb so that issues like the one I'm currently having with rub a dub (bought the full game and installed but am only getting the demo :S ) can be pointed out so that we know sony is doing something about it.

Here's a biggie - an option to reassign control pad buttons to a MOUSE and KEYBOARD to play games with (1st person games that is) yeah it's not important to most of us but I have at least 6 friends who would buy a ps3 tomorrow if they could play resistance with a mouse and keyboard but because they can't they are not going to bother until the price drops to around half what it is.
Message Edited by Lestrade on 09-04-2008 02:29 PM
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Law44uk

68%
02 Rank
Progress
Law44uk
Accepted Solution
Yawn... Crappy 10 letters
0 Kudos

Re: If PS3 is gonna beat XBOX...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TheChan

60%
02 Rank
Progress
TheChan
Accepted Solution
Which leads me to another point, make it so you can post a long post without running out of space and having to double post to finish what you were saying lol DivX and Xvid support pretty please. Being able to play your own mp3s ingame would be a nice addition too, the first xbox could do it so why not on ps3? Well I'm gonna stop there before this becomes a triple post, I'll just finish by saying that sony needs to listen to what we, the people who put money in their pockets, want out of our £425 console instead of going the way they did with the ps2 (shafting us over the hdd, FFXI etc.) Feel free to add to the list and hopefully someone will take notice :)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Kiiefa

43%
02 Rank
Progress
Kiiefa
Accepted Solution

Eloo people i have a PS3 PSN Kiiefa , and i think the question everyone wants to be answered is were the hell is Playstation Home as it was due last year and we still haven't found the Sims like game hitting our PS3 i think it's really stupid how long it's taking to be brought out so can you answer the following questions if possible?

When will we be seeing Playstation Home on our PS3's

And will it still be a free download we will find on the Playstation Store ?

Ooooo ye rememba im English and in the UK so i won't want to know the date of the american or japaneese arrival of Home becuase that would be no help to me ?

and i would also like to clear up how bad i think the new trophys are and other new things which sounded really exciting while i was att school but when i get home and get the new Firmware Update its crap you can do lots on it but can't actually do it if you get what i mean like they say oooo ye you can use the Trophy option when its only available for around 5 games also the being able to listen to music while in a game works the same as trophys and you can only use it with around five games and my final point is that it says about the new bar pressing the Playstation button and being able to access the home page for playstation but thats alode of rubbish as well as all you can really do is send and receive messages you cant start a chat which i was told you could, ooo ill keep going aabout how bad i think this update really is from what people have said about it, when you press the home button in the centre of your pad and it takes you to the fist playstation page it moves so slowly and gets really really bad lag also i got so dizzy of the fact that it also takes about 10 seconds too recover an icon picture and while its trying too read it, its just a spinning arrow 

Not imprest sony tryed to copy xbox i think ps3 are orsome compare to xbox becus xbox just brake but with this update it has just tryed to copy xbox and has failed

Kiiefa

xx

n i really totaly aggree mayte i really cant beleive sony are so selfish we thah ones that pay all the money too them so the least they can do is just ry and take into note what we the customers want you know what they say you should always treat your customer with respect, but i have too admit i watched a sony video on 2.40 firmware and it did admit that so many people were complainin becauz they just wernt getting there money worth which is fair enuff but it did say that the man on the video said that sony was watching what we are saying and 2.40 firmware  was actualli created by our votes , that would be good we should all get too cast our vote then it goes too a big poll then sony select what people voted for most, somthing else is that with xbox you can log on to your xbox live acount and do everything ou can do from and xbox but just on cumputer this sort of option would be orsome for us Ps3 gamers

Plzzzzzz sony read our messages well you only need to really read one becuz we are all saying exactly the same things

But thanks eny wai  

;)

xx

Kiiefa

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Sonnyjimba

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Sonnyjimba
Accepted Solution

Kiiefa wrote:

Eloo people i have a PS3 PSN Kiiefa , and i think the question everyone wants to be answered is were the hell is Playstation Home as it was due last year and we still haven't found the Sims like game hitting our PS3 i think it's really stupid how long it's taking to be brought out so can you answer the following questions if possible?

When will we be seeing Playstation Home on our PS3's

And will it still be a free download we will find on the Playstation Store ?

Ooooo ye rememba im English and in the UK so i won't want to know the date of the american or japaneese arrival of Home becuase that would be no help to me ?

and i would also like to clear up how bad i think the new trophys are and other new things which sounded really exciting while i was att school but when i get home and get the new Firmware Update its crap you can do lots on it but can't actually do it if you get what i mean like they say oooo ye you can use the Trophy option when its only available for around 5 games also the being able to listen to music while in a game works the same as trophys and you can only use it with around five games and my final point is that it says about the new bar pressing the Playstation button and being able to access the home page for playstation but thats alode of rubbish as well as all you can really do is send and receive messages you cant start a chat which i was told you could, ooo ill keep going aabout how bad i think this update really is from what people have said about it, when you press the home button in the centre of your pad and it takes you to the fist playstation page it moves so slowly and gets really really bad lag also i got so dizzy of the fact that it also takes about 10 seconds too recover an icon picture and while its trying too read it, its just a spinning arrow 

Not imprest sony tryed to copy xbox i think ps3 are orsome compare to xbox becus xbox just brake but with this update it has just tryed to copy xbox and has failed

Kiiefa

xx

n i really totaly aggree mayte i really cant beleive sony are so selfish we thah ones that pay all the money too them so the least they can do is just ry and take into note what we the customers want you know what they say you should always treat your customer with respect, but i have too admit i watched a sony video on 2.40 firmware and it did admit that so many people were complainin becauz they just wernt getting there money worth which is fair enuff but it did say that the man on the video said that sony was watching what we are saying and 2.40 firmware  was actualli created by our votes , that would be good we should all get too cast our vote then it goes too a big poll then sony select what people voted for most, somthing else is that with xbox you can log on to your xbox live acount and do everything ou can do from and xbox but just on cumputer this sort of option would be orsome for us Ps3 gamers

Plzzzzzz sony read our messages well you only need to really read one becuz we are all saying exactly the same things

But thanks eny wai  

;)

xx

Kiiefa

Well done you are now the: WORST SPELLER ON THE FORUMS, I wonder if Sony could make you a trophy for that...

Ever heard of the full stop key?

And anyway why can't you read the website news?

Home will be released in Autumn.

END OF.

Message Edited by Sonnyjimba on 02-07-2008 09:25 PM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
I wub moshii :(

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Kiiefa

43%
02 Rank
Progress
Kiiefa
Accepted Solution

ye mayte shut yure trap hole yeeee na i ent sad enuff too read the news thnks gotta beta things to be doin thx ;) Buh thx eny wai n if i was tlkn to yuh i wuda put dear yure ***** name at thah start

mii moto is eat sleepin wit the cheeky twats mum and EXCRETE ;) 

Their yuh go dik

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Sonnyjimba

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Sonnyjimba
Accepted Solution

Kiiefa wrote:

ye mayte shut yure trap hole yeeee na i ent sad enuff too read the news thnks gotta beta things to be doin thx ;) Buh thx eny wai n if i was tlkn to yuh i wuda put dear yure ***** name at thah start

mii moto is eat sleepin wit the cheeky twats mum and EXCRETE ;) 

Their yuh go dik

Sorry I don't speak Wookie.
0 Kudos

I wub moshii :(

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
60%
02 Rank
Progress
MM51-TheRealDeal
Accepted Solution

about the ingame music,

only certain games allow you to do that LBP and MVC2 support ingame music and i think NFS does as well

Message Edited by MM51-TheRealDeal on 23-09-2009 04:08 PM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BigDaddyLeo

23%
02 Rank
Progress
BigDaddyLeo
Accepted Solution
black ops
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

iDeKlein17

64%
02 Rank
Progress
iDeKlein17
Accepted Solution

I want a new XMB 

I'm sorry but compared to the Xbox

Our user interface just looks so death.

Just more 3D like. And PS Home needs to get more connecten with the community too.

0 Kudos

Re

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

PoedelPCS

88%
03 Rank
Progress
PoedelPCS
Accepted Solution

my favourites:

* cross game chat

* Sound-Input Fallback: I am using per default my Sony BT Headset, but it was nice, if I could use the cam's internal mic in case of not beeing connected with BT Headset. If you just want to have a short chat on the xmb I have to switch this option or wear the headset.

0 Kudos

Betreff: Re

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

P_ARSENAL

24%
02 Rank
Progress
P_ARSENAL
Accepted Solution

playstation is allready better than xbox but what xbox has and playstation hasn't is where friends can talk to each ohter without being on the same game if you add that it would be even better 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

qamar819

28%
02 Rank
Progress
qamar819
Accepted Solution

playstation is gonna beat x-box eny day.playstation rules!!!!!!!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TheChan

60%
02 Rank
Progress
TheChan
Accepted Solution
Yawn... Crappy 10 letters I'm not complaining, I love my ps3. I'm just listing the additions I would like to see that would also make the console more appealing to the people who haven't bought one yet or would rather get a 360 because it's easy to contact a friend even if they are playing a game you don't own. This is a wish list, not a crappy list.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

kaosnena

21%
02 Rank
Progress
kaosnena
Accepted Solution
Hey, I'm having a little trouble with far cry 2. I was hoping you could help. See I published my map, and it's updating. I was wondering how long that takes. And, if you don't know could you please direct me to someone who does. Thank you.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Ollie901

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Ollie901
Accepted Solution

kaosnena wrote:
Hey, I'm having a little trouble with far cry 2. I was hoping you could help. See I published my map, and it's updating. I was wondering how long that takes. And, if you don't know could you please direct me to someone who does. Thank you.

If I were you I'd post a new thread.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

meeedo7

21%
02 Rank
Progress
meeedo7
Accepted Solution

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

dazman5000

83%
04 Rank
Progress
dazman5000
Accepted Solution

I want to be able to change my sub account to a master account, I mean seriously!!

Or at least to be able to have all the same features, it's so frustrating

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

rulya_mines

51%
02 Rank
Progress
rulya_mines
Accepted Solution

what difference would it be updating your sub account to adownload.png master 1 ????   lol

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Xx_Accobra_xX

31%
02 Rank
Progress
Xx_Accobra_xX
Accepted Solution
Oh by the way to finally end this xbox vs ps3 dispute, i have both slim 250gb ps3 AND slim 250gb Xbox 360 and i think PS3 is much better.
graphics, speed, connection, reliability etc. everything is better.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

insincere_dave

43%
02 Rank
Progress
insincere_dave
Accepted Solution

I'm sure it's probably been said before but I would really like an image capture option when you are playing video files, DVDs or BlueRays. 

There seems to be this option in some games so I can't see why it wouldn't be possible with videos.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel