60%
02 Rank
Progress

Unofficial 'I want ...' thread

[ Edited ]
2,948 Replies 30,380 Views edited 09-04-2008
19 Apr 2007
By TheChan
In my opinion there are quite a few things sony need to add to ps3 firmware, I'll list the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

The ability to make "phone calls" to buddies no matter what they are doing at the time, if they are in game make it so a notification shows on screen and a tap of the ps button answers the call so as not to interrupt gameplay.

A news icon in the network part of the xmb so that issues like the one I'm currently having with rub a dub (bought the full game and installed but am only getting the demo :S ) can be pointed out so that we know sony is doing something about it.

Here's a biggie - an option to reassign control pad buttons to a MOUSE and KEYBOARD to play games with (1st person games that is) yeah it's not important to most of us but I have at least 6 friends who would buy a ps3 tomorrow if they could play resistance with a mouse and keyboard but because they can't they are not going to bother until the price drops to around half what it is.
Message Edited by Lestrade on 09-04-2008 02:29 PM
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

andy_mc_rfc1

60%
02 Rank
Progress
andy_mc_rfc1
Accepted Solution
in game access to the XMB, more play back compatability << i cant spell!!!, more support for files such as AVI, customise the background.

Rant over

and the mod on this brilliant we love to see more people like this that actually care :D :D :gr8:
0 Kudos

Re: Unofficial 'I want ...' thread

[AAO] Against All Odds Co-Leader
Rangers Football Club fan & proud

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TidusSephiroth

80%
02 Rank
Progress
TidusSephiroth
Accepted Solution
1. More games to be Backwards Compatible and keep it up until it's 100% backwards compatible.

2. Be able to have your own Avatar not an Avatar that is already available but to use one found on the Internet or something (The avatar under your Friends List)

3. Be able to have a background of your choice instead of different colours for different months.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

[Gunshock]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
[Gunshock]
Accepted Solution
It has already been mentioned but to re-iterate MP3 in game please, I think the 360 does this already however im not sure. But I would love to be able to listen to my own playlist whilst playing games. Good thread and idea guys.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

carpman1

41%
02 Rank
Progress
carpman1
Accepted Solution

with the music playlist  on ps3 i also think that the playlist should blend in with any game on the ps3 with an interface and volume control adjustment,just like the 360 has! this in my opinion is the best thing the 360 has!!! the ps3 is a fantastic machine,but this one thing bugs me! I know the latest update lets you play the ODD game,but you should be able to play ANY game with volume adjustment of music at ANYTIME,like the 360!!!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

V8_Vantage

93%
04 Rank
Progress
V8_Vantage
Accepted Solution
1. To have custom backgrounds
2. To support more video and audio formats
3. To have access to the XMB during a game
4. To increase the friends list
5. To be able to use the PSP as a screen to play a game
6. To be able to watch Blu-rays at 720p
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Johnny5_Hull

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Johnny5_Hull
Accepted Solution
Another one, it would be nice if when having a 2 player (Co-Op onf RFOM etc) that you can asign profiles to players instead of just being player 1 or player 2 cos thats really annoying.

Plus being able to have more than 1 save game for the games under the same profile, but I think thats more a developer issue
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ratchetnclank

98%
07 Rank
Progress
ratchetnclank
Accepted Solution
i also want split screen online and the profiles for splitscreen thing instead of player1/2 and custom soundtracks but that is a dev issue
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

TheNarrator

• MVP
96%
13 Rank
Progress
TheNarrator
Accepted Solution
everything i want has already been said.

- different Key Tones on the XMB! (theyre cool, but could be cooler)
- better icons/customization for your PS3 profile (not your online one)
- that thing where you can choose a ten second segment of video and use it on the XMB as the game/film icon (or is that already in?)
- on Standard Definition tvs, its kinda hard to see the amount of charge the controller icon has, could that be made bigger/longer?
- HOME, by the end of next week, please :)
0 Kudos

KZAM!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Johnny5_Hull

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Johnny5_Hull
Accepted Solution
Another one (I'm gunna keep thinking of these....works boring me today :) )

Hows about being able to catagorise the people you've met by Game, as opposed to one big long list????

That would be nice, and make finding people a whole lot easier.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

edgefusion

• Beta Tester
80%
02 Rank
Progress
edgefusion
Accepted Solution
• XMB functionality from within games. • MP3 playback in games in place of default soundtrack. • Custom backgrounds. • Custom avatars. • The universal notification system thing (the box that pops up on your screen to alert you of stuff happening) needs to be a little bit more transparent, it gets in the way sometimes. • More effort put into backwards compatibility.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

LarasAider

90%
05 Rank
Progress
LarasAider
Accepted Solution

Just a wish list that I would like to see happen. :Thumbs:

1. Allow More than one PS3 to be activated for Video Store.

2. More cool displays when playing music.

3. same downloadable content as other countries.

4. better HD recognition for games that support 1080i & 1080p; function only shows 720p without manual set-up, when all boxes are ticked.

5. Include a news banner like the old PS3

6. Full compatibility with facebook and twitter

7. more unique On-demand content and not something we'd get from a basic channel like BBC

0 Kudos

To Gaming... Always Faithful.

Error: Undergoing Maintenance

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

legendary266

75%
02 Rank
Progress
legendary266
Accepted Solution

timesplitters 4

a theme for your ps3 profile

news updates

more hd remakes

cross game chat

0 Kudos

My Dream is for crytek to make Timesplitters 4 :(

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Suddss

64%
02 Rank
Progress
Suddss
Accepted Solution
Timesplitters... havent played that game in ages, hell of a request there mate!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SeraphimUK

80%
02 Rank
Progress
SeraphimUK
Accepted Solution

Ok, so my pc is acting up and I got a threat by a group on psn. I was told I am not allowed to name them, I am sorry but if people are allowed to carry on hacking people then I have every right to name them. If you want to ban me down take out an injuction as shown in the sun for a gagging order. I am not putting up with the abuse any longer it's been over a year and they are still bragging about hacking psn & being on psn while all of us were offline.They even stand in sosium swearing using the C word at people and saying we used this softwear from Uniquez to hack psn and get people clothing with a free ISE we created, we are claiming glitches, you get the idea.Either protect us get rid of these hackers or I burn my ps3 in protest, I am sick of psn ignoring my emails deleting my posts when it's plain to see who is messing up psn.Use to be really nice on there and friendly but letting them keep their Uniquez website means you're letting them still keep a whole community of hacking sites open.

WHY IS UNIQUEZ.COM still open with XxSianxX the owner of it bragging on psn how they hack admin?

PmCroft

XxCherryBlossomxX

yelling at people calling them men and worse. want to see them sure go look at the fact they have pink text as, a clan.

If I get banned for protecting myself due to these monsters or a warning about this, then I want to know why they are being protected and why admin say don't mention these people on psn forums! Makes me wonder just what admin are upto.

also how come you have allowed Carla_Birch to engage in sexual antics dressed as a woman yet actually a man same with Joanna_Dark why give the hackes admin skills?

http://home-watch.blogspot.com/2010/08/carla-who.html

http://s668.photobucket.com/albums/vv42/PSNCorruption/CarlCyber/

My think is PSN why are you trying to Silence me when it's not me hacking psn?!?! it's freedom of speech protect psn community don't promote thes ehackers or allow them on psn any longer, you are doing this yourselves by failing to accept responsibilty and we are all paying for it any protests going? can I join one?

have a good look stop standing there praising these people on psn fashion forums they aren't your hero's they are the hackers of psn!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Gerks_1

31%
02 Rank
Progress
Gerks_1
Accepted Solution

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Badvok

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Badvok
Accepted Solution
- Allow option to use PSP as controller for PS3 sort of like Remote Play but simply as a remote commander for the PS3 so you don't have to use the big HD TV if you just want to play some music. i.e. allow option to not re-direct sound to the PSP.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

tom_wilkes

80%
01 Rank
Progress
tom_wilkes
Accepted Solution
Access to XMB *properly* at all times, like the 360 dash.

yes yes yes yes yes
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

RSVDaz

80%
01 Rank
Progress
RSVDaz
Accepted Solution
yes yes yes yes yes

seconded :D
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
80%
01 Rank
Progress
StrikingBlizzard
Accepted Solution
All the above (especially ingame access to XMB) and the following: - Faster startup of Playstation Store - A better overview for the Playstation Store included a search functionality - Universal Friends list (or at least the ability to sync between our xmb and ingame friends list) - Ability to access remote play without having to start up the PS3 manually and go through the menu At the moment, remote play isn't quite 'remote'... - Better Flash support in webbrowser. Also support for WMV and .mov streaming... So we can watch great HD trailers from Gametrailers.com - A clock and date somewhere - How the hell is this not in the PS3 yet???? - RSS feeds: It would be great if we could use these for live streaming (at E3 maybe??)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

notapieeater

60%
02 Rank
Progress
notapieeater
Accepted Solution
Some way to silence the dang music when on a Game icon in XMB
- scares the heebie jeebies outta me every time...!

Temperature and Fan RPM on the System Information page
- helps let folk know that their PS3 is working normally and isn't about to blow up...

Access to RSX within Linux
- you never know, Linux folk could be writing the next killer game for you...
(a man can dream, can't he?)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

[RapeFister]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
[RapeFister]
Accepted Solution
Clearly the most essential feature Sony have missed is AVI playback - that's XviD/DivX which most of the world uses for encoding videos.

I have no idea why they left this out since the PS3 is supposed to be a complete home media station as well as console.

I hope they fix this in the next update - everything else is secondary, just wishlist - this is *basic* functionality.
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel